Political Twelve Monkeys

Amentep

If you really want to know what a politician is up to listen to what they are against. The louder the are opposed to something the more likely they are doing it.

So libertarians are all about interventionism and state interference. Gotcha.

Couldn't say. None of us ever get elected. I'd love to find out though.

The realities of global geopolitics derailed (partially, for now) Trumps America First doctrine, I'd expect a libertarian to have their ideology derailed just as much. And I don't know if he's 'downsizing' government like a libertarian would.

Edited by smjjames

But he (Trump) is not Libertarian ...

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Heard there was a coup in ZImbabwe, seems a bit strange though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know, and even Rand Paul would have more discipline than Trump, but my point is that the realities of global geopolitics will try their best to derail whatever a politicians original plans were. Being all isolationist and noninterventionist was a whole lot easier before WWII, now it's much harder due to the nature of globalism.

Cards Against Humanity Buys Border Land

Bwahahaha, stupid is as stupid does. It gives me a warm fuzzy when people fall all over themselves to be sassy. BTW, who pays for this expensive lawsuit, the taxpayers? Hmmm...

As marketing stunts go it's not that bad. They've got us discussing them after all.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Agreed. Not a single foot of Trumpwall will be built before he's out of office so any publicity is good publicity. It was also brilliant of them to pass the costs on the their customers. :lol: A special cherry on top is them thinking "the government" will pay for the lawsuit.

Now what they should do is split up that territory by doling out each each square inch to like a million people, so that when the government claims eminent domain, they have they have to deal with a million people all at once. That should take long enough to outlast Trump.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Um, the costs will be borne by the very taxpayers who bought the parcels (and the rest of us). "We just paid for the land for this other company and now we will bring the "government" to its knees in an expensive lawsuit. F-YEAH!" R00fles!

Im more surprised that people can buy land right up to another country border. I figured there was some buffer of space between countries that was owned by the respective governments.

We agree comrade, why should your boss get 85% of the value you produce?

Because he gives you 100% of tools, 100% of materials, 100% of work space, 100% of salary etc.
KP: My employer takes away most of what I produce

Sharp one: But the rest he lets you keep, so be grateful.

As for what he keeps, he uses it in away that will allow him to take away more from you while letting you keep less. Just ask the McDonalds employees how those new touch screens worked out for them. :)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Every McDonald's I've been that has the touch screen ordering machines still has people behind the counter taking orders and in the back making the food. I even got table service last time I was in New York. The one closest to my work encourages ordering ahead via their app and they'll bring the food out to your car. I can only speak to what I've personally seen but it hasn't been at all like the doom and gloom "you wanted $15, now meet your replacement" type arguments. 

Um, the costs will be borne by the very taxpayers who bought the parcels (and the rest of us). "We just paid for the land for this other company and now we will bring the "government" to its knees in an expensive lawsuit. F-YEAH!" R00fles!

Im more surprised that people can buy land right up to another country border. I figured there was some buffer of space between countries that was owned by the respective governments.

Why would there be a lawsuit? The government would just have to deal with filing a million eminent domain claims and paying out the paltry amount of money for every inch to each individual. No lawsuit necessary - just a lot of pain on the part of the federal government.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Every McDonald's I've been that has the touch screen ordering machines still has people behind the counter taking orders and in the back making the food. I even got table service last time I was in New York. The one closest to my work encourages ordering ahead via their app and they'll bring the food out to your car. I can only speak to what I've personally seen but it hasn't been at all like the doom and gloom "you wanted $15, now meet your replacement" type arguments.

definitely less people working in them around here now. Then again, we mostly have rather small ones. There’s a possibility it might as well just be a correlation. Regardless, it’s an example to point out an underlying principle.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I don't think they own any land on the border, so, those lawyers are going to have to advocate for someone who does. There are already a lot of people who own land on the border (ranchers mostly) and the fence would have to go through a reservation which straddles the border. So, there are plenty of people that they'd have to go to court with in order to get through some areas.

Wouldn't the lawyers already be on staff? 

Government lawyers? Sure. But they get paid too. Afaik, Trump isn't opening his personal wallet to fight government lawsuits so these monies are consumed from the government coffers, which are filled by the taxpayers?

That's what I mean. They are already getting paid so I'm not sure how it becomes more expensive for the government other than maybe court fees.

Or overtime, if they even get that.

Edited by ShadySands

We agree comrade, why should your boss get 85% of the value you produce?

Because he gives you 100% of tools, 100% of materials, 100% of work space, 100% of salary etc.

KP: My employer takes away most of what I produce

Sharp one: But the rest he lets you keep, so be grateful.

As for what he keeps, he uses it in away that will allow him to take away more from you while letting you keep less. Just ask the McDonalds employees how those new touch screens worked out for them. :)

You can always be a freelancer, pay for your own tools, your own materials, find a buyer, keep a schedule, deal with the customers and after sale service, deal with bookkeeping etc.

Then calculate which is more profitable for you. It is that simple.

Sitting and complaining "he took my profits...that I made on his materials, his tools, after he trained me" will not solve your problems.

Be your own captain today!

Economies of scale would like a word with you.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.