You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

I just (well, two hours ago) got home after the evacuation; and honestly it's pretty fascinating.... we're amongst the first, and there's literally no one all the streets and every! single! Window! Is dark. But what probably disturbs me the most is the silence tbh

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I just (well, two hours ago) got home after the evacuation; and honestly it's pretty fascinating.... we're amongst the first, and there's literally no one all the streets and every! single! Window! Is dark. But what probably disturbs me the most is the silence tbh

I take it that the bomb disposal went off without a hitch?  I haven't been following the story, but if the bomb detonated I imagine it would be the top article everywhere.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I take it that the bomb disposal went off without a hitch? I haven't been following the story, but if the bomb detonated I imagine it would be the top article everywhere.
Yes, all went well :)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Handled the online pre-registration stuff for my return to university life. Dang. All the flashy "student portals" and "dashboards with apps" to handle all of this. Part of me is feeling all old man grumpy about this use of flash technology. 8)

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

better too fast than too slow, right?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Who the hell still uses Flash? ;)

Feeling kinda crappy today, my heartrate is way up and I don't know why. Making me feel weak and dizzy. Wonder if I should be concerned.

It is marriage killing you. But go see a doctor, you have a decent health care system, right? :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

walked the dogs early, and for the first time in a week, we weren't concerned 'bout dogs or Gromnir dropping from heat stroke. has been +105 since last tuesday.  our dogs don't like temps 'bove 80 (understatement), and it were hitting +80 by 7:30 am.  to make matters worse, predawn in this area, particular this time o' year, is kinda dangerous for rattlesnakes... though am expecting skunks should be a bigger concern... and turkeys.  laugh if you will, but male wild turkeys got a viscous spur.

in any event, the dogs were happy today, which is what matters.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You're telling me. Whilst painting in an air-conditioned room my water pot was evaporating before my eyes and my wet palette was curling up due to it drying out. At the height of the heat wave it stayed in the 90s outside until 8PM.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

It's possible. I did always say I would die at 30, I've only got half a year left. Maybe that's how. :p

But if you die then who will operate your alts?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Welp, Irma is coming so just in case: It was nice knowing all of you, I had a good life. Could have been better but it also could have been worse.
Remember me fondly.

Also, if you don't hear from me in a while just assume dead and put me on a signature or something. Love ya guys.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My parents live in Singer Island right off the coast of Florida.  Granted, they went through a category 4 (briefly a cat 5) last year and had practically no damage, the place they live in was built to withstand hurricanes.  I'm still going to be very nervous if Irma steers in their direction.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Irma is still far enough out from mainland USA that there is a fairly wide variance in the projected paths, though many of the projections look quite scary.  I guess the one positive is that none of the projections I've seen have it headed across the gulf toward southern Texas.  That region getting hit again 2 weeks later would be a giant middle finger from Mother Nature.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Welp, Irma is coming so just in case: It was nice knowing all of you, I had a good life. Could have been better but it also could have been worse.

Remember me fondly.

Also, if you don't hear from me in a while just assume dead and put me on a signature or something. Love ya guys.

Roger willco, good luck, and keep your head down!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Remember me fondly.

Keep safe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had our draft for our work fantasy football league. I had the best draft rating by a decent amount because my coworkers tended to go for Broncos players and just some of their league favorites and I was just pure numbers with it. I even ended up with a Cowboy on my team... I feel dirty, I need a shower.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Heard a funny saying : "We're all on a journey through life...some just deserve to do it with a limp"

Made today worth waking up for.

Sometimes the amount of stuff I have to do after work before relaxing astounds me. Today I got through my 45 minute commute, went to the gas station, then went to the farmer's market for some supplies. Once I got home I got the mail, took the groceries in and dropped my backpack in the kitchen, then got on the kids about homework. I kicked my son off the computer and told him to read, then I helped my daughter with her math. She didn't understand her writing assignment, so I helped her email the teacher and finally put the groceries in the fridge. Then I made a decision about dinner (leftovers!) I realized I had been home 45 minutes at that point and wanted to get a run in. I searched around for my missing backpack, got dressed, and ran away from my responsibilities for a bit.

After a quick shower, I'm now able to sit down and relax. :p 

Good luck Orogun. God be with you and yours next week.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Good luck and I hope all our Florida forumites stay safe, as well as my folks and those in the Caribbean.  ;(

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸