Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear

Rosbjerg

A female retired Marine officer running as Democrat for Congress in Kentucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcjG2fK7kNk

I guess we can say it takes a Marine to go for that sort of challenge.

That is a pretty fantastic pitch.

She lost me at "they are trying to take your healthcare away". You don't win points from me by repeating a political lie. Every plan the GOP voted (and failed to pass) was just Obamacare re-arranged and name changed. None of them took healthcare from anyone. If she was running in increased costs, limited plan options, that kind of thing I'd be more inclined to support... depending on her other positions of course.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

One thing the military does better than any other organization I've ever been part of is reward competence and weed out incompetence.

Well played. Had me going there for a second.

I can't answer for things I did not see first hand. So to tell the truth I really can't say much about the other services either, just the one I was in. But n that one, incompetence was a definite hindrance to promotion.As were character flaws. Unfortunately being an assohle was not counted as a character flaw so we did have quite a few of those climb the ladder.

The remark was more along the lines of being "the best" at something doesn't necessarily mean being "good" at it, just that the competition is even worse, which could be a literal interpretation of what you said. I believe the English idiom is "damning with faint praise". Just yanking your chain a bit, don't take it too seriously.

My own experience is that it wasn't hard to find NCOs that couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery, while simultaneously resenting career officers (regardless of their competence level). I wouldn't have trusted any of those clowns to lead me to the grocery store, let alone the 'stan. Then again, my experience wasn't in the US military, so it's possible things are different and there's a true culture of excellence. People are rarely systematically excellent though, so I'm not inclined to believe it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I like the assumption that environmentalists are better at lobbying politicians than big oil and the auto industries. Good times.

I would be more sympathetic to the death of cars if I didn't sit in traffic for an hour or two every day.

• Like 2

I like the assumption that environmentalists are better at lobbying politicians than big oil and the auto industries. Good times.

I would be more sympathetic to the death of cars if I didn't sit in traffic for an hour or two every day.

LA that bad?

Freedom is here

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

LA that bad?

Freedom is here

Yet another example of why I won't cast my vote for either. There really is no differences that matter between them.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcraft-gold-venezuelan-currency-value/

WoW in-game gold worth more than actual Venezuelan currency.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

LA that bad?

Freedom is here

I don't live in LA, it is much worse down there. Isn't Houston atrocious as well?

LA that bad?Freedom is here

I don't live in LA, it is much worse down there. Isn't Houston atrocious as well?

It's goddamn awful, but not as bad as LA or New York if reports are anything to go by. Of course a lot of streets are ****ed and you're likely to get your tires shredded of you're not careful.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

It'd take a lot of infrasturcture tweaking but most major cities+surrounding areas could probably switch to some form of rail and be a lot more efficent. At the least it would hopefully get rid of the nightmare that is trying to find parking.

Unless these electric self driving cars work on dirt roads and have 4WD I'm out of luck.

Thomas Sowell

The horror.... the horror....

http://reason.com/archives/2017/08/02/rutgers-orders-freshmen-to-add-microagre

$175 for a mandatory microaggression class is nuts. I could do it for free, in one second: "Welcome to microaggressions training. Don't be an a-----e The end"

Next

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Unless these electric self driving cars work on dirt roads and have 4WD I'm out of luck.

They are really there to make the bulk of boring city/interstate driving safer and more efficient. Plus give you some of your life back.

If if they had autonomous off-road vehicles I'd still go it manual because that's when driving actually gets fun.

They are really there to make the bulk of boring city/interstate driving safer and more efficient. Plus give you some of your life back.

If if they had autonomous off-road vehicles I'd still go it manual because that's when driving actually gets fun.

Actually we've had automated off road vehicles for quite some time now:

western-stock-horse-conformation-with-ta

:lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 5

Thomas Sowell

You can install needed cameras and environmental sensors in 4WD car, but dirt roads are quite tricky for driving AI's to interpret with absolute accuracy, which is why self driving cars at least still have manual driving mode for such and other situations that their computer can't handle.

My drive isn't bad, and they're building a ton of roads, now that most new roads are toll.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Pay taxes for roads, pay tolls, pay taxes on those tolls (probably not right ? I hope), pay moneis b/c you went 1 mile over an artificial speed limit, have money stolen because you chose not to wear a seatbelt (your body your choice right so why do gov'ts intervere?), etc.   The gov't are Nazis and are all about stealing money. It wouldn't be so bad if they wouldn't waste so much of it though.

It be one thing to pay 50% taxes if that money was logically spent and spent well but probably half of that 50% is spent   in a way that works. LMAO

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It is annoying to have to pay the state for the privilege of driving the car you own on the roads you helped pay for. I have to pony up $25 every time my driver's license expires. I remember in Florida when the Florida Turnpike was built it was paid for by bonds that were re-paid by tolls collected. The story then was the tolls would only apply until the construction was paid for. That was in the 1950's. The road was paid for in the '70's. It's 40 years later and the whole thing is still a toll road and the tolls go up every few years. 

Thomas Sowell