Politics 2017 part II

Ben No.3

It seems to me that this is telling:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-adlertrump-idUSKBN15F276

It seems that Reuters' editorial staff now counts US government as hostile, pro-censoring and anti press. Which is quite achievement in 12 days, when you take account that before Reuters was very supportive of most things done by US government.

I guess all those references about Obama's lap dog press just went straight over your head.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It seems to me that this is telling:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-adlertrump-idUSKBN15F276

It seems that Reuters' editorial staff now counts US government as hostile, pro-censoring and anti press. Which is quite achievement in 12 days, when you take account that before Reuters was very supportive of most things done by US government.

I guess all those references about Obama's lap dog press just went straight over your head.

Before they were Obama's lap dogs they were Bush's lap dogs, and before that they were Clinton's lap dogs. This is first time that I have seen them to take negative stance towards current US government. This is just speaking about Reuters.

You know, I'd most likely be a democrate if it wasn't for all this apologizing and these sissy wankers. It seems on the ideals I relate more with them but I like the attitude of the republicans more so.

Democrates-balls in a purse

Republicans-balls zipped out swinging openly like they just don't care

Well at least your user name fits.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know, I'd most likely be a democrate if it wasn't for all this apologizing and these sissy wankers. It seems on the ideals I relate more with them but I like the attitude of the republicans more so.

Democrates-balls in a purse

Republicans-balls zipped out swinging openly like they just don't care

"Yeah yeah, these guys do have the better ideas how to run the country, but have you seen those other guys? SO MUCH MORE BADA$$!!"

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Compare and contrast:

https://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-poncho-inauguration-2017-1/?international=true&r=US

Once a joke of a president and a symbol of stupidity, always a yadda yadda.

It's unfair though. Clearly he never wanted to be President, he was forced into it. He just wants to paint.

georgebush_news_01.jpg

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

Problem with W was surrounding himself with the likes of Rummy or Clarke or Cheney.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I bet Cheney looked at Bannon, kicked himself, and exclaimed: "You mean I didn't _have_ to run as Vice President to run the country?!"

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Compare and contrast:

https://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-poncho-inauguration-2017-1/?international=true&r=US

Once a joke of a president and a symbol of stupidity, always a yadda yadda.

It's unfair though. Clearly he never wanted to be President, he was forced into it. He just wants to paint.

georgebush_news_01.jpg

The guy sure has that boyish smile that makes most think: "dawww, not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he sure means well atleast".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ha, Ha, Ha, they were never Bush's lapdogs, Bush was literally hitler, until he became a respected elder statesman so that Trump could become the new literal hitler.

For Reuters? Have you even read Bush era articles in Reuters. If you think those are calling somebody Hitler like then Fox news about Obama must have been really constant calling him as incarnation of Satan and bringer of apocalypse or even something worse in comparison. Because they were quite pro with his policies like war in Iraq etc..

Bush was certainly not portrayed favorably by much of the media, but he was never compared to Hitler. His intelligence was typically the target. Cheney usually got the evil mastermind schtick. But let's be honest, the rhetoric was never anywhere near as intense as it is on both sides as it is right now. You've got a purely antagonistic relationship, and the pace is unprecedented. It is constant, the first 10 days in office have been more controversial than most people's first year.

Because Trump fights back. The mainstream press didn't actually call Bush hitler, but a lot of his leftist enemies did. Edit: Also the left has never felt threatened before like they are by Trump. Bush was after all a go along to get along corporatist. Thus the left's hysterical meltdown.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"," but he was never compared to Hitler ""

"Talk about revisionist history. LMAO"

Outside of a few opinion pieces the press didn't, though there was of course a lot of Bu$Hitler stuff on the internet.

Bush was a dreadful president by most measures- he had the worst terrorist attack in the US on his watch, launched a war that killed thousands of US citizens and caused 100ks of other deaths, still rising, under false pretences plus ran the economy into the ground- and I don't think there's any way to avoid that conclusion. He also wasn't Hitler, indeed there's been precisely one Hitler and most comparisons using Hitler are lucky if they're merely facile; more often you can add 'lazy', 'asinine', 'hypocritical', 'gross hyperbole' and similar terms as well.

A few? There was a bunch. The reaction to Bush and niow Trump just reminds me of the 'boy who cried wolf'. One day there might be a Hitler running for President and the press will be ignored cause all of this nonsense.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A few? There was a bunch. The reaction to Bush and niow Trump just reminds me of the 'boy who cried wolf'. One day there might be a Hitler running for President and the press will be ignored cause all of thes enonsense.

There was not a single mainstream media source that was referring to Bush as Hitler. Stop lying.

A few? There was a bunch. The reaction to Bush and niow Trump just reminds me of the 'boy who cried wolf'. One day there might be a Hitler running for President and the press will be ignored cause all of this nonsense.

You are confusing press with people on TV, I think.

|"There was not a single mainstream media source that was referring to Bush as Hitler. Stop lying."

The lairs are the ones who are revising history. I was there. So much of the news was  'Bush is Hitler', 'Bush will  keep his presidency past 2 terms', 'Bush is beyond evil', etc., etc. Sure, it's not AS extreme as it is with Trump it that's only because the MSM has to go the next level. Just look at all the nice things they're saying about Bush now. It isn't like Bush has changed. he's the same guy he always was but now it's about painting trump as the evillist evil ever.

It is like video games. The new thing always has to be better than the previous (or in trump's case more evil and more Hitlerish). L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trump's praise of Douglass was something, apparently. Eloquence sure is dead these days.