Politics 2017

Wrath of Dagon

I find it funny that guys who claim they work 9 to 5 and all they get in result is more debt are criticizing a billionaire for a few failed projects.

Well, those failures by the billionaire may impact more people due to scope. And what's wrong with expecting more from your leaders?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I find it funny that guys who claim they work 9 to 5 and all they get in result is more debt are criticizing a billionaire for a few failed projects.

Well, those failures by the billionaire may impact more people due to scope. And what's wrong with expecting more from your leaders?

Oh, we got more, so much more : http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/444273/trumps-immigration-executive-orders

"a cutoff of visas for countries that refuse to take back their own citizens when we try to deport them."

Sanity finally returns.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

More on why fences work, and cost: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/border-fences-work

Subtitled: "How Trump beat Jebbito". I'm proud to say the person who lead the gutting of the 2006 law was our very own business lobby owned traitor, Kay Baley Hutchison.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"Open borders cartel". Sigh, damn articles with crank style writing

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I mean yeah, if you're afraid of failure you're not going to succeed but excessive failure is also not a great precedent for your president. :p

Yeah, the last President couldn't run a McDonald's.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/features/2015-09-29/a-1980s-new-york-city-battle-explains-donald-trump-s-candidacy

"Shuttered for repairs in 1980 by the Koch administration and set to be restored at the cost of $4.7 million, by 1985, the rink was $12 million over budget and still not ready."

More on why fences work, and cost: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/border-fences-work

Subtitled: "How Trump beat Jebbito". I'm proud to say the person who lead the gutting of the 2006 law was our very own business lobby owned traitor, Kay Baley Hutchison.

That Saudi Arabian fence is sweet! If were going to build a wall, it should be like theirs.

Also apparent inability to spell "foolproof" correctly, which doesn't make me think of the writer as an incredibly competent person I should be listening to.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Are you disputing the Israeli and Saudi claims of effectiveness?

Yes, especially Israel's. I would also point out that either of said walls circumstances aren't even close in comparison to what the alternative wall of USA is meant to be.

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

Also apparent inability to spell "foolproof" correctly, which doesn't make me think of the writer as an incredibly competent person I should be listening to.

No, if he spelled it "foolproof", it would only be proofed from you.

I don't think anyone would cite Saudi Arabia as a beacon of border security- their Great Wall is on paper, and if it's manned by Saudis won't be at all effective no matter its construction. Meanwhile, shoeless Houthis are still wandering around southern Saudi watching the Saudi border guards panic and run whenever shot at and blowing up a comical amount of advanced gear, including Abrams.

Edited by Zoraptor

No, if he spelled it "foolproof", it would only be proofed from you.

You know what fool is? It’s a naive person, someone who lacks good judgment. As you can imagine, a fool would be easily tricked by a clever ruse. Proof is an adjective that means “able to withstand, or invulnerable.” When you combine the two terms, you get foolproof. This adjective means “involving no risk or harm, or never-failing.” In other words, something foolproof would still work even if a fool were operating it. What is more, the fool would be safe in his work. You also probably know what full means. So what is fullproof?

You can look up the definition of full in the dictionary. You can easily find the definition of proof. What you won’t find is the answer to that question. Fullproof is not in the dictionary. 

Foolproof means infallible, or so simple or well-made that nothing can go wrong. It’s synonyms are reliable, sure, guaranteed, and flawless. There’s no such word as fullproof.

source

Obviously the same is true for its hyphenated form. "Full proof" (note the space) exists, but it's not an adjective.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Reminds me of an old joke:

An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman find a genie in a lamp, it grants each of them a wish: The Scotsman asks for a Hadrian's Wall to be rebuilt on the borders, but a thousand feet high with no entrances or exits. The Englishman offended asks for that wall to surround all of England so that Johnny Foreigner can't get in. The Irishman nodding along the whole time asks for the walled enclave to be filled with water.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

As usual, everyone forgets the Welsh

• Like 2