What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

The guessing and/or waiting game

Dowloading the ME:A trial right now but not sure if it will let me play it right away or if it's locked until a certain time

Update- I'm playing!

Update 2 - don't start playing until you have some time to focus on the game as even the character creator counts against the 10 hours

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Update 2 - don't start playing until you have some time to focus on the game as even the character creator counts against the 10 hours

How does this work? Does it log total played time or is it a continuous countdown once you download it regardless of whether you launch the game, or...?

edit: nevermind. Shift + F1 brings up the overlay that tells you how much time you have left.

Gonna see if I can get a few matches in, already hate my dad.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Took me about half an hour to create a character whose face I hate half the time and nearly two hours to go through the first mission and all cutscenes before and after it. A lot of that time was exploring every nook and cranny to make sure I didn't ​miss anything

I quite literally fell asleep after 30 minutes of ME: Andromeda. Say what you will about ME, but this is how you start a space opera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a27IdajHUU

That's ... Actually cinematic, masterfully synchronized music, fantastic voice acting and great pacing. Andromeda has... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_wFVfDxJQ

Well, it has a gruff narrator. Idunno. Is it just nostalgia speaking?

• Like 1

Getting random bugs in ME:A. Got stuck in a room in the ship but reloading fixed it and now I'm unable to use my scanner and I'm not sure how to fix that since reloading hasn't fixed that. Other than that the animations are really wonky and I think something is wrong with my character's eyes. Still, I'm enjoying it so far and hope to be able to finish up my last 3 hours.

PS the UI is terrible

Edited by ShadySands

I quite literally fell asleep after 30 minutes of ME: Andromeda. Say what you will about ME, but this is how you start a space opera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a27IdajHUU

That's ... Actually cinematic, masterfully synchronized music, fantastic voice acting and great pacing. Andromeda has... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_wFVfDxJQ

Well, it has a gruff narrator. Idunno. Is it just nostalgia speaking?

Mass Effect 1 did a lot of things right.  The story, the characters, the pacing, etc.  The only painful part of ME1 is the boring MAKO exploration on empty worlds.

It's almost like BioWare then decided to remove the stuff they did right, and do more of the stuff they did wrong, by ME3.  I hope ME:A isn't continuing that trend.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah this game don't have Ansel support yet either. That means no cool screenshots

How are the face animations?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The only painful part of ME1 is the boring MAKO exploration on empty worlds.

And the inventory and the weapon loot that made you switch your weapons every 10 minutes.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been playing Torment for about 5 hours now. I am enjoying it, a very faithful spiritual sequel to Planescape: Torment. If you enjoyed that game than you'll probably like this as well.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

And the inventory and the weapon loot that made you switch your weapons every 10 minutes.

Yeah, actually, ME1 did a few things wrong...and some of the things that got close to being really cool (like the MAKO exploration), they really did quite lazily, making it a bit of a pain.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I thought both were kind of tedious, but I didn't find them painful or boring.  The exploration, however, was both, IMO.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To be honest, i don't even remember anything with the mako. But in the next game we got that hoover tank and suddenly got jumping platform scenes and crap. Wasn't much better, imo.

I agree, I don't understand the complaints with the mako since that damn hover thingie was actually 10x more painful to navigate.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

To be honest, i don't even remember anything with the mako. But in the next game we got that hoover tank and suddenly got jumping platform scenes and crap. Wasn't much better, imo.

I agree, I don't understand the complaints with the mako since that damn hover thingie was actually 10x more painful to navigate.

Something being worse than something that sucks doesn't mean the original thing didn't suck.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

That damn hover thing didn't even show up until DLC. The Mako was necessary for the main game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

More Horizon: Zero Dawn.  I've got 4 of the 5 power cells needed to access that special armor in that bunker.

Of course, the armor will do me very little good at this point since I'm pretty much at the end of the story and have no side missions left.  So I'll be the most powerful person on the map with nothing to do.

Aww yeah, another elusive target has popped up in HITMAN.  Time for me to put my master assassin shoes on and...

...most likely fail horribly.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eh, I got the first.. 5 or 6 elusive targets but now can't stir the interest to actually go back.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Eh, I got the first.. 5 or 6 elusive targets but now can't stir the interest to actually go back.

I might tire of them eventually, but I'm still relatively new to the game, this is only the second one I've had the chance at.  One advantage I have over the previous target is that at that time I hadn't even played the level the targets were in previous to attempting the elusive target.  Now, having completed the story arc, I've played all the levels, so at least I have knowledge of the layout of the level and general placement of different kinds of staff, guards, etc.  I think before I try the elusive target I will run through an escalation or two in that same level as a refresher.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I ranted on Mad Max being repetitive, but... It's actually really fun. Can't stop playing it. Especially now that I just need a game to wind down as opposed to one to focus on.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Nier Automata, buyer beware I had major freezes where I had to restart my PC. I just refunded this game,  if I have to wait for a game to be playable I might as well get it from the bargain bin or wait until it's cracked.  Shame though, since it seemed to be a fun game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Modded Skyrim, final fantasy 10 remastered, and killing floor 2.

I forgot how good FFX was, I hated the linear exploration but not much time to play, keeps me from getting distracted.

Final Fantasy X got remastered?! *goes to check it out*