Politics 2016

Wrath of Dagon

I think you should have taken a page from sports gaming naming conventions when coming up with the title for this thread.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm not sure what you mean by that, you're welcome to change it if you think it's unsuitable, if you can.

"Politics 2017"

It is, of course, ok as is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You know that one movie, the one that seems like it's always on every time you turn on the TV? You've seen it at least a hundred times and even liked it for the first fifty or so but now you are just tired of it? But you still catch yourself watching it even though you really don't want to? Yeah... you all know that feeling. I just got it when I signed on the WOT board and saw a new political thread. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I see it as the COD of forum threads

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I got to thinking about Donald Trumps provocative tweets today. If had my hands on an IBM Watson and could train it to interpret Trump's stock market impacting tweets, I could then have it make quick market futures investments on the impacted stocks. It could make me a fortune, and hey, it's all legal because it's public knowledge. Amiright? :cat:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

WWE Hall of Famer Donald J Trump appoints WWE co-owner Linda McMahon as small business secretary or something. I guess there are no hard feelings from when Trump shaved her husband's hair or from when a WWE employee brutally assaulted Trump on live TV with no repercussions. If only he'd taken my advice and gone for Terry Bollea as vice president as well.

• Like 1

One of my heroes. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

See you in the stars, space cowboy. You were the archetype, along with Gagarin, of what every boy dreamed about being an astronaut :(

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

President-elect Donald Trump is weighing naming as Food and Drug Administration commissioner a staunch libertarian who has called for eliminating the agency’s mandate to determine whether new medicines are effective before approving them for sale.

“Let people start using them, at their own risk,” the candidate, Jim O’Neill, said in a 2014 speech to a biotech group.

O’Neill has also called for paying organ donors and setting up libertarian societies at sea — and has said he was surprised to discover that FDA regulators actually enjoy science and like working to fight disease.

O’Neill has also said that organ donors should be allowed to be paid. “There are plenty of healthy spare kidneys walking around, unused,” he said in a speech at a 2009 Seasteading conference.

source

I for one look forward to being an organbag in our upcoming Bioshock cyberpunk dystopia.
  • Like 1

Ah yes the "**** you I got mine" kind of libertarian. Wastes of life.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can't wait for choice rhetoric to enter the organ harvesting market.

"Umm, did you just shame this homeless poc for selling their liver and both their feet so they could afford a sandwich?

How dare yuo. Feminism is about choice. Hold on I think I hear someone shaming a sweatshop worker"

• Like 1

I don't know a ton about it either, but I believe giving up a kidney is a very serious deal.  It's not nearly as simple as giving up sperm.  Eggs are also a somewhat risky thing to give up, although not on the life threatening scale of a kidney.  That being said, I don't have much of a problem with someone getting paid.  But how is this going to be handled insurance-wise?  Are taxpayers going to be on the hook when some desperate for cash guy sells his kidney, blows it on terrible stuff, and ends up in the hospital with major health problems?

I also just don't trust the medical industry with turning it into a more of a for profit business.  It's already a mess. 

• Like 3

Another brick in the wall: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-the-law-already-allows-donald-trump-to-build-the-wall/article/2609082?platform=hootsuite

"Secretary Jeh Johnson told the Senate that 1,300 miles of the border, or 66.5 percent, have no fencing at all; 299.8 miles, or 15.3 percent, have vehicle fence; 316.6 miles, or 16.2 percent, have pedestrian fence, and 36.3 miles, or 2 percent, have double-layer fencing. Johnson also said there is no work being done on any additional fencing."

Establishment lies notwithstanding, there are only 36.3 miles of secure fencing on the border currently.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Can't wait for choice rhetoric to enter the organ harvesting market."Umm, did you just shame this homeless poc for selling their liver and both their feet so they could afford a sandwich?How dare yuo. Feminism is about choice. Hold on I think I hear someone shaming a sweatshop worker"

The op-eds proclaiming how empowering it is to have your organs as a commodity will be interesting to say the least.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Can't wait for choice rhetoric to enter the organ harvesting market."Umm, did you just shame this homeless poc for selling their liver and both their feet so they could afford a sandwich?How dare yuo. Feminism is about choice. Hold on I think I hear someone shaming a sweatshop worker"

The op-eds proclaiming how empowering it is to have your organs as a commodity will be interesting to say the least.

"When i sold one of my lungs to someone else, i didn't remove a part of myself, i enriched the life of someone less priviledged than me and so you should you".

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy