Theories on the masked sith guy!

There is one question that had plagued me since the first person mentioned it awhile ago, What made you think that the MSG is related or in someway connected to the WHC? I do realize that the only real pict we have of the MSG is taken with him battling the WHC on the wallpaper, but I don't necessarily belive that she would even know the person let alone have some type of connection to him. Its possible that (saying the wallper depicts a sceen in the game) they are just battling for one reason or another, who knows maybe the PC is taking care of the dark jedi just out of sight. I think it would be too much of a plot twist that he would have some type of connection to the WHC.

I thought they may be connected by the fact that on the KotOR site, the pic of the MSG and the WHC, flashed from one to the other, and their faces are incredibly similar in shape and details. Take a look for yourself, whether the devs have hidden a secret clue there or I am just reading to much into it remains to be seen ;)

I agree that that is an odd thing to have without some type of meaning behind it, when I first saw it I thought that it was showing the fall/ redemtion of the PC. But then I found out the WHC was not the PC so that kinda ruled that out (not to mention the MSG is a guy). I agree that it could be possible that they could know one another since we have no info on either one of them yet. I do think its more possible that they don't know one another and that both the morphing pict and the wallpaper are just to represent the battle between the lightside and darkside as well as the possibility of the fall/redemption of all the party members.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

There is one question that had plagued me since the first person mentioned it awhile ago, What made you think that the MSG is related or in someway connected to the WHC?

It's just speculation-fever; no one's giving stark logical reasoning, we're just coming up with possibilities.

Though an exact answer to your question is I believe that knowing how much Kotor was indebted to the Original Trilogy, speculation-makers are looking for more parallelisms -and what better theme than the Vader-Luke relationship to muse upon? Especially since it has been mentioned that the game will have a tESB-like feel to it.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

There is one question that had plagued me since the first person mentioned it awhile ago, What made you think that the MSG is related or in someway connected to the WHC?

It's just speculation-fever; no one's giving stark logical reasoning, we're just coming up with possibilities.

Though an exact answer to your question is I believe that knowing how much Kotor was indebted to the Original Trilogy, speculation-makers are looking for more parallelisms -and what better theme than the Vader-Luke relationship to muse upon? Especially since it has been mentioned that the game will have a tESB-like feel to it.

Exactly, I mean with so little to go on the obvious choice to speculate on is parallelisms. But don't take my word for it, listen to Master Dorak "Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it, or so they say" :p maybe they didnt listen to him :p

p.s. oops this is the history isnt it :) Knights of the OLD Republic :D

Some WHC-MaskedGuy theories:

-tMG may be the WHC's former Jedi master or father (the latter less likely though)

Haven't we been over this point b4! post-1139-1093465557.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

ok cool I was just wondering, and to be honest your reasoning does kinda make sense. But I would think it would be easier to draw that type of simatry with the PC and MSG rather than WHC and MSG.

I was thinking of another theory for the MSG:

Maybe he was a friend of the PC during the mandalorian war and when the PC returned to republic space after the war the MSG felt betrayed by the fact that the PC would turn his/her back on Revan and Malak in order to return to the outdated Jedi. While the PC was in exile for war crimes the MSG was trained by Revan and eventually took the title of sith lord of assassin's (saying he is an assassin).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I think this topic is best left unknown and will hopefully stay that way.  That is until winter.

perhaps but to be honest who does it hurt when we speculate on the back story of the MSG?

AscendedPaladin.png

My theory is that he was part of a group of sith loyal to Revan and tried to stop Malak from taking control after Revan was supposedly killed. Malak has them exiled to some far away planet where they plot revenge. They hear news of Revan's return and some how find a way to get back. When they return they find Malak dead, Revan gone, and the republic nearly destroyed. The masked sith then takes over.

That way you could have Revan play a role in the plot as well.

I think this topic is best left unknown and will hopefully stay that way.  That is until winter.

perhaps but to be honest who does it hurt when we speculate on the back story of the MSG?

Yeah, I mean while people are running around chasing a mystery woman called "Atris," Obsidian has mothered a (evil) child. Would it kill people to acknowledge the Masked Sith boy exists? :)

Maybe the masked sith guy is Darth Sion.....think about it, if you where that ugly would you want to go out in public without a mask??

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Yeah, I mean while people are running around chasing a mystery woman called "Atris," Obsidian has mothered a (evil) child. Would it kill people to acknowledge the Masked Sith boy exists? :)

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with speculation. All I'm saying is that I myself do not want to know. All I have to say about the "Masked Sith Guy" is that he....OR she....is 100% cooler looking than the then the other bad guy (can't recall his name). It looks like they are trying to make him look too evil. Sion... Thats a different post for a different topic.

I was struck with a thought, remember how in KotOR, Revan's memories were seeping back? What if at the end of KotOR he got 'em all back, and whether he (she?) became good or fell back to evil, would remember why he turned bad in the first place.

I mean all we saw was bits and pieces of him discovering about the Rakatan (sp?) and their technology, but I doubt that alone would have been sufficient to corrupt him to the Dark Side. There was likely something else involved. Maybe the Sith Lords have some relation to what turned him.

In fact it would be kind of cool if Darth Revan is the reason why Sion is the way he is (I can't seem to shake the notion that it was Revan who took Malak's jaw - simply because Revan as Darth Revan was one vicious b@$t@rd! :p ).

I just don't believe that the lure of the Star Forge was what pushed Revan over. Remember at the time of the discovery he assumed it was just an uber war factory that could churn out war machines continuously and indefinitely. It was Malak who unlocked the key (although all I have to go on is what Malak says cause my PC certainly doesn't remember that! :o ).

Presumably Revan was trained as a Jedi since birth, and passed the trials, which are indicators that he is probably as far from the definition of "weak-willed" as possible. And even a taste of the Dark Side would be unlikely to affect him. He would have had to willingly "... embrace the Dark Side for it to dominate his destiny" (seemingly).

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that Revan's flashbacks in KotOR seemed to simply record the journey down the Dark path, not the reason for him to start it.

I'm hoping KotOR 2 will come back full circle and show us why he did the things he did, not just how and where. Cause I look back at my PC, then I look at Darth Revan, and they are two completely different characters. Where Revan strove for control, my PC would struggle for understanding. Where he gave in to impulse, my PC would strive for restraint. The times he would most likely show scorn and contempt, my PC would have expressed compassion. Where he would carry himself with pride, my PC would have carried himself with humility.

I noted the same divergence in characters in Planescape:Torment (finally finished it after tearing myself away from Neverwinter Nights, and I have to admit, PS' story completely blows away every other RPG out there - at least the one's that use the amnesia gimmick). I remember that skull dude ... Morte? - I always wondered if that was short for Mortimer - ... commenting on the contrasts between my current and past incarnations. I also remember talking to the good dude and thinking his reason for being was something I could strongly relate with.

Anywho, back to KotOR, I recall that same feeling that I got with PS just after the Leviathan sequence and Mission saying something to a similar effect. And I remember thinking, "damn, these guys just instantly grew on me ;) (I mean I liked 'em before, but now they're like a virtual family ... umm... pun unintended? :blink: ), I'm gonna be seriously pissed :angry: if any of them gets KOed on my watch."

That brings up another issue. I can't for the life of me figure out why my character would have sat out in the outer reaches of the galaxy while a massive war raged. My dude would have jumped right in and did what he could to help (even if it was just little things like jumping in front of a Mandalorian/Sith and deflecting blaster bolts away from defenseless individuals B) ). Hopefully during the course of KotOR 2 a satisfactory (I'll even settle for viable if that's the best they can come up with <_< ) explanation as to that particular occurrence.

speaking off wookies, were there ever any wookie sith?

Darth Sion is actually a shaved wookiee.

Cheers!

lol ;)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

As far as MSG, I refuse to entertain any theories, I don't wanna know yet!

I don't mean to be an arse or anything but I must ask, if you and others don't want to know any theories right now then why visit this thread when there is others that are not about this subject? just curious thats all.

AscendedPaladin.png

Cheers!

hmmm..... could be..... but hey maybe he is a frankinstien (sp?), maybe he is a force ghost who came accross some blown up bodies and used his emense force powers to take those peices and bring them together to form a new body for himself. That could explain why he is so hard to kill because he is already dead.

As for there ever being a wookie sith/jedi I think it would be interesting to see that, I mean they are strong and certainly not stupid so it could be to see a wookie sith lord or a wookie jedi weapons master.

AscendedPaladin.png

Cheers!

:D :D :D

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Well i know there is that wookie jedi in EU, his name eludes me at the moment something like lumpwarump or lowbacca or uhhhhhh..... well it's like that............

its lowbacca hes in the young jedi knights books. hes chewies nephew and a friend of jacen and jaina solo.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together