The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

Climate change is a topic that shows how information overload can make information obscure and how people can't comprehend all the information that they get and usually seek somebody that gives shorter, simpler and straightforward answers. It is topic where people have hard time to tell what is false and what is truth, which is why conversations of said topic are usually more based people precognitive notions about subject than actual facts and studies. And where people's opinions about subject seem to be on same line as scientific studies about subject. It is probably subject where I see even people appeal to authority even in circles that should be experts. In short climate change topic in my opinion is excellent example how too much information, especially badly structured and presented information can make that information meaningless and leaving people on mercy of lobbyists.

The problem there isn't specifically too much information though, it's people cherry picking only information that fits their preconceived positions or not being equipped to filter it. Either can and does happen even when there isn't huge amounts of information. People who lack time or critical faculties can always go to a news site to get a filtered appraisal anyway, doesn't mean that that should be the only option for any complicated subject.

And you have to ask what the alternative is. I'd far rather have too much information than too little, and the idea of having someone deciding the Goldilocks Zone of information for me does not appeal. I don't really want Fox News or CNN deciding which emails are relevant or whether climate change exists because I know perfectly well what their positions will be irrespective of what reality actually is.

Climate change is a topic that shows how information overload can make information obscure and how people can't comprehend all the information that they get and usually seek somebody that gives shorter, simpler and straightforward answers. It is topic where people have hard time to tell what is false and what is truth, which is why conversations of said topic are usually more based people precognitive notions about subject than actual facts and studies. And where people's opinions about subject seem to be on same line as scientific studies about subject. It is probably subject where I see even people appeal to authority even in circles that should be experts. In short climate change topic in my opinion is excellent example how too much information, especially badly structured and presented information can make that information meaningless and leaving people on mercy of lobbyists.

The problem there isn't specifically too much information though, it's people cherry picking only information that fits their preconceived positions or not being equipped to filter it. Either can and does happen even when there isn't huge amounts of information. People who lack time or critical faculties can always go to a news site to get a filtered appraisal anyway, doesn't mean that that should be the only option for any complicated subject.

And you have to ask what the alternative is. I'd far rather have too much information than too little, and the idea of having someone deciding the Goldilocks Zone of information for me does not appeal. I don't really want Fox News or CNN deciding which emails are relevant or whether climate change exists because I know perfectly well what their positions will be irrespective of what reality actually is.

Cherry picking is possible when there is so much information that person can't reasonably spent enough time to internalize it themselves, so they turn to somebody else that has that time and they trust will tell them what that information contained. Which usually means that there is high change that they will get only parts of information that fits their preconceived positions about subject which makes them more likely ignore any information from other sources that goes against what their trusted sources say.

Meaning that we are currently living scenario that you speak about, where Fox News, CNN etc. instances decide what emails are relevant and whether climate change exist, because most people don't themselves have time, resources, knowledge, and energy to look these subjects so they will listen somebody that they think will tell them "the most important details" about those things.

Although locking away the information is not the solution, but I don't think that how things current run is way to go either. I don't also have comprehensive solution give out. But I would recommend that people don't only trust singular source or sources that all game from same origin, but instead look wider range of sources. Also people should avoid just following someone else's ideas if they don't understand and agree with them. "Citizens have an obligation to become informed about public issues, to watch carefully how their political leaders and representatives use their powers, and to express their own opinions and interests." - Larry Diamond

Trump is a Clinton plant who says some dumb **** for the media to swarm over everytime her poll numbers go down or a leak happens.

There's a Malcolm X(triggering I know) quote about 1964 that is relevant to this situation.

"if Johnson had been running all by himself, he would have not been acceptable to anyone. The only thing that made him acceptable to the world was that the shrewd capitalists, the shrewd imperialists, knew that the only way people would run toward the fox would be if you showed them a wolf. So they created a ghastly alternative. And it as the whole world-including people who call themselves Marxists-hoping that Johnson would beat Goldwater."

Now down some whiskey and accept that we're all ****ed and voting won't change anything.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Trump is a Clinton plant who says some dumb **** for the media to swarm over everytime her poll numbers go down or a leak happens.

There's a Malcolm X(triggering I know) quote about 1964 that is relevant to this situation.

"if Johnson had been running all by himself, he would have not been acceptable to anyone. The only thing that made him acceptable to the world was that the shrewd capitalists, the shrewd imperialists, knew that the only way people would run toward the fox would be if you showed them a wolf. So they created a ghastly alternative. And it as the whole world-including people who call themselves Marxists-hoping that Johnson would beat Goldwater."

Now down some whiskey and accept that we're all ****ed and voting won't change anything.

Now we're back fun-time pondering! What's in for Trump to run and deliberately lose? What will he gain?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trump TV.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Trump TV.

I love these kinds of alternative theories. Please elaborate: How could his family support support him for fooling all of the american people, are they also in on it? Or is he such a tyrant that they are afraid of him? What if the plan fails and he becomes elected?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trump TV.

I love these kinds of alternative theories. Please elaborate: How could his family support support him for fooling all of the american people, are they also in on it? Or is he such a tyrant that they are afraid of him? What if the plan fails and he becomes elected?

You guys are giving Donald Trump too much credit.    The one thing we've learned from his presidential run is that he is actually a yuge moron with short attention span, (which was a surprise to me.)   I did not know he is so stupid.    He does not seem like the kind of person who thinks too far ahead or thinks things through.

Edited by ktchong

Now we're back fun-time pondering! What's in for Trump to run and deliberately lose? What will he gain?

Lets go in conspiracy rabbit hole and presume that conspiracy theorists are right

Then there would be several things that Trump would gain by losing purposefully

First he would have corrupt president that is willing to use her office to help her friend in office

Clinton already has big part of governmental official in her pocket.

Trump is facing criminal charges and tax fraud charges etc. and he wants them to go away

Trump will get direct line to White House and influence its decision without needing to sacrifice his businesses like he would need in case that he becomes president.

Presidential campaign has again made Trump relevant which is probably good for his reality tv shows.

and so on. 

Lets go in conspiracy rabbit hole and presume that conspiracy theorists are right

Then there would be several things that Trump would gain by losing purposefully

First he would have corrupt president that is willing to use her office to help her friend in office

Clinton already has big part of governmental official in her pocket.

Trump is facing criminal charges and tax fraud charges etc. and he wants them to go away

Trump will get direct line to White House and influence its decision without needing to sacrifice his businesses like he would need in case that he becomes president.

Presidential campaign has again made Trump relevant which is probably good for his reality tv shows.

and so on. 

That's an interesting theory as it establishes a possible motive, but why run for president then if he can just donate more through the Clinton Foundation?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Trump TV.

What conspiracy theory? It's been rumored for months that Trump insiders have been pitching around for sort of news network. Whether that's a new Fox News, or a new Breitbart I have no idea. I don't see what his family has to do with it, but now that you mention fear, I thought this was interesting when I saw it the other day:

https://www.facebook.com/scottmelker/posts/10154800337414739

As many of you know, I attended the University of Pennsylvania with Donald Trump Jr. I feel compelled to share this story before the election, in the hopes that it will shed a bit of light on the kind of person that Donald Trump is, and the kind of son that he raised.

I was hanging out in a freshman dorm with some friends, next door to Donald Jr.'s room. I walked out of the room to find Donald Trump at his son's door, there to pick him up for a baseball game. There were quite a few students standing around watching, trying to catch a glimpse of the famed real estate magnate. Don Jr. opened the door, wearing a Yankee jersey. Without saying a word, his father slapped him across the face, knocking him to the floor in front of all of his classmates. He simply said "put on a suit and meet me outside," and closed the door.

Donald Jr. was a drunk in college. Every memory I have of him is of him stumbling around campus falling over or passing out in public, with his arm in a sling from injuring himself while drinking. He absolutely despised his father, and hated the attention that his last name afforded him. His nickname was "Diaper Don," because of his tendency to fall asleep drunk in other people's beds and urinate. I always felt terrible for him.

I am voting for Hillary Clinton for a number of reasons, her opponent notwithstanding. However, in light of what I saw that day, it is clear to me that Donald Trump lacks the temperament and basic social decency to run our country.

It certainly would dovetail nicely with the weird relationship appears to have had with his dad.

Heja Sverige!!

The guys at Stratfor seems to be joke about assassinations:

Sean Noonan wrote:

hillary killed ron brown?

what about ron browz?

The answer:

I had never heard that, I thought Vince Foster was the only person the
Clinton's killed. How naive I was.

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/16/1643150_re-analytical-and-intelligence-comments-polish-plane-crash-.html

Ron Brown was found dead in a plane crash with a hole in his head, giving fuel to the idea that was shot(?!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Brown_(U.S._politician)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Trump TV.

What conspiracy theory? It's been rumored for months that Trump insiders have been pitching around for sort of news network. Whether that's a new Fox News, or a new Breitbart I have no idea. I don't see what his family has to do with it, but now that you mention fear, I thought this was interesting when I saw it the other day:

As many of you know, I attended the University of Pennsylvania with Donald Trump Jr. I feel compelled to share this story before the election, in the hopes that it will shed a bit of light on the kind of person that Donald Trump is, and the kind of son that he raised.

I was hanging out in a freshman dorm with some friends, next door to Donald Jr.'s room. I walked out of the room to find Donald Trump at his son's door, there to pick him up for a baseball game. There were quite a few students standing around watching, trying to catch a glimpse of the famed real estate magnate. Don Jr. opened the door, wearing a Yankee jersey. Without saying a word, his father slapped him across the face, knocking him to the floor in front of all of his classmates. He simply said "put on a suit and meet me outside," and closed the door.

Donald Jr. was a drunk in college. Every memory I have of him is of him stumbling around campus falling over or passing out in public, with his arm in a sling from injuring himself while drinking. He absolutely despised his father, and hated the attention that his last name afforded him. His nickname was "Diaper Don," because of his tendency to fall asleep drunk in other people's beds and urinate. I always felt terrible for him.

I am voting for Hillary Clinton for a number of reasons, her opponent notwithstanding. However, in light of what I saw that day, it is clear to me that Donald Trump lacks the temperament and basic social decency to run our country.

It certainly would dovetail nicely with the weird relationship appears to have had with his dad.

I didn't say conspiracy theory, you did. Anyways, so you are suggesting that he is a tyrant whose family supporting him out of fear, according by a friend of one of his children. It needs more bite though to be juicy, i am thinking in the veins of the following:

In his youth, Frederick was more interested in music and philosophy than the art of war. He defied his authoritarian father, Frederick William I, and sought to run away with his close friend Hans Hermann von Katte. They were caught at the border and King Frederick William I nearly executed his son for desertion. After being pardoned, he was forced to watch the official beheading of Hans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_the_Great

Now that's hardcore made out of legends.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The Clintons have a very long list of dead associates. Longer than any other President of politician I've ever heard of. Now many of them there isn't much mystery in how they died and it's only remarkable in that they were associated with or in opposition to either or both Clintons. But there are a hell of a lot of unsolved murders and suspicious suicides on that list.

Just google the word "Arkancide".

And then there is this: http://www.inquisitr.com/3390706/victor-thorn-suicide-of-anti-clinton-researcher-with-anti-semitic-past-prompts-conspiracy-theories-video/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Trump TV.

I didn't say conspiracy theory, you did. Anyways, so you are suggesting that he is a tyrant whose family supporting him out of fear, according by a friend of one of his children. It needs more bite though to be juicy, i am thinking in the veins of the following:

In his youth, Frederick was more interested in music and philosophy than the art of war. He defied his authoritarian father, Frederick William I, and sought to run away with his close friend Hans Hermann von Katte. They were caught at the border and King Frederick William I nearly executed his son for desertion. After being pardoned, he was forced to watch the official beheading of Hans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_the_Great

Now that's hardcore made out of legends.

Yeah, sorry about the conspiracy theory bit. I'm not suggesting he is a tyrant, necessarily. It's that there goes a long way between showing a united public family front during the campaign, and that he depends on his family's permission to do whatever he wants.

I was trying to find that bit of interview where Trump is asked what his dad would think of his bid to be President. I couldn't find it, but his reply was insanely weird. Trump replied that his dad would allow it. In any case I'm sure Fred must have big quota of responsibility for what his son turned out to be.

@Guard Dog: On the subject of "death lists":

http://www.nachumlist.com/deadpool.htm

http://www.georgewalkerbush.net/bushdeathlist.htm

Heja Sverige!!

Now this is conspiracy theory-levels of fun!

RSDcQ0T.jpg

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

-1x-1.jpg

So we're to believe that Clinton is capable of colluding with the majority of media, rigging the DNC, and using Soros to rig the voting machines but unable to convince a friend of hers to play her opposition in a way that would drive waves of people who should hate her to vote for her? But this friend decided to exactly that on his own?

Anyways Trump is 70, his daughter is a close friend of Chelsea, and he's built up a devoted fanbase that would buy gold painted **** from the man. Ivanka and Jared will get some nice contracts(probably after "seeing the error of their ways"), Trump can do his Trump TV and Make TV Great Again for the low price of $9.99 a month, and his other kids will take over his empire while he retires to do whatever he wants.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I'm plagarizing this line from somewhere, but in addition to all the actual evidence regarding the "the Clintons are serial murderers" nonsense, the whole theory falls apart when one considers that Anthony Weiner is still alive. 

• Like 2

I'm plagarizing this line from somewhere, but in addition to all the actual evidence regarding the "the Clintons are serial murderers" nonsense, the whole theory falls apart when one considers that Anthony Weiner is still alive. 

For now. If she wins tomorrow, no harm no foul. If she loses..... he'll be found dead of a heroin OD in the bed of an underage hooker. She'll be dead to because the Clintons don't like loose ends! :lol:

Kidding of course

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In other news: http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/election-chaos-fears-have-preppers-stockpiling-survival-food-n678161

I've got a 3 month supply myself. I will need to stock up on dog food though. I should go to Pet Smart today.

Thomas Sowell

How do the logistics work by the way? If, say 10 years later, Trumpian holocaust still hasn't come, have you been eating food by expiration date for several years? Do you keep an organized roll-in/roll-out of food every day? Every weekend you take out the food from storage that's closest to expiring, while buying food to replace that? Do you eat fresh food?

Heja Sverige!!

Yep, and that's the crux of the matter. They're real documents and emails, and there's never been a serious effort to discredit WL information as being false or altered, all the effort has gone into obfuscation rather than denial. If they were false that would be the defence, and it would be a complete one that would discredit WL far more than any amount of neo Red Scare McCarthyism and claims of bias could.

I think it is fair to point out, it'd be impossible to prove the emails were fake.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

-1x-1.jpg

So we're to believe that Clinton is capable of colluding with the majority of media, rigging the DNC, and using Soros to rig the voting machines but unable to convince a friend of hers to play her opposition in a way that would drive waves of people who should hate her to vote for her? But this friend decided to exactly that on his own?

Anyways Trump is 70, his daughter is a close friend of Chelsea, and he's built up a devoted fanbase that would buy gold painted **** from the man. Ivanka and Jared will get some nice contracts(probably after "seeing the error of their ways"), Trump can do his Trump TV and Make TV Great Again for the low price of $9.99 a month, and his other kids will take over his empire while he retires to do whatever he wants.

Clinton personally doesn't collude much, electionwise, from having fundraising with and hanging around people from the big club, Soros included. Judging from the emails, it's DNC and the media who are doing the colluding with each other, Podesta and DWS being frustrated that Bernie isn't following protocol and attacking Hillary on matters that he shouldn't, and being bitter on how he can't make her more relatable to the potential voters.

Since Trump seems to be running quite a tight ship on leaks, except for Mannafort, i cannot find any strange coincidences except for the DNC betting on him, Cruz and Carlsson being initially planned to be pushed to an extreme wing of the republican party which would split the it with the "real" candidates like Jeb! and Rubio having to distance themselves from in order to be seem as electible. It looks more like he is the dark horse that they thought that they could control, as seen on the picture you provided from his wedding.

//Edit: I do believe that the "spiritual cooking" and the other degenerate stuff is real, embaressing and should be pushed as much as possible. These people are so bored at being at power that they engage in debauchery, breaking taboos so that i wouldn't be surprised that they are connected in child traficking and satanic larping.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

//Edit: I do believe that the "spiritual cooking" and the other degenerate stuff is real, embaressing and should be pushed as much as possible. These people are so bored at being at power that they engage in debauchery, breaking taboos so that i wouldn't be surprised that they are connected in child traficking and satanic larping.

You champion of art and freedom, you.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

You champion of art and freedom, you.

lulwut

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy