What You Did Today

Gorth

Wrecked my car yesterday, still owe a ton on it, don't know how I will pay for a new one... :sigh: yaaay :(

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sorry to hear that

Insurance isn't covering it?

they are but they consider it totaled out which won't cover the entire debt I owe on it (probably, nobody has talked numbers yet)

http://imgur.com/4TPHyoL

http://imgur.com/GN5PY1S

http://imgur.com/S9BdPkG

Edited by Calax

Sorry to hear that Calax.  It looks wet out, can you at least blame the weather somewhat?

it was more unfamiliar city and different traffic patterns that did me in.

Wrecked my car yesterday, still owe a ton on it, don't know how I will pay for a new one... :sigh: yaaay :(

I saw the pics on Facebook. At least you are ok.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Sorry to hear that

Insurance isn't covering it?

they are but they consider it totaled out which won't cover the entire debt I owe on it (probably, nobody has talked numbers yet)

http://imgur.com/4TPHyoL

http://imgur.com/GN5PY1S

http://imgur.com/S9BdPkG

by the look of the pics, i'd say a good repair shop could have it looking like new in about a week (if the parts are readily available)... calling it totaled is ridiculous!

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

You were'nt injured in any way I hope?

What happened, if I may be so rude as to poke my nose where it doesn't belong?

by the look of the pics, i'd say a good repair shop could have it looking like new in about a week (if the parts are readily available)... calling it totaled is ridiculous!

No, that's going to be alot of work, the chassis is going to be bent and straightening that out is going to be a nightmare. Not to mention that you're going to have to change just about every part in the engine bay. That front has been pushed in atleast 30-40cm's it looks like.

Would've been doable on an old car that does'nt have a monocoque construction with advanced crumple zones.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

the chassis is going to be bent and straightening that out is going to be a nightmare.

I agree. Quite a few years ago I had someone ran up the back of me. Fortunately for me he braked just before he hit me and his front went down and the front of his car went under my car.. Smashed his front good and proper just like Calax's car. While you couldn't see any visible damage (except for the bent muffler and a few scratches that already looked like they were there before) on my car, the chassis internally at the back was bent out of shape.

When I took the car to the other driver's insurance company to be assessed, it cost nearly a couple of thousand to be repaired. To the visible eye I didn't notice it but the assessor showed me where it was bent out of shape. I thought it was no big deal, however, a bent chassis is a big deal.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Hilarious dream, not sure what the hell spawned it, but was essentially as if I were in a buggy RPG. Trying to walk some old man to a chamber but then the evil overlord (my boss I assume) was stuck running into a wall nearby, then did that scene over in my head but some guy who was I guess to ambush me came out too early. At least this all woke me up early with the absurdity of it all.

Even my dreams are buggy.

Have you tried updating the neurons? That often helps... However under no circumstances try to plug it in. Never works... I fried my brain that way. Although it isn't that big of a loss... Very cheap quality Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I agree. Quite a few years ago I had someone ran up the back of me. Fortunately for me he braked just before he hit me and his front went down and the front of his car went under my car.. Smashed his front good and proper just like Calax's car. While you couldn't see any visible damage (except for the bent muffler and a few scratches that already looked like they were there before) on my car, the chassis internally at the back was bent out of shape.

When I took the car to the other driver's insurance company to be assessed, it cost nearly a couple of thousand to be repaired. To the visible eye I didn't notice it but the assessor showed me where it was bent out of shape. I thought it was no big deal, however, bent chassis are a big deal.

Yeah, it's a pretty big part :p

The forces involved, even in low speed crashes, are pretty massive. And even if you do something such as lift your car in the wrong place with a jack you can bend the chassis badly.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I agree. Quite a few years ago I had someone ran up the back of me. Fortunately for me he braked just before he hit me and his front went down and the front of his car went under my car.. Smashed his front good and proper just like Calax's car. While you couldn't see any visible damage (except for the bent muffler and a few scratches that already looked like they were there before) on my car, the chassis internally at the back was bent out of shape.

When I took the car to the other driver's insurance company to be assessed, it cost nearly a couple of thousand to be repaired. To the visible eye I didn't notice it but the assessor showed me where it was bent out of shape. I thought it was no big deal, however, bent chassis are a big deal.

Yeah, it's a pretty big part :p

The forces involved, even in low speed crashes, are pretty massive. And even if you do something such as lift your car in the wrong place with a jack you can bend the chassis badly.

I don't recall saying that

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Ran up the rear of someone? Tthe white car to the right in the first photo with the door open? Not sure how the car ended up on the footpath.

Technically it was more of a tbone. I am on the path because engine died on impact and I had no breaks and kept rolling. Finally had the presence of mind to use the parking break. We are both ok although my chest is still healing

I don't recall saying that

Haha! my bad, I had quoted your joke and tried to add in my own, I must've deleted it and snafud it. :)

Technically it was more of a tbone. I am on the path because engine died on impact and I had no breaks and kept rolling. Finally had the presence of mind to use the parking break. We are both ok although my chest is still healing

I'm glad to hear that you're ok, physically if nothing else. Wish I could help you some way though.

---

Had another day with forced overtime. Funny how much it can **** you up over two days just working one hour extra on a five and a half hour work day. I was completely knackered and was crazy hungry.

Wich is a problem, since one of the people that I drive to work lives next to a Max burger shop, wich meant that when I dropped him off I couldn't stop myself from buying a burger.

Goddamn, that chilicheese. *_*

I've been fishing in Sand Island in Mississippi for the last five days. It was nice. I caught a 28" Wahoo on Sunday. I baked it in aluminum foil with fresh pineapple and sweet peppers under campfire coals and fried the rest with scrambled eggs the next day. It was a great trip. I didn't even turn on the radio the whole time I was out there and only tuned on my phone once. The world isn't such a bad place if you can just get away from the things that make it a bad place for a little while.

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been fishing in Sand Island in Mississippi for the last five days. It was nice. I caught a 28" Wahoo on Sunday. I baked it in aluminum foil with fresh pineapple and sweet peppers under campfire coals and fried the rest with scrambled eggs the next day. It was a great trip. I didn't even turn on the radio the whole time I was out there and only tuned on my phone once. The world isn't such a bad place if you can just get away from the things that make it a bad place for a little while.

Good to have you back....but you  know your true purpose is knee deep in this political swamp we call an election in the USA ...the hopelessness of the whole thing actually inspires us to dream of greatness  :-

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Good to have you back....but you  know your true purpose is knee deep in this political swamp we call an election in the USA ...the hopelessness of the whole thing actually inspires us to dream of greatness  :-

Nope. I wash my hands of that. I've made my arguments. I've donated almost $1k to political campaigns. On November 8th I will cast my vote. And then it's done until 2018.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nope. I wash my hands of that. I've made my arguments. I've donated almost $1k to political campaigns. On November 8th I will cast my vote. And then it's done until 2018.

Do you mean you wont comment anymore in the US political thread? What about other threads that are about the US election?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not much left to say Bruce. Both Trump and Clinton are vile and repugnant human beings who should never be placed in charge of anything. And one of them will be the next President of the United States. My country. That I live in, love, have borne arms in the defense of. How could anyone NOT be depressed by that? I know you are a Clinton supporter, but in all seriousness you do realize by now she is not what anyone would call a good or respectable person. At best she's just not Donald Trump.

Thomas Sowell

Not much left to say Bruce. Both Trump and Clinton are vile and repugnant human beings who should never be placed in charge of anything. And one of them will be the next President of the United States. My country. That I live in, love, have borne arms in the defense of. How could anyone NOT be depressed by that? I know you are a Clinton supporter, but in all seriousness you do realize by now she is not what anyone would call a good or respectable person. At best she's just not Donald Trump.

Oh I definitely agree she is not morally perfect and she has her faults, I agree 100 %

But compared to Trump and his constant disagreeable antics....I would still vote for her if I could 

John Milton 

Trying to decide on how to waste up the 7 vacation days I have left for the year.

Maybe 2 weeks of half days. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trying to decide on how to waste up the 7 vacation days I have left for the year.

Maybe 2 weeks of half days. :lol:

Why dont you go camping? I dont mean you rough it in  a  tent but get a chalet with electricity and hot water but it should be in the wilderness so you feel close to nature 

John Milton