The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

You are correct Zor. Everything released only confirms what everyone already "knew" was going on. Hillary Clinton and her entire staff are irredeemably corrupt and dishonest. Still, there is a difference between "knowing" your wife is cheating on you and seeing the 8x10 glossy the PI took.

And as I said before none of it makes Trump a better candidate than he already was. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

'course so little 'bout this election is having anything to do with the actual qualifications and abilities o' the candidates.

HA! Good Fun!

That's for sure. It it were otherwise we'd have better candidates.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

To me Trump's alleged sexual assaults are the only issue right now. It's simply not acceptable to have someone who did that as president. I can overlook a lot of things, but that's a bridge too far. As I recall, even with Bill Clinton, the assault allegations did not come out until after he was re-elected.

That's very big of you, WoD.  I know we have a lot of disagreements on policies, but I admire that you are sticking to certain principals regardless of party lines.  

I concur with Hurlshot on this one

Its interesting if you consider WOD position. For the last 12 months I have often posted " bombshells "  around Trumps comments and controversial views. I use  to assume in the beginning some of the articles I posted would immediately cause people to not support Trump

As time went on I found people like WOD  disputing some accusations or basically ignoring my concern which is not unexpected in a political debate because most of us become selective in our criticism of our own candidate 

I then just assumed WOD would vote Trump and nothing would change that. These latest sex assult accusations I never even bothered posting because I assumed any Trump supporter would see this as propaganda ...yet this is what seems to have had the greatest impact on WOD view....and I never thought it would matter  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't get excited Bruce. This does not mean he'll vote for Clinton.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

No you right, your assessment is correct. WOD wont vote for Clinton....what will WOD do? Not vote in this case?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No you right, your assessment is correct. WOD wont vote for Clinton....what will WOD do? Not vote in this case?

This election is not a binary choice... it never was. Just because the candidate you are voting for is unlikely to win does not mean a vote for them is wasted. For the Libertarians and the Green there is something to be won besides the White House. And as Hurlshot said, you won't feel dirty after voting 3rd Party this year. And, just because you are voting does mean you HAVE to cast a vote for President. It's ok to leave that one blank of you want and vote on everyone and everything else on the ballot. My sample ballot this year is three pages long with 11 elected office races, three judge retentions, and  seven "ballot resolutions" to be voted on. A voter is not required to cast a vote on every one of them.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

None of this accusers have any credibility beside the foul language in Trump recording.

well, y'know, trump's admission, which were also recorded, tends to lend credibility to the accusers.  ain't the foul language but the admission o' a pattern o' behavior which most folks is pointing to as evidence that trump's accusers is worthy o' consideration.  am not sure what you heard in the recordings, but am thinking you missed the lead.

truth-to-tell, the foul language in the recording likely helps trump.  if all we had were a cold-blooded admission o' sexual assault, w/o the accompanying laughter and foul language being shared by two adult males, the recording would be viewed as more damning rather than less. at least with the language and laughter, trump can argue his admission were in jest.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I agree, both republicans and democrates have heavy handedly used fear mongering tactics this and I'd say the last 3 elections.

Something really needs to change.

Also can someone enlighten me? Why are we in Syria? I've heard it's because Saudia and Co. wants to build an oil pipe line through Syria and with Russia big export is oil, they are against it. USA wants to oust Assad for that reason and Russia wants Assad in to stop that. Any truth to that?

• Like 1

Ha, seems Mr Trump is receiving support from other sources!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE

Personally I think he'd be more drawn to Slaanesh than Khorne, while Mrs Clinton would be beholden to Tzeentsch and possibly Nurgle.

In this case is Mr Johnson Malal approved?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Speaking of unexpected support...

Cu19GbrXYAQmAW5.jpg

Cu2ARTuWYAARc0I.jpg

Cu2ENG7XEAAlPOF.jpg

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

God Bless CNN!

Where would we be without their help?! Those documents are illegal for the average civilian to read, but CNN being the wonderful journalists they are are offering to read them for us! That's so nice and thoughtful of them! Now all of us can go to the election polls prepared with all the correct information neccesary to cast an educated vote!

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

God Bless CNN!

Where would we be without their help?! Those documents are illegal for the average civilian to read, but CNN being the wonderful journalists they are are offering to read them for us! That's so nice and thoughtful of them! Now all of us can go to the election polls prepared with all the correct information neccesary to cast an educated vote!

Trevor was right, sarcasm is the blight of the age.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just can't wait for them to get more ridiculous:

"Does reading the Wikileaks increase your chance of catching the AIDS virus?!? Our sources say yes. Stay tuned with CNN to find out more!"

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So the Ministry of Truth says if you read these e-mails you will go to the Ministry of Love? There is a great line from the Alpha Centauri computer game. "Beware the man who would deny you access to information. For in his heart he deems himself your master".

In other news Gary Johnson rode 70 miles from Taos to Santa Fe and then spoke at a rally once he got there. I'd like to see Clinton or Trump try that. http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/after-bike-trek-johnson-speaks-at-rally-on-plaza/article_058a2a2a-967f-5d53-9bcd-21d32cc16972.html

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Nothing like snark from a paper that glosses over or casts in a better light every negative story about her.

Thomas Sowell

I just can't wait for them to get more ridiculous:

"Does reading the Wikileaks increase your chance of catching the AIDS virus?!? Our sources say yes. Stay tuned with CNN to find out more!"

Maybe one more go then it'll be "hilarious". Certainly can see being involved in communities celebrating Wikileaks being used against someone, or maybe being a big referrer of them. Kind of BS but it is what it is.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To me Trump's alleged sexual assaults are the only issue right now. It's simply not acceptable to have someone who did that as president. I can overlook a lot of things, but that's a bridge too far. As I recall, even with Bill Clinton, the assault allegations did not come out until after he was re-elected.

That's very big of you, WoD.  I know we have a lot of disagreements on policies, but I admire that you are sticking to certain principals regardless of party lines.

I concur with Hurlshot on this one

Its interesting if you consider WOD position. For the last 12 months I have often posted " bombshells "  around Trumps comments and controversial views. I use  to assume in the beginning some of the articles I posted would immediately cause people to not support Trump

As time went on I found people like WOD  disputing some accusations or basically ignoring my concern which is not unexpected in a political debate because most of us become selective in our criticism of our own candidate 

I then just assumed WOD would vote Trump and nothing would change that. These latest sex assult accusations I never even bothered posting because I assumed any Trump supporter would see this as propaganda ...yet this is what seems to have had the greatest impact on WOD view....and I never thought it would matter  :biggrin:

There is a big difference between words and actions.

You do realize that if this is all it takes than Democrats can basically erase any candidate by getting a group of women to accuse him of sexual assault 2-3 weeks before election? It's how Lukashenka acts in Belarus. And media call Trump a dictator while Hillzilla is using dictators tactics?

None of this accusers have any credibility beside the foul language in Trump recording.

It's what Gromnir said, it would be easy to dismiss the accusations as he said/she said political ploy, but Trump's own words condemn him. The burden of proof is now on him to prove he didn't do what he said he did.

God Bless CNN!

If it's illegal for the citizens, it's illegal for the media, there are no special laws for them. Cuomo has always been a tool in more ways than one.

Also I agree with what GD said, you don't have to vote for the national candidates and still vote for the local candidates, who also affect you more directly.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan