The US Election 2016, Part IV

Rosbjerg

I'm curious. Does anyone else here know what the acronyms WSHTF & TEOTWAWKI mean (besides me). Without Googling them!

Might be relevant in a year or two.  :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It was photo shopped. 

By the lizardman conspiracy.

No no no that's just what they WANT you to think

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Keep in mind that he had no idea what a nuclear triad was, and had proposed this approach on how to handle arms reduction negotiations:

At a reception in New York City around 1990, he ran into the U.S. START negotiator, Ambassador Richard Burt. According to Burt, Trump expressed envy of Burt’s position and proceeded to offer advice on how best to cut a “terrific” deal with the Soviets. Trump told Burt to arrive late to the next negotiating session, walk into the room where his fuming counterpart sits waiting impatiently, remain standing and looking down at him, stick his finger into his chest and say “F*** you!”

The past eight years have done quite a lot to exhibit how utterly feeble the Executive branch is in effecting domestic policy, but the one area in which it holds terrifyingly unilateral power is employment of the strategic arsenal. If the Minuteman III and Ohio missile crews are turning keys, they do so under the assumption that PAVE PAWS, Cobra Dane, and Fylingdales is tracking ballistic missile contacts that just cleared the horizon, and not that Rosie O'Donnell is on a goodwill trip in Beijing.

Trump certainly makes for the best argument for nuclear disarmament I've seen in recent years.

Since you bring up the assumptions missile crews operate under, and beyond analysis of the Trump phenomenon itself, I can hardly think of a better time to review the system that would allow someone like him to call a nuclear strike, and that call to go unchallenged by anyone other than the Secretary of Defense (c.f. Harold Hering). Questioning the process under a visibly non-insane president(ial candidate) is going to be much harder.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-biggest-lead-donald-trump-2016-8

Guys, good news

Clinton now has  a massive 15 point lead on Trump  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trump seems to be going down in flames a lot sooner than I expected. The GOP seems to be ready to throw him under the bus, in order to save Republican Congress seats.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Trump seems to be going down in flames a lot sooner than I expected. The GOP seems to be ready to throw him under the bus, in order to save Republican Congress seats.

I dont know about you but I dont feel sorry for Trump.....does this make me a  bad person?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Only if you follow a christian like ethics system.

• Like 1

Heja Sverige!!

I do hope that they do invoke some sort half unknown protocol and disown him and put forward their own candidate, like Kasich. That way people will know that no true dissent is allowed, even if the guy got more votes than any republican candidate in history.

Ron Paul? ****ed

Bernie Sanders? ****ed

Donald Trump? ****ed

Give or take a few years and you guys will experience fire and blood beyond your wildest comprehension all while being smug on your humanities degrees, sipping a latté outside your governmental offices. Don't worry, the guys on whose interest you are working for with all the money, power and connections have already transferred their assets to New Zealand, Malta and other safe havens where they can relax during the storm.

//EDIT: whops, i forgot what i was going to originally post. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc5p5mD08D4&feature=youtu.be

At least they are dropping any pretense now.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The only way to win is not to play the game...

Can't they suspend those elections for a decade or so and see if better candidates show up???

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

10 more years of Obama, and whatever SCOTUS pick he wants? Haha, that would be amazing.

Heja Sverige!!

In other news Gary Johnson/Bill Weld has hit the magic number of 15% in two of the five major polls. In fact Pew Research has them at 22% among the largest voting demographic. If he gets on that debate stage with Donald "Why can't we use nukes" Trump and Hillary "tax them all let God sort them out" Clinton we might have a real horse race. .

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

I do hope that they do invoke some sort half unknown protocol and disown him and put forward their own candidate, like Kasich. That way people will know that no true dissent is allowed, even if the guy got more votes than any republican candidate in history.

Ron Paul? ****ed

Bernie Sanders? ****ed

Donald Trump? ****ed

Give or take a few years and you guys will experience fire and blood beyond your wildest comprehension all while being smug on your humanities degrees, sipping a latté outside your governmental offices. Don't worry, the guys on whose interest you are working for with all the money, power and connections have already transferred their assets to New Zealand, Malta and other safe havens where they can relax during the storm.

This is taken out of context, the " media " like CNN is more supportive of Hilary but there are numerous reasons for this like the fact Trump constantly attacks the media and has been very rude to many journalists

John Milton 

Ron Paul? ****ed

Bernie Sanders? ****ed

Donald Trump? ****ed

This is taken out of context, the " media " like CNN is more supportive of Hilary but there are numerous reasons for this like the fact Trump constantly attacks the media and has been very rude to many journalists

Ah yes. The perfect reason for abandoning the ethics of your profession "He was mean to me". If you dealt with a customer who was rude and difficult would you use information you gained from their IT systems to help their competition? Somehow I think not.

Thomas Sowell

In other news Gary Johnson/Bill Weld has hit the magic number of 15% in two of the five major polls. In fact Pew Research has them at 22% among the largest voting demographic. If he gets on that debate stage with Donald "Why can't we use nukes" Trump and Hillary "tax them all let God sort them out" Clinton we might have a real horse race. .

GD does this  mean the Libertarian party will become a permanent political party and voting option going forward in the USA?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Ron Paul? ****ed

Bernie Sanders? ****ed

Donald Trump? ****ed

Ah yes. The perfect reason for abandoning the ethics of your profession "He was mean to me". If you dealt with a customer who was rude and difficult would you use information you gained from their IT systems to help their competition? Somehow I think not.

Thats an exaggeration of how the media houses like CNN have treated Trump, for example that guy in the video Jake Trapper has a good relationship with Trump and often Trump gives him one on one interviews

But the bias towards Trump IMO is where Trump will say something silly or controversial and its really gets discussed and debated ....and sometimes it just seems excessive 

John Milton 

GD does this  mean the Libertarian party will become a permanent political party and voting option going forward in the USA?

The Libertarian Party has been a permanent party since 1971. The Green Party since 1990. The issue - as I understand it - is that (a) people believe that if you vote for anyone other than Repub/Demo you are wasting your vote (or worse "voting for" whichever one you don't align with politically as a way to scare you into voting for Repub/Demo) and (b) without a certain % of the popular vote in the national election, the Libertarian & Green party presidential candidates don't get automatically on the ballot and have to spend considerable time and money getting their candidates on the ballot instead of promoting themselves to the public.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

KP giving the Secret Service a test of their capabilities at a Clinton rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXdkiaZvTVQ

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Such amazing comments on that. I do lile the one claiming Trump was ready to fight the protester that rushed his stage.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Such amazing comments on that. I do lile the one claiming Trump was ready to fight the protester that rushed his stage.

Reading comments?!! I never took you for the masochistic type.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Anger is a drug.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 more years of Obama, and whatever SCOTUS pick he wants? Haha, that would be amazing.

Maybe they could go through a season or two with no president? You never know, they might like it that way.
  • Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Anger is a drug.

Fair enough.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy