Pokémon GO

ktchong

Well those corporate sponsors are going to give what they are going to give and I'm pretty confident that that number doesn't vary very much on the budget.

It's not like you can save the world by having everyone's walking sponsored. The well is going to run dry. 

Kind of missing the point there.  The more people you get using the app, the more corporate sponsors the app creator is going to be able to attract.  

Look up how freerice.com works if you are still skeptical about this stuff.  I'd imagine it is using the same model and people have dissected that one pretty fully.

I'm suggesting that it's still a zero sum game nomatter who gets the money. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well those corporate sponsors are going to give what they are going to give and I'm pretty confident that that number doesn't vary very much on the budget.

It's not like you can save the world by having everyone's walking sponsored. The well is going to run dry. 

Kind of missing the point there.  The more people you get using the app, the more corporate sponsors the app creator is going to be able to attract.  

Look up how freerice.com works if you are still skeptical about this stuff.  I'd imagine it is using the same model and people have dissected that one pretty fully.

I'm suggesting that it's still a zero sum game nomatter who gets the money. 

I don't see how that is.  The more users you have, the more time (or miles) you can show that they are active, the more advertising dollars you are bringing in.  Each mile may be a drop in the bucket, but zero sum would mean the charity receives the same amount no matter what.  That is not the case here.  

It seems like an unnecessarily cynical attitude towards an industry that raises money and awareness for charities while encouraging mental and physical activity among its participants.  

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/freerice.asp

http://tellmewhytheworldisweird.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-does-freericecom-work.html 

Spotted my first hunting party in the wild, group of teenagers breaking into a run staring into their phones. 

App idea came to me : Capture pokemon go players trying to capture a pokemon. If you do it before they capture the pokemon you get a bonus. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Spotted my first hunting party in the wild, group of teenagers breaking into a run staring into their phones.

App idea came to me : Capture pokemon go players trying to capture a pokemon. If you do it before they capture the pokemon you get a bonus.

Title: Pokémon Trainer Go.

Eventually one of these tongue and cheek adds mocking Pokémon Go players while trying to get their custom is going to be met with backlash from people tired of it. The reality of a free market is that mocking your customers isn't giving them an insensitive to buy from you.

Clever idea!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The key thing being the general idea of it. It's nice as it is, regardless of the snark...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i heard a nice one

How to make a coup with the help of the people: while the parliament is in session, spread the rumor that an extremely rare pokemon has been spotted in there. thousands of people will storm the building

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

13707631_1403613252988106_19557910455235

Those fools.

There ain't no later gen pokemon in pokemon go. Pokemon go is for gen wunners only. :)

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Jesus, the hit didn't look that bad on camera but his skull is caved in like a melon. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

For the non-violence related..

"For when you have to decide with just which balls you'll be playing with tonight:"

13690582_1750453488536281_38167632341068

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."