Pokémon GO

ktchong

You guys know what's going to separate the Pokemon Trainers from the Pokemon Masters?

Three feet of f***king snow.

See you bitches in winter.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You guys know what's going to separate the Pokemon Trainers from the Pokemon Masters?

Three feet of f***king snow.

See you bitches in winter.

Thirty years from now.

Grampa: You kids don't know anything about hard work. I used to have to hunt Pokémon up hill, in the snow, both ways!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some hackers in my city operate servers that deploy bots, thousands of them, to scan the entire city, every part of it, for Pokémons. The hackers links the bot operations to a Twitter account, which automatically sends out tweets based on certain conditions. Whenever one of their bots comes across a rare Pokémon, the linked Twitter account automatically sends out a tweet. Everyone who subscribes to the Twitter account would instantl get the notification of the rare spawn. Every tweet includes a map to the Pokémon and the despawn time.

When we (subscribers/players) click on the map in the tweet, it opens up Google Map and automaticaly gives us the driving direction to the Pokémon. It has been a rush during the past week. I have been able to used the tweets to catch about two dozen Dragonites and Snorlaxes, and complete my Pokédex, (i.e., two dozen Dragonites and two dozen Snorlaxes; if I look at them in my Pokémon storage and scroll through them, they go on and on for pages.)  I do not even bother with Charizards and other lesser Pokémon because I am running out of Great and Ultra balls, and I have to save those balls for the big guys.

On the streets, the situation has been crazy, and it is getting crazier as more and more people find out about the tweets. When a new tweet of a Dragonite or Snorlax arrives, in a few minute the location will be swarmed by twenty, thirty or more cars. People say Pokémon GO is winding down.... well, not in my city.

It is a much better option than installing and using a scanner/tracker app on our phones, because Niantic may possibly ban players for using a scanner/tracker. We are not actually using any scanner/tracker apps. We are using the regular Twitter and Google Map apps. What can Niantic do about it? Ban players for using Twitter and Google Map on the same phone for playing Pokémon GO? I do not even bother with using scanners/trackers anymore... they are so inefficient.

My city is the first one to have this Poke tweeting service, but the surrounding cities have also started to get the same service, all operated by different hackers. It is spreading. I am current subscribing to the tweets from two different cities, mine and the one right next to us.

Edited by ktchong