Movies You've Seen Recently Thread

Rosbjerg

X-Men Apocalypse ... quite a bit better than before. Jean Grey, oh my god. 

so, was apocalypse a stalinist? a totalitarian demagogue utilizing cult o' personality and police-state mentality to bring 'bout a radiant future/worker's paradise through brutal means.  well, maybe not exactly, but am guessing is far closer than rbg.  

colossus wasn't in the film, was he?  too bad.  made out o' living steel.  stalin=steel, therefore by transitive property, colossus=stalin. 

HA! Good Fun!

He was mostly just a douche tbh with you. There are a lot of characters who don't get enough screentime or character development and he's one of them. His motives and plan were waifer thin.

Blade Runner 2049 sounds like something from EA Sports

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Does EA have an ice skating game? If not, that should be the title.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I finally watched X-Men Apocalypse. I didn't hate it. But I ultimately thought Magneto was the only strong part of the film. Jennifer Lawrence's performance felt phoned in, too.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finally watched X-Men Apocalypse. I didn't hate it. But I ultimately thought Magneto was the only strong part of the film. Jennifer Lawrence's performance felt phoned in, too.

Jennifer Lawrence just isn't a very good Mystique in general. She was decent in First Class, but she just can't pull off the seductress/spy thing.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think at the moment they're keeping Mystique in that more.. angry rebel provocateur type rather than the full-blown seductress spy femme fatale. Who knows how they'll develop it over time. If they do much more X-movies.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Jennifer Lawrence just isn't a very good Mystique in general. She was decent in First Class, but she just can't pull off the seductress/spy thing.

She did very well in Days of Future Past, I thought.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"but she just can't pull off the seductress"

Kiddin' right? LMAO

She just comes off as cute rather than sexy to me.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Zoolander 2. Funny, but not as good as the original

Devastatorsig.jpg

All that talk of hope is annoying. So the thermal exhaust port was an intentional weakness then?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Always something with family in these movies.

X-Men Apocalypse on Blu Ray. Looked great on my new 4K television. I just need to get a 4K Blu Ray player and 4K movies now.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Date night with my lady included sappy romance movie and horror movie.

Me Before You - Surprised me, thought it would be run of the mill romance drama where a depressed white guy gets taught how to live by a manic pixie dream girl. Turns out it was a deconstruction of the manic pixie dream girl trope in which the characters are counting on that and the depressed white guy teaches the manic pixie dream girl how to live instead. It also won me over by never taking itself too seriously despite heavy subject matter.

Lights Out - Horror movie based on the short film of the same name. Fantastic first half in which characters are smart, then they all grab the idiot ball because there was nowhere else to go with the plot in the second half - it also explains literally everything about our supernatural creature halfway through taking away most of the fear. Characters were done pretty well and the dumb horror movie boyfriend turned out to be by far the best part. Very strange ending with horrible implications though. Spoilers below!

Supernatural creature is linked to a character's mental illness, and to protect everyone else she ends up shooting herself. So if your mental illness hurts the people around you, you should just end it?

• Like 1

Transformers, Dark of the Moon. Found it underneath Prometheus in the back of the cabinet.

Buzz Aldrin, awesome. Leonard, on screen as Spock and Sentinel Prime ... super awesome. Literally says out loud, 'the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many'.

Most of the rest of the two-and-a-half hour movie, quite a bit less awesome.  

All Stop. On Screen.