29 members have voted

1. 1. Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump

• Donald (US Resident)
    • Donald (Foreign Spectator)
    • Hillary (US Resident)
    • Hillary (Foreign Spectator)

I too was hoping we were electing a WoT president. :(

Wouldn't we have to get rid of the oligarchy of moderators first ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Saw this topic title and thought it would be to vote for the next president of WoT. I am disappoint.

Aliens wouldn't want to touch the US presidential election with a ten foot pole, anyway.

Lady Crimson is Chairwoman for life of WoT.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Gfted1 can I count on your vote if there was a WoT presidential election amongst members...or do I need to bribe you first to ensure your support ?    :biggrin:

My vote for WoT presidency can absolutely be bought. 

Wouldn't we have to get rid of the oligarchy of moderators first ? :p

I rue the day when I will be forced to give up my powers of stealth editing the spelling and grammar of my posts. ;(

• Like 1

My first thought would be "aren't they the same?"

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16

There is a wacky conspiracy theory floating out there that this is a ploy by Trump to get Hillary elected (sabotage the GOP then drop out or nuke his own campaign once he secures the Republican bid).  I'm assuming it would be in exchange for a cushy cabinet position or some sort of favors for his businesses?  :shrugz:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My first thought would be "aren't they the same?"

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16

There is a wacky conspiracy theory floating out there that this is a ploy by Trump to get Hillary elected (sabotage the GOP then drop out or nuke his own campaign once he secures the Republican bid).  I'm assuming it would be in exchange for a cushy cabinet position or some sort of favors for his businesses?  :shrugz:

Its not true but it is a real conspiracy theory, people tend to embellish events and circumstances 

Yes Trump does know the Clintons personally, they have been to fund raising events and Hilary did attend his wedding, thats where the photo is from

But that doesnt mean there aren't logical reasons for them to be on the opposite of the political spectrum 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Very unlikely, but within the realm of possibility. I know a few people of various political leanings that think similar.

My jury is still out, but it seems to me Trump is at least partly sincere in his message. Moreso than all his current and potential adversaries excepting Bernie (Bernie is many bad things, but he is largely sincere, which I respect) have proven to be anyways.

However, if true, the haut monde in the U.S. has reached a point where they're making the legendary French princess who proclaimed 'Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!' look like a true woman of the bourgeoisie. And if that's the case, this election very well might be one of the very last before some very bloody **** hits the fan, and a number of people are going to wish their executions were as quick and clean as a guillotine.

Certainly some of them, such as Hilary is that out of touch, but Donald doesn't strike me as someone that dumb. He's actually fairly obviously an incredibly smart guy, but how evil he is and just how much hubris he might suffer (which can turn a genius into a moron) is indeed somewhat a question. One that to an even larger degree than with our current President in 2008, is somewhat unanswerable until he's actually sitting in the Oval Office for a bit.

Whatever team Trump really plays for, at the very least he has brought a lot of entertainment to the election, and intended or not, he (and Bernie to a degree as well) has shown just how much of the electorate is sick of the status quo.

• Like 1

Certainly some of them, such as Hilary is that out of touch, but Donald doesn't strike me as someone that dumb. He's actually fairly obviously an incredibly smart guy, but how evil he is and just how much hubris he might suffer (which can turn a genius into a moron) is indeed somewhat a question. 

That I fully agree with.  One of the prevalent opinions (at least the ones they say out loud) of those on the left is that Trump is a blithering idiot, which he is certainly not.  Egotistical?  Yes.  Audacious?  Yes.  Dangerous?  Perhaps.  Stupid?  No.  What Trump is doing is calculated and it's working.  I do believe that he believes much of what he preaches, but he's clearly turning it up to 11 because he understands how to work a crowd and elicit a reaction.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I somehow suspect that The Donald would beat each one you in a game of chess.

That being said, i see him as a necessary step in lowering the pressure of the republic succumbing further into Caesarism (Bernie would've had the same effect) with letting the forces outside the establishment to play around for a little while. If he justly fails on his campaign promises, well at least he tried and the populance will want someone more competent the next time. If he succeeds, then it will show that it was high time for kicking out the current establishment. It's a win-win in the long run. That's why i wanted Bernie vs Trump in the general election. Either way, the public and the republic would've won.

Even if the media is correct and he is the nazicommiedevil incarnate who will cleanse the lands of the pure and innocent, then why not just go out in a most entertaining blaze of glory instead slowly disappearing like in a whimper? I would rather choose the most entertaining one, leaving you laughing all the way to the end.

Look there is no doubt Trump will beat you in a game of chess but its highly unlikely he will beat me  :teehee:

But Meshugger you strike me as  a global anarchist, you seem to want chaos...I sometimes think you believe if the established institutions that help maintain order and structure in the world( like the UN, IMF, EU, ICC, NATO, global currency  etc. ) were destroyed rising up from the ashes of  a broken world would be something better than what we have  ?

Do you want a new global world?

On the contrary i want to prevent the chaos, which will happen if society continues its current path of centralization of power and resources.

I want strength, virility, realism and lucidity to be our guiding principles in the future.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I somehow suspect that The Donald would beat each one you in a game of chess.

That being said, i see him as a necessary step in lowering the pressure of the republic succumbing further into Caesarism (Bernie would've had the same effect) with letting the forces outside the establishment to play around for a little while. If he justly fails on his campaign promises, well at least he tried and the populance will want someone more competent the next time. If he succeeds, then it will show that it was high time for kicking out the current establishment. It's a win-win in the long run. That's why i wanted Bernie vs Trump in the general election. Either way, the public and the republic would've won.

Even if the media is correct and he is the nazicommiedevil incarnate who will cleanse the lands of the pure and innocent, then why not just go out in a most entertaining blaze of glory instead slowly disappearing like in a whimper? I would rather choose the most entertaining one, leaving you laughing all the way to the end.

Look there is no doubt Trump will beat you in a game of chess but its highly unlikely he will beat me  :teehee:

But Meshugger you strike me as  a global anarchist, you seem to want chaos...I sometimes think you believe if the established institutions that help maintain order and structure in the world( like the UN, IMF, EU, ICC, NATO, global currency  etc. ) were destroyed rising up from the ashes of  a broken world would be something better than what we have  ?

Do you want a new global world?

On the contrary i want to prevent the chaos, which will happen if society continues its current path of centralization of power and resources.

I want strength, virility, realism and lucidity to be our guiding principles in the future.

Fair enough, we actually want the same thing

We just have different ways to achieve it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Certainly some of them, such as Hilary is that out of touch, but Donald doesn't strike me as someone that dumb. He's actually fairly obviously an incredibly smart guy, but how evil he is and just how much hubris he might suffer (which can turn a genius into a moron) is indeed somewhat a question. 

That I fully agree with.  One of the prevalent opinions (at least the ones they say out loud) of those on the left is that Trump is a blithering idiot, which he is certainly not.  Egotistical?  Yes.  Audacious?  Yes.  Dangerous?  Perhaps.  Stupid?  No.  What Trump is doing is calculated and it's working.  I do believe that he believes much of what he preaches, but he's clearly turning it up to 11 because he understands how to work a crowd and elicit a reaction.

I've been to two political rallies in my life. Donald Trump and Ron Paul (I actually wanted to see Bernie, even though I'm not a fan, but my schedule didn't allow for it). No other candidate in my adult lifetime (I'd have gone to see Perot in '92 but was too young to vote) was worth seeing in person in my opinion. Maybe Nader, but he never came close to where I lived, at least that I knew of.

Both Ron and Donald were interesting, and you learn some things you do not when you only see them on TV. One take away from seeing Donald Trump is that he actually oozes charisma in person, truly is a great speaker, and generally has a very positive vibe about him. As you say, he knows how to play a crowd and he does it very well. Ron also had these characteristics, but to a much lesser degree. Trump even had doubters such as myself (who I was surrounded with) smiling and laughing. I wasn't sure I wanted to be there at first, but it didn't take me long to be glad I went.

The whole event was more entertaining in my opinion than most comedy movies and acts I've seen over the years. Moreover, it was mostly positively entertaining. Even when Trump would toss out a negative (such as lambasting the press in the back of the room), he did it with a humorous and positive spin. The man has an overall good message, the big question is, will he actually go through with trying to implement it if he wins the White House. The answer, we can't really know until he gets there.

However, if true, the haut monde in the U.S. has reached a point where they're making the legendary French princess who proclaimed 'Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!' look like a true woman of the bourgeoisie. And if that's the case, this election very well might be one of the very last before some very bloody **** hits the fan, and a number of people are going to wish their executions were as quick and clean as a guillotine.

I've always wanted the guillotine to be how I die. Just seems neat.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

You can't say that with a straight face. You just can't.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Personally I'm just praying the FBI indicts the **** out of Hillary so none of us have to suffer through "so do you want to be dipped in a vat of acid or roll around in molten hot broken glass for a while" come November.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Personally I'm just praying the FBI indicts the **** out of Hillary so none of us have to suffer through "so do you want to be dipped in a vat of acid or roll around in molten hot broken glass for a while" come November.

You dont think if there was real evidence against Hilary the FBI would have charged her by now?

John Milton 

You can't say that with a straight face. You just can't.

Oh, my young grasshopper. There's a lot of things that can be said with a straight face. Like, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You dont think if there was real evidence against Hilary the FBI would have charged her by now?

http://www.c-span.org/video/?406228-4/washington-journal-joseph-digenova-hillary-clintons-emails

Most important part is from 09:05 to about 14:20.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

You seem to foolishly believe the FBI has any integrity.

Yes I trust the FBI, thats why I supported Apple assisting them with the backdoor access to there devices  :geek:

John Milton 

Yes I trust the FBI, thats why I supported Apple assisting them with the backdoor access to there devices  :geek:

Ah yes, supporting pure evil you are there. Realize it though you may not.

Didn't vote... since I'm not eligible for the real vote anyway (something I haven't been for close to 15 years, not being a 'citizen' where i live).

From a foreign cynics perspective, it looks like a choice between 4 options, the moronic Dan Quayle wannabe, the power hungry megalomaniac that will cling to power at all costs, the militaristic expansionist with no clue what to do with power or the affluent socialist with no clue about economics. I'll leave it to people to assign those labels on the candidates. Regardless of who wins, I feel sorry for the Americans :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ah yes, supporting pure evil you are there. Realize it though you may not.

That is giving the FBI too much credit.