US Election 2016

Now all Sanders has to do is get like 80% of California....

All we need is a major gaffe for Hillary and he can do it.

Would that be a bigger upset than Leicester winning the EPL? I don't know but it would make me laugh.

It would be like David and Goliath, if David was a very old man and Goliath was a political chameleon who has been running for President for over a decade.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

And Cruz is out after losing Indiana.

It was only a matter of time.  Surely the Republicans were going to try to screw over Trump at the convention if he didn't secure the outright bid before then, but Trump is just way too popular and the whole Cruz/Kasich alliance backfired spectacularly.  Not to mention that Cruz is nearly as hated in Washington as Trump is.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Would that be a bigger upset than Leicester winning the EPL? I don't know but it would make me laugh.

It would be like David and Goliath, if David was a very old man and Goliath was a political chameleon who has been running for President for over a decade.

Nah, of she was really a chameleon we wouldn't be able to see her BS coming a mile away. She is just sad. A caricature of everything that is wrong with professional politicians. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nah, of she was really a chameleon we wouldn't be able to see her BS coming a mile away. She is just sad. A caricature of everything that is wrong with professional politicians.

Yes GD, you're correct. But I don't have a term on hand for a creature that rapidly changes colors to fit whatever circumstance that works better than "chameleon".

And Cruz is out after losing Indiana.

It was only a matter of time.  Surely the Republicans were going to try to screw over Trump at the convention if he didn't secure the outright bid before then, but Trump is just way too popular and the whole Cruz/Kasich alliance backfired spectacularly.  Not to mention that Cruz is nearly as hated in Washington as Trump is.

Are they really surprised? If they wanted to stop Trump the time to do it would have been early in the primaries to allow support to rally behind Cruz or Rubio or whoever, by waiting they've fractured any "anti-Trump" sentiment in the Republican party to ensure that Trump would only lose the nomination in a contested convention, which will make them look like ****. Tactically speaking, the Republican party is either stuck with Trump or driving off a large portion of their base.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Are they really surprised? If they wanted to stop Trump the time to do it would have been early in the primaries to allow support to rally behind Cruz or Rubio or whoever, by waiting they've fractured any "anti-Trump" sentiment in the Republican party to ensure that Trump would only lose the nomination in a contested convention, which will make them look like ****. Tactically speaking, the Republican party is either stuck with Trump or driving off a large portion of their base.

This whole race has been a comedy of errors by the GoP.  They laughes Trump off as a joke for WAAAAAY too long and by the time they got serious it was far too late.  All the reasonable GoP candidates had either already dropped out or were on their last legs and the only one left who could realistically challenge Trump was one of the most hated men in Washington.  I'm not sure the GoP could have played this race any worse than they did.

Edit: The worst part is that because the GoP botched this so spectacularly we're probably going to wind up with Hillary as president. *cringes*

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Leicester winning the EPL had 1 to 5000 odds. They're calling it literally the biggest upset of its kind in all of modern sporting history, so probably not. I think Bernie's odds are a little bit better than that...but it's effectively nearly as impossible.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I don't think Hillary would lose that badly even if she was indicted, tried, and convicted before the primary

Even if she had a Scooby Doo mask reveal tomorrow and turned out to be Hitler I'm pretty sure she'd still pull at least 40%

PS she would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling Obama Boys, I mean Bernie Bros

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

If she was indicted by Obama's DoJ, though, it would likely mean there's no party support behind her, and no faith in her candidacy. The Clintons, if nothing else, have been pretty loyal to the Democratic Party - I don't think she'd push ahead with her candidacy knowing it was suicide for the party.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Maybe. If I was a Democrat then I'd sure hope so.

Personally, I'm not so sure she'd put the party before her last chance to be president. I'm sure if she had no chance then sure but if she had still had a decent chance of winning the general election at a cost to the party... I dunno. I think she might risk it

Not that I think anything is going to come of it, mind you. I was just trying to make the point that I don't think there is any way that Hillary could lose by a margin large enough for Sanders to catch up

I should have said Mecha Hitler with anime eyes to make my previous example even more ridiculous

Hillary is only loyal to herself. She'd burn the democratic party in a heartbeat if it benefited her to do so.

It currently does not as it comes with millions of at best barely informed mindless zombies (Shadyhands post above is sadly not an exaggeration, the woman could be caught on film raping her dead grandma and most of the people voting for her now would still vote for her) , so it's in her interest (and the interest of those who would anoint her) to play the blue game.

Edited by Valsuelm

Maybe I should've just said "Bill Clinton has been pretty loyal to the Democratic Party"...I guess that doesn't guarantee much about Hillary.

• Like 1

To be fair I don't think there are many politician who would put their party or whatever they are representing before their own aspirations. 

But maybe I have an unreasonably negative opinion of politicians. I have been pretty negative lately

Also, I was reading something about Hillary not raising nearly as much money for down ballot races as was claimed. I'll post it if I can find the article again

Found it

Edited by ShadySands

If Hillary is indicted she'll surely have to pull out. If it were partisan (or looked partisan) like Bill's indictment while president was it would be survivable but in this situation it would be hard to spin it as partisan or similar.

That is the only believable way for Bernie to win at this point though. Otherwise it's not even at Leicester City odds.

(Having said that, Nottingham Forest in the late 70s were a bigger upset than Leicester since they went on to win the European Cup, twice).

Even if she had a Scooby Doo mask reveal tomorrow and turned out to be Hitler I'm pretty sure she'd still pull at least 40%

PS she would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling Obama Boys, I mean Bernie Bros

Thanks! Now I have coffee all over my monitor!  :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kasich going to drop out.

The GOP strategy should be to just punt the Presidential Election and try to save their Senate and House seats.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Updated November odds from PaddyPower

Clinton beats Trump 1/5

Trump beats Clinton 11/4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

The GOP strategy should be to just punt the Presidential Election and try to save their Senate and House seats.

Now there's some wishful thinking. You'll have a better time wishing yourself some millions. I hope you succeed on the latter.

The danger of Republicans losing both at this point isn't much more than marginal, the danger of them losing even one isn't much higher than that. While the importation of Democrats has been in high gear for the last decade, for the most part they're just reinforcing already very blue areas. And while that may make a difference in the Presidential campaign, it won't make much of a difference in the locals. In other words, there's very few toss up races. Places that are traditionally red are very likely to vote red this election and places that are traditionally blue are very likely to vote blue this election, for the locals. And if either party has any momentum or is motivated this election, it's the Republicans. Though the big story of this election is just how sick and tired average Joe/Jane are of both of the major parties.

Punting the Presidential election would be retarded, and it's not the whole thing works anyways. It's not like they have to make much of a choice where to allocate resources, as it's not like there's any lack of any, for either the RNC or the DNC.

Edited by Valsuelm

It's not likely the result will be a Democrat sitting as Speaker next year, but if I were a betting man in Dublin Ireland, and getting even odds --I'd hypothetically wager a pot of gold on a Clinton administration and Harry Reid as the Majority Leader in the Senate.

It's not likely the result will be a Democrat sitting as Speaker next year, but if I were a betting man in Dublin Ireland, and getting even odds --I'd hypothetically wager a pot of gold on a Clinton administration and Harry Reid as the Majority Leader in the Senate.

Fortunately Dirty Harry is retiring, so at worse it's Schumer. Dems do have a very good chance of capturing the Senate, since Republicans are defending 20 seats and Dems 9. What's worse, those seats were won 6 years ago, i.e. in an off-year election, which strongly favor Republicans. Oh well, hoping for Hilzilla indictment or FBI recommendation for it after the convention, and a blow-out for Trump. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I probably need to start studying up on 3rd party folks, but it is pretty early.

Probably the best of the bunch right here:

Who doesn't want free candy?

One can always write in candidates too. That's what I often do. Mickey Mouse and Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho are always solid options. I usually put Yosemite Sam for sheriff at the local level. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are great if you want to keep different governmental branches at odds with each other. If I lived in the southwest like you, I'd also consider Speedy Gonzales. He's a quick thinker, always has his heart and mind in the right place, and would probably be good at just about anything.

• Like 1