US Election 2016

If we're being honest none of them will be able to change the system. So I guess we're stuck with oligarchy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/30/cuban-american-filmmaker-warns-america-is-morphing-into-communist-country/

Interesting take. The sad truth is if people value free things rather than freedom they have already measured out their own chains.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/30/cuban-american-filmmaker-warns-america-is-morphing-into-communist-country/

Interesting take. The sad truth is if people value free things rather than freedom they have already measured out their own chains.

I'd wager when "freedom" means "free to lose your job at any time, become homeless, and die of an easily curable illness because you didn't have health insurance", dem chains start to look pretty appealing, if they're attached to free stuff.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'd wager when "freedom" means "free to lose your job at any time, become homeless, and die of an easily curable illness because you didn't have health insurance", dem chains start to look pretty appealing, if they're attached to free stuff.

In 1994 I was in the US Marines. I got out and found another job. Later in 1994 I was a paid staffer for Don "Big Daddy" Garlits during his run for Congress. He lost, I was laid off (obviously). I borrowed money from my parents and started a business. In 1996 I ran for political office, that didn't work. I lost my whole life savings on that mistake and my business failed because of that. I found another job and went to school at night and finished my degree. In 2002 I got a job with AT&T as an RF Design Engineer. In 2009 I was "downsized". I found another job. In 2011 after carefully managing and investing my money I left that job and started a new business with five other partners. It was a success. In 2015 we sold that business and I became a contractor for the company, Last year my contract was not renewed and I was let go from the company I helped start. But you know what? I found another job.

The point I'm trying to make is everyone is going to have setbacks in life. They will only destroy you if you allow them to. If you lose your job, find another one. If no one is hiring in what you do nearby then look elsewhere or do something else. My who career has been shaped by one disappointment after another. I didn't let any of that keep me down and I have little sympathy for anyone who does. And I have 0 respect for the people screaming to be handed free stuff, paid for by the folks who actually go out and work their asses off everyday. Every dollar someone receives without working for someone else worked for without receiving.  

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is good to have a safety net even if it can be galling to see abuse of it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The sad thing is we used to run to America to escape communism. Where do we run to now?
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The sad thing is we used to run to America to escape communism. Where do we run to now?

America isn't becoming communist. It would become full on fascist before it would become communist.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

In 1994 I was in the US Marines. I got out and found another job. Later in 1994 I was a paid staffer for Don "Big Daddy" Garlits during his run for Congress. He lost, I was laid off (obviously). I borrowed money from my parents and started a business. In 1996 I ran for political office, that didn't work. I lost my whole life savings on that mistake and my business failed because of that. I found another job and went to school at night and finished my degree. In 2002 I got a job with AT&T as an RF Design Engineer. In 2009 I was "downsized". I found another job. In 2011 after carefully managing and investing my money I left that job and started a new business with five other partners. It was a success. In 2015 we sold that business and I became a contractor for the company, Last year my contract was not renewed and I was let go from the company I helped start. But you know what? I found another job.

The point I'm trying to make is everyone is going to have setbacks in life. They will only destroy you if you allow them to. If you lose your job, find another one. If no one is hiring in what you do nearby then look elsewhere or do something else. My who career has been shaped by one disappointment after another. I didn't let any of that keep me down and I have little sympathy for anyone who does. And I have 0 respect for the people screaming to be handed free stuff, paid for by the folks who actually go out and work their asses off everyday. Every dollar someone receives without working for someone else worked for without receiving.  

I totally agree with you on the job front, but the health insurance stuff sticks in my craw, because since you got out of the Marines in '94 health care premiums have outpaced inflation and have lapped the increase of the average salary many times over.  It's a terrible system that needs to change.

America isn't becoming communist. It would become full on fascist before it would become communist.

Yeah, Bernie Sanders is a New Deal Keynesian or Social Democrat at most and comparing that to the Marxist-Leninist states of last century is a stretch, to put it lightly. Although the memes as Bernie as a dictator are pretty funny.

As to why the fellow is confused as to why so many are turning to Bernie Sanders, I have to wonder if he's been living in a cave the last few years. You have a generation of people who came of age in economic times where the choice is often between minimum wage and welfare, with crippling debt for their Bachelor's degree which is roughly equivalent to what a high school for their parents, and unable to even move out of their parent's house because rent is unmanageable with their debt. Add to this that they came of age after the fall of the Soviet Union and red scare messaging, that their republic is rife with corruption and misdeeds, and that the recent financial crisis which caused a huge amount of misery was caused by banks and it is no wonder that they would be open to solutions previous generation would have considered radical.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No we are not morphing into communism. But what IS happening is nearly as bad. People seem to be willingly ceding the single most valuable thing in the world, their liberty, to a government that wants nothing more than to take it. And in exchange they are receiving what? Free healthcare? Sorry, Obamacare is not free, it's just mandatory. As for the price we all know a little about economics. What happens to the price of a commodity if you limit the availability of it by limiting who can sell it then require everyone to buy it? In other words, what happens to price when demand increases and supply decreases or is static, or increases at a delta below the demand delta?

Thomas Sowell

What has happened is that states have become subservient to banks and other large corporations, no morphing because we are already there. And in order to keep things flowing nicely for the master, the state is enacting totalitarian policies that bear a striking similarity to what the Marxist-Leninist States did to keep people in line. The state isn't some ogre eagerly looking to trample liberty for ****s and giggles, it's a tool to look after the interests of the ruling class which in these times are banks and corporations. They fund all the politicians, they lobby the politicians, they write/influence the legislation the politicians vote on, and they employ the politicians after they leave office. In return for their generosity, they have full control of the state to protect their interests and do as they please as they are completely unaccountable to anyone because the way our economy is set up you have to do business with them one way or another with very few exceptions. Rule by private unaccountable entities is what Global Capitalism is, the genie is not going back in the bottle no matter how much wailing about tariffs or whining about praxeology or promising to bring jobs back from whatever third-world hell hole they've gone off to now is going to change that. We are stuck with this and all the increasingly totalitarian measures it will bring until whatever is going to replace it comes along or we all burn in nuclear flames.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

One'd expect healthcare to be free, after all gotta ensure the worker bees to live long enough to pay for the gold-plated Bugattis of the 1%. Especially when they don't even bother to breed anymore and the daily immigrant bees are not bees, but hornets.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What has happened is that states have become subservient to banks and other large corporations, no morphing because we are already there. And in order to keep things flowing nicely for the master, the state is enacting totalitarian policies that bear a striking similarity to what the Marxist-Leninist States did to keep people in line. The state isn't some ogre eagerly looking to trample liberty for ****s and giggles, it's a tool to look after the interests of the ruling class which in these times are banks and corporations. They fund all the politicians, they lobby the politicians, they write/influence the legislation the politicians vote on, and they employ the politicians after they leave office. In return for their generosity, they have full control of the state to protect their interests and do as they please as they are completely unaccountable to anyone because the way our economy is set up you have to do business with them one way or another with very few exceptions. Rule by private unaccountable entities is what Global Capitalism is, the genie is not going back in the bottle no matter how much wailing about tariffs or whining about praxeology or promising to bring jobs back from whatever third-world hell hole they've gone off to now is going to change that. We are stuck with this and all the increasingly totalitarian measures it will bring until whatever is going to replace it comes along or we all burn in nuclear flames.

I'm sorry KP I try to not criticize you because my input seems to annoy you but I have  noticed a real and perhaps concerning  change in your overall views around ideology

I have seen this many times before..first you rejected EU austerity and saw Germany as an enemy in the overall EU structure, then massive criticism of big business and  the state of the US government and now we reach the point where its normal to use phrases like " states have become subservient to banks and other large corporations " , "interests of the ruling class which in these times are banks and corporations" and " Rule by private unaccountable entities is what Global Capitalism " 

Its standard left-wing hubris and vitriol against certain fundamental Western  institutions, like the financial sector. it reminds me of something that Serb would say who you quote from RT....its all about anti-Western rhetoric  for them end of the day, you should know they actually want  to undermine and weaken the US. They not really interested in positive changes to your country

But I did try to steer you away from this view.....but you basically dismissed what I said  and of course you are perfectly entitled to believe what you want about the state of the USA but I hoped you wouldn't end up thinking like this :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

One'd expect healthcare to be free, after all gotta ensure the worker bees to live long enough to pay for the gold-plated Bugattis of the 1%. Especially when they don't even bother to breed anymore and the daily immigrant bees are not bees, but hornets.

Sadly it's because the Queen bees and their drones have no stakes in this colony. They go as far as claiming that the hornets are actually worker bees.

It could be worse though, i've heard that in some colonies out to the west they are trying to establish certain privileges to the hornets, all while claiming that the worker bees are all the beneficiaries of such, thus ensuring that the conflict will continue. In the deepest halls the drone academies they are even proudly talking about ending "working bee"-ness or that peace will come to all of the colonies once the working bees have disappeared.

The world has turned mad.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm sorry KP I try to not criticize you because my input seems to annoy you but I have  noticed a real and perhaps concerning  change in your overall views around ideology

I have seen this many times before..first you rejected EU austerity and saw Germany as an enemy in the overall EU structure, then massive criticism of big business and  the state of the US government and now we reach the point where its normal to use phrases like " states have become subservient to banks and other large corporations " , "interests of the ruling class which in these times are banks and corporations" and " Rule by private unaccountable entities is what Global Capitalism " 

Its standard left-wing hubris and vitriol against certain fundamental Western  institutions, like the financial sector. it reminds me of something that Serb would say who you quote from RT....its all about anti-Western rhetoric  for them end of the day, you should know they actually want  to undermine and weaken the US. They not really interested in positive changes to your country

But I did try to steer you away from this view.....but you basically dismissed what I said  and of course you are perfectly entitled to believe what you want about the state of the USA but I hoped you wouldn't end up thinking like this :)

It's easy to dismiss your view since you do not have to pay the price for its ramifications. The fact of the matter is that capital (money, wealth) is global, while the labour is local.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's easy to dismiss your view since you do not have to pay the price for its ramifications. The fact of the matter is that capital (money, wealth) is global, while the labour is local.

Yes I agree, whats  your point?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes I agree, whats  your point?

I don't think that you are understanding what you're agreeing to since you have to ask what the point is.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I disniss what you say because you're borderline nonsensical and can't argue with facts or logic.

So it appears that I've crossed the axis. Redid the I Side With quiz and ended up tied at 79% between Donald Trump and Austin Petersen. The political compass puts me in centre right (because I still support socialized health care and government funding of space exploration). Crap happening in Europe with immigration, the complete failure of multiculturalism, and Venezuela heading for triple digit inflation has shattered my idealized vision of the left from my youth. I am in my thirties now, so I guess its true what they say about being a liberal in your twenties and a conservative in your thirties.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I disniss what you say because you're borderline nonsensical and can't argue with facts or logic.

And your ability to have a reasonable debate has deteriorated....disappointing  :wacko:

John Milton 

Debate would require you to be able to coherently argue for something Bruce, and you've continually proven you're either unwilling or unable to do that.

Sadly it's because the Queen bees and their drones have no stakes in this colony. They go as far as claiming that the hornets are actually worker bees.

It could be worse though, i've heard that in some colonies out to the west they are trying to establish certain privileges to the hornets, all while claiming that the worker bees are all the beneficiaries of such, thus ensuring that the conflict will continue. In the deepest halls the drone academies they are even proudly talking about ending "working bee"-ness or that peace will come to all of the colonies once the working bees have disappeared.

*wipes away a tear* This has got to be the single most tortured metaphor I've ever seen on this forum.

its all about anti-Western rhetoric  for them end of the day, you should know they actually want  to undermine and weaken the US. 

You... do realize this is not any less of a conspiracy theorist nonsense than 90% of what Vals is spouting, right?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

*wipes away a tear* This has got to be the single most tortured metaphor I've ever seen on this forum.

Now, now, no need to get emotional for a coffe break-metaphor. Besides, poetry and art has taught us more about the human condition than any thesis from a university.

I now present to you, the most political video so far in this election. As in, how to not answer a question:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Now, now, no need to get emotional for a coffe break-metaphor. Besides, poetry and art has taught us more about the human condition than any thesis from a university.

[citation needed]

:lol:

[citation needed]

:lol:

Genius, beauty, suffering, strength of will are machinations of the human mind, of which cannot be quantified or measured, neither can they be reproduced through the gathering empirical data. But they can be expressed through words, pictures and sounds, all of which who resonate to the human soul.

Never underestimate the power of memes.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy