US Election 2016

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-love-why-kremlin-backs-trump-132620811.html?ref=gs

You know any candidate has  a serious problem around credibility  when Putin supports them unreservedly, I was watching a news clip on   CNN and they were interviewing people on the streets of Moscow. People were saying things like " we think Trump is a wise and bold leader "  ....apparently Russia is the ONLY  country where most people, outside the USA, see Trump in a  favorable light 

Completely meaningless argument unless you can provide reasons in themselves why anyone should take heed of what the people of Paris or Berlin thinks over what the people of the streets of Moscow say.

Not meaningless at all. Its actually quite simple  because its about the reality of how well a certain leader has done in running a  country overall

Putin has a very high approval rating in Russia yet the Russian economy is in a recession and Putin has mismanaged economic growth....yet he is still popular 

So if the average Russian citizen thinks Putin is a great leader and they think Trump is a good leader they either don't understand or care about economic metrics and  how they reflect on a leaders true success

So in summary if your economy is in a recession this is a bad thing, it doesn't matter if you have a strong military or if you control the domestic  media narrative and the citizens  "think you great " or " its the fault of the West for our financial situation " 

This is about the economic reality of any country and how the citizens hold there leaders responsible for that economic reality 

Did you just refute your own argument? Oh my.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-love-why-kremlin-backs-trump-132620811.html?ref=gs

You know any candidate has  a serious problem around credibility  when Putin supports them unreservedly, I was watching a news clip on   CNN and they were interviewing people on the streets of Moscow. People were saying things like " we think Trump is a wise and bold leader "  ....apparently Russia is the ONLY  country where most people, outside the USA, see Trump in a  favorable light 

Completely meaningless argument unless you can provide reasons in themselves why anyone should take heed of what the people of Paris or Berlin thinks over what the people of the streets of Moscow say.

Not meaningless at all. Its actually quite simple  because its about the reality of how well a certain leader has done in running a  country overall

Putin has a very high approval rating in Russia yet the Russian economy is in a recession and Putin has mismanaged economic growth....yet he is still popular 

So if the average Russian citizen thinks Putin is a great leader and they think Trump is a good leader they either don't understand or care about economic metrics and  how they reflect on a leaders true success

So in summary if your economy is in a recession this is a bad thing, it doesn't matter if you have a strong military or if you control the domestic  media narrative and the citizens  "think you great " or " its the fault of the West for our financial situation " 

This is about the economic reality of any country and how the citizens hold there leaders responsible for that economic reality 

No I didn't and its not an argument but an observation based on economics and " what makes a good leader "

Let me explain it differently, I dont think Putin is a good leader and I don't think Trump is a good leader

Many Russians think Trump will make a good leader but they also think Putin is a good leader

Many people outside of Russia, like the Germans and French, don't think Trump will make a good leader 

So who carries the most credibility on this topic? Is it the average Russian citizen or the average German or French citizen...and the topic being " is Trump a good leader " ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

good businessmen are going to do what is best for their business, whether they like it or not

Which is why the question do he continue his fight against globalization by supporting it because it is good for business. Going against free trade deals (those haven't born just from incompetence of politicians, but also from needs of big international corporations which businesses they benefit) is bad for big business like Trump, so he would need to actually make decisions that are bad for his business to keep up his promises during this campaign. So will he actually work against his own interest or do he continue to do what is best for his business. 

No I didn't and its not an argument but an observation based on economics and " what makes a good leader "

Let me explain it differently, I dont think Putin is a good leader and I don't think Trump is a good leader

Many Russians think Trump will make a good leader but they also think Putin is a good leader

Many people outside of Russia, like the Germans and French, don't think Trump will make a good leader 

So who carries the most credibility on this topic? Is it the average Russian citizen or the average German or French citizen...and the topic being " is Trump a good leader " ?

Again, the credibility lies completely between the representative of the nation and his constituents, as they are the ones he is supposed to represent and is accountable to.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I sexually identify as Marco Rubio. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of dispelling with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. People say to me that a person being Marco Rubio is impossible and I'm ****ing retarded but I don't care, I'm dispelling with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. I'm having a surgeon install the ability to dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what's doing, and the ability to know exactly what he's doing. From now on I want you guys to call me "President" and respect my right to dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. If you can't accept me you're trying to change this country and need to check your Chris Christie privilege. Thank you for being so understanding that I'm dispelling with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Again, the credibility lies completely between the representative of the nation and his constituents, as they are the ones he is supposed to represent and is accountable to.

You not suggesting that when we measure a leaders value or credibility we only  look at what the citizens of the country he rules think?

In certain cases that just doesn't reflect the reality of how good or bad a leader is,  in the 1930's many  Germans thought Hitler was great ....did this patriotism and resurgence of  German pride  mean he was really a good leader...look at the outcome of what happened 

So we have opinions of  leaders based on historical context and measurable developments and government policy outcomes like .. "how is the state of healthcare, human rights abuses, how is the economy being managed " etc.

So yes the views of citizens matter but they just part of the overall way we reflect on leaders 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...and you invoked Godwin's law. Opinion discarded.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Why should anyone complain....this is to make the president, his family and his staff safer

Its not the same as the Trump wall because its not anywhere on the same scale, will require the same resources to build or creates the same political statement that the Trump wall does 

John Milton 

It won't even be done for the current administration

I'm not sure what the point is

I would imagine its  a veiled attack on people who are against the Trump wall, like me,  and its meant to expose them as hypocrites because we fine with the White House wall ?

John Milton 

That's why it makes no sense as the two are completely unrelated other than them both being barriers. The White House has a fence around it, not a wall... and do you have to be either for or against all walls and fences now? If so I guess I need to tear down the fence around my building since I think Trumps wall is silly. 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I have a fence around my yard. :yes:

Are you raising it 5 feet? If so you could probably build a wall along the US-Mexico border for the same amount.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It won't even be done for the current administration

I'm not sure what the point is

I would imagine its  a veiled attack on people who are against the Trump wall, like me,  and its meant to expose them as hypocrites because we fine with the White House wall ?

1345239693_504_FT171692_foghorn-leghorn-

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Heck I have a fence around my whole 26 acre property and a well armed man of questionable sanity guarding it.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Heck I have a fence around my whole 26 acre property and a well armed man of questionable sanity guarding it.

So that's why Woldan hasn't been posting lately. 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 2

You know any candidate has a serious problem around credibility when Putin supports them unreservedly, I was watching a news clip on CNN and they were interviewing people on the streets of Moscow. People were saying things like " we think Trump is a wise and bold leader " ....apparently Russia is the ONLY country where most people, outside the USA, see Trump in a favorable light

Not meaningless at all. Its actually quite simple because its about the reality of how well a certain leader has done in running a country overall

So if the average Russian citizen thinks Putin is a great leader and they think Trump is a good leader they either don't understand or care about economic metrics and how they reflect on a leaders true success

So in summary if your economy is in a recession this is a bad thing, it doesn't matter if you have a strong military or if you control the domestic media narrative and the citizens "think you great " or " its the fault of the West for our financial situation "

You not suggesting that when we measure a leaders value or credibility we only look at what the citizens of the country he rules think?

In certain cases that just doesn't reflect the reality of how good or bad a leader is, in the 1930's many Germans thought Hitler was great ....did this patriotism and resurgence of German pride mean he was really a good leader...look at the outcome of what happened

So we have opinions of leaders based on historical context and measurable developments and government policy outcomes like .. "how is the state of healthcare, human rights abuses, how is the economy being managed " etc.

So yes the views of citizens matter but they just part of the overall way we reflect on leaders

Hitler brought germany out of the worst economic disaster it ever saw, rebuilt German industry, and made it a power able to challenge most of the worlds great powers at once. If Hitler's wildly successful economic policies don't make him a good leader, why does Putin's failure make him a bad one?

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bruce there is a distinction between a good leader and a leader who is good. That Hitler was a good leader is hard to argue. It's where he led everyone that made him a sonofabitch.

Thomas Sowell

That Hitler was a good leader is hard to argue. It's where he led everyone that made him a sonofabitch.

I'm not entirely convinced those two capabilities can be meaningfully differentiated when one tries to assess the overall quality of a leader.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."