Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Arrow Trap in effect.

Encountered and defeated Large Chest.

Then had to roll for damage from arrow trap.

If I roll 2,3,4, nothing happens after that. Don't get my chance to roll for my weapons. The game isn't frozen. I can look at my characters, and discard, of any cards on screen. I just can't roll for my treasure, and I can't end my turn.

It appears again to be because I rolled the damage in between resolving the Large Chest.

Maybe we could get an all powerful end turn button.

It would override everything and cancel a turn.

Keep it in the options tab.

And that way, if something gets stuck, we can move on.

I would rather lose the rest of my turn than have to restart a game.

• Like 1

I was on Lini and was on the scenario which requires you to bury a card when acquiring a spell. I came across the barrier, Mystic Inscription. I succeeded and acquired three spells, however did not have to bury.

I'm not sure what happened but last night I was starting to play through my 2-4 game when it froze.  Afterwards, I started a new game.  This morning when I logged in I was unable to pull up my previous story mode, my new story mode or even quest mode.  I decided to completely uninstall the game.  When I went to log back in after re-install, it would not accept my password as correct.  So I'm not back at square one. 

Oh well, time to find more bugs!  It was good having high level characters while it lasted. 

Experiencing a bug with the item "Token of Remembrance".   When using this item with Kyra, having a Divine Spell in the discard pile, there is a bug every time wherein I am shown an "empty" discard pile interface with the request to select a spell to recharge.   I have no option but to hit the "X" button to cancel this and the end result is my Token of Remembrance in the buried cards and no other change. 

Apologies if this is a known bug, I did not see it mentioned on the "known issues" list.  

Amazing app.  LOVE IT.

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding too eager... are we talking hours? Days?

It was hours but we found a last minute thing that was bad

I was hoping first thing tomorrow morning but likely tomorrow afternoon/evening...  Unless something bad happens, again.

• Like 2

Seelah solo, normal Crow Bait, at Farmhouse but doesn't matter, no death or PnP.

Seelah encounters a Ghost, and the default check is given as a Divine check. I reveal my Burning Mace, and it converts to a combat check. However, when I use Inspired Grace with Iomedaes Benediction, it converts the check back into a Wisdom check. Even if I manually convert it back to combat, my bonus die from the mace is gone, and the mace card is stuck in limbo in the play area. The traits from the mace are also gone, as the Ghost gets shuffled back into the location deck. This bug has also occurred against a Carrionswarm using a Dogslicer +1 at a different location.

Edit: ran into a Spectre at the Farmhouse and did not encounter this error using a Warhammer +1. Spectre was summoned to close the location.

Edited by Jeftidastl

"Foul Misgivings" with villain "The Skinsaw Man" in the Warrens. Academy and Foxglove Manor are permanently closed, Merisiel has failed her check-to-close at the farmhouse after the Haunt and has to hang out there to temp close.

Skinsaw Man appears in Warrens against Kyra, Warrens special ability is forced which places a random enemy on the farmhouse, combat immediately starts with no opportunity to temp close. No closing interface was triggered at all as is typical with the villain encounter. This was repeatable in three consecutive games, even with the Villain in Foxglove Manor.

At Foxglove Manor, I revealed Aldern Foxglove to remove haunts, and he stayed out in the field of play until I played a blessing to go again. There should probably be some effect to show that the Haunt effect is gone, and at the same time put Aldern back in the hand.

Edit: this did not occur again when I tried a second time. He went back into my hand like normal when it was the first thing I did at the location. Previously I had explored once or twice. Will keep an eye out for more details if the situation arises again.

Edited by Jeftidastl

Don't know if this is a bug, since everything worked out, but its such a corner case that I thought mentioning it would be useful:

Attack on Sandpoint (Ezren, Lini, Marisiel, Seelah, Harsk, Amiri)

Regular, No Permadeath, No PnP

Run into Ripnugget and Stickfoot, try to temporarily close locations:

Harsk at Swallowtail Festival

-> Try to close location

-> Run into Goblin Raider

-> Defeat Goblin Raider

-> Do I want to close location?

-> Yes, run into bastard sword

-> Permanently close location

If I say "no" to permanently close location, will the location be temporarily closed?

If I fail to acquire the bastard sword, will the location be temporarily closed?

• Like 1

The new build has a problem on iPad Mini 2. There is a dialog box that cannot be closed over the screen. I can still hit the buttons under it, but there is a transparent layer over the entire window.

EDIT: So I can start a game, but something about the dialog box transparency prevents the dice from being shown. Until this gets fixed, I'm stuck.

MYMjC7O.png

Edited by Neomalkin
  • Like 1

Kind of a rules question.

If you add Strength to a check does that add the Magic trait to that check? I say yes.

Alas, the answer is no. Paizo clarified that a card's traits are added to the check only if the card determines which die you are using for the check. If the card doesn't do that, then its traits are not added to the check.

Because the Strength spell does not determine the die being used for the check, its traits are not added to the check.

• Like 2

Hey there.

In regards to Pink roses question:

If you add Strength to a check does that add the Magic trait to that check?

The answer in the Physical version of the game is No, as Traits, such as 'Magic' are added by cards you use to define there and skill that you are using for the check.

Eg if Harsk was in combat with a Spectre at the beginning it would show his strength die and the melee skill. If Harsk then recharges a +1 Dagger, the die should change to his ranged die and use the ranged skill. It is at this point that the game adds the traits from the +1 Dagger to the check.

When you use a spell like Aid or Strength, you are not defining the die or skill that you are using for the check, merely adding to it.

Also I am under the impression that Kyra is the only Character that can defeat Iesha Foxglove, as in base RoRL there is no other way to add the 'Magic' trait to Charisma, Diplomacy or Divine check.

I apologies if I have not articulated this clearly.

Thanks

• Like 2