Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Beta build 2 four person party (see above post)

Thistle top Delve Seoni defeated orik and succeeded at charisma check showed location with two monsters and codex but was unable to put codex in hand

Nexus 6, Beta 2 Build. No Permadeath, No Pass and Play. Story Mode.

Attack On Sandpoint

Party/Order: Harsk, Lini, Lem, Merisiel, Harsk, Seoni

Location in order: Desecrated Vault, The Old Light, The Old Light, Wooden Bridge, The Old Light, Wooden Bridge

Normal Difficulty

Current Character: Seoni

Not First Encounter, used last blessing in hand to explore once more: Archer

Play:

Roll Charisma for check:

Success or Fail, doesn't matter, game stuck at explore phase

Slashing Blade is banished.

Game now stuck on Exploration phase of game turn, cannot do anything. Game stuck.

Move and explore phase lights are lit.

Before resolution:

https://goo.gl/photos/FcxyTx9QU6i46SASA

After resolution (fail):

https://goo.gl/photos/Ni3jZKFVK1WACHgo8

After resolution (success):

https://goo.gl/photos/MskLpqSYFNTcFV37A

During Approach to Thistletop, group consisted of Amiri, Seoni, Lem and Merisel.  Found Gogmurt but was not given the option to be able to close any locations temporarily.

Mentioned in another thread, and should shortly be in the Known Issues for Beta 2. :)

This also affects Justice Ironbriar and The Skinsaw Man, as well.

It seems to be a problem when the bosses make you do some thing else beforehand

Beta2, iPad, story mode, no permadeath, no pass and play.

Merisiel and Kyra in Undead Uprising++, Impending Doom and Retaliation are the wild cards. Merisiel takes the first turn, Kyra takes the second turn at Habe's Sanatorium. She encounters the Holy Candle and acquires it. She uses it and rolls a 6. The blessings deck only goes back up to 25, which is good, but there is no blessing type shown.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VEj6nRumjPQnl4bTc1VExNdkE

Party: Ezren, Lini, Merisiel, Harsk, Sajan, Valeros

Reproducible Bug with Ilsoari Gandethus (speculation: there are other peeking cards that also cause this)

If you peek with Ilsoari and then encounter the peeked card without shuffling. The game will hang (no way to move to discard phase of encounters). Tested repeatedly and this happens consistently.

Thankfully I luckily first (or third time) encountered this bug with Merisiel, which I guess is a common Ilsoari holder. In her case, if you don't interact with the encounter but evade the encounter instead, you can continue playing.

Having hit a hung game state in other situations (I can verify that I didn't have Ilsoari in the Seoni post from above) leads me to believe that there are certain sequences of peeking at cards that causes the game to hang. I also had this happen to Ezren in my current playthrough (forgot the circumstance), but thankfully I figured out I could evade the encounter via Temple (had exactly two cards in hand!)

Post peek, Ilsoari back in deck:

https://goo.gl/photos/gFAFZcEBhsupsJdn6

Hung state of game:

https://goo.gl/photos/MdRyJJATsUn8xPyc6

Probably a known issue, but "Detect ???" cards that successfully catch what they are looking for, allowing you to hit the encounter button will work correctly but fail to show the card art.

When Dr. Habe is searching for Banes to take his place, the Close button is hidden unless you know to look under Habe.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VEj6nRumjPNk1BeHRwQnVCR1k

Edit: looking at the cards to reveal the Close button puts the featured card behind the other cards.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VEj6nRumjPWktYNzRBV1pHV0U

Edited by Jeftidastl

Build #2, iPad 4th generation.  Pass and play off, permadeath off, story mode, black fang's dungeon

Group: Ezren, Harsk, Seelah, Kyra

Brother Zantus was in Ezren's hand.  Accidentally buried it trying to discard it.  Hit the red x to cancel the action.  Brother Zantus failed to return to my hand.  Unable to move him out of buried pile manually.  Gave up and ended Ezrens turn.  Next was Seelahs turn.  Same location as Ezren.  Brother Zantus was still showing in Seelah's bury pile.  Went to cook dinner.  Relaunched app.  Brother Zantus is no longer in Seelahs bury pile.  Brother Zantus is still in Ezrens buried pile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/im18xam6wr47j7c/IMG_0329.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e0f8l3lnyp3epm/IMG_0330.PNG?dl=0

Just had an encounter with a Warlord where there was not a -1 taken for any dice rolled.

Build 2; Story mode B-2; Heroic difficulty with 'Night Approaches' wildcard; Encounter by Merisiel in General Store, used Party: Merisiel, Kyra; Used Light Cross Bow and Merisiel Backstab ability (no power feat) for the combat.

Build #2, iPad 4th generation.  Pass and play off, permadeath off, story mode, black fang's dungeon

Group: Ezren, Harsk, Seelah, Kyra

Ezren's turn.  Thanks to Seelah's Crusade power, the last two cards at Throne Room are known.  Ezren's uses augery to move the Magic Leather Armor to the top of the deck.  Ezren then takes his exploration, encounters and acquires the armor.  The game does not prompt Ezren to immediately explore again.  Ezren ends his turn like a sad old panda wishing his scheme had not failed.  He dreampt of going again, failing to acquire the potion of ghostly form, and then closing his location like a badass.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yha7kmtvdkw3pl/IMG_0331.PNG?dl=0

Edited by Katlyn99

Separate graphical note: Just got enough gold to buy my first character, and I noticed that the icon for your gold total in the 'gear' menu on the story scenario selection screen is still a gear rather than the shiny new pile of gold icon used elsewhere.

Four party group - Brigandoom on Legendary Difficulty - Four person party:  Ezren, Kyra, Harsk and Valeros

Wildcards:

1. When you defeat a monster, roll 1d6.  On a 1, you are dealt 1 fire damage. 
  2. When you defeat a barrier, roll 1d4. On a 1, you are dealt 2 ranged combat damage. 

At the Prison with Ezren.  I found a Mystic Inscription barrier.  I succeeded at my check and rolled a 1 for the ranged combat damage.  However, I did not have to discard anything for the damage. 

While playing Foul Misgivings with adjacent location movement on, the Warrens is not adjacent to any other locations. While this may be doable with bigger groups, and just inconvenient with smaller groups, it will be impossible for solo play as the Warrens is one of the initial three locations.

• Like 1

Here are some general bugs I've found that appear to occur independently of context. iPad Air, no pass & play and no permadeath. My apologies if any of these are already known:

The text for The Poison Pill on Heroic & Legendary difficulty states that the difficulty to defeat barriers is increased by 3. However, this only applies to the Poison Trap henchmen; all other barriers are unaffected. Either the text or the implementation is incorrect.

On a check with both acrobatics and perception as an option, if you reveal a Spyglass, then change back to acrobatics, then the spyglass remains floating in the "reveal" area for the rest of the scenario.

The text for Black Fang's Dungeon on Heroic and Legendary difficulty states, "When you encounter a monster with the undead trait, summon and encounter an Ancient Skeleton henchman." This makes it sound as though the Ancient Skeleton is encountered before the check; however it is actually encountered after the check. I'm not sure what the intended interaction is, but either the scenario text or the implementation needs to be changed.

If you bury Father Zantus to heal but then change your mind before rolling (by hitting the red X button), then Father Zantus stays buried and you do not heal any cards.

The Driving Rain wildcard power states that the difficulty of all checks is increased by 1. However, this definitely does not affect checks to close locations or recharge cards, and I believe it doesn't affect any "before you act" checks (e.g., "succeed at a fortitude 8 check or take 1d4 - 1 damage"). I suspect that these are not intended to be affected, since none of the other wildcards affect such checks. If that's true, then the text of the wildcard should be changed to be something like "The difficulty of all checks to defeat banes and to acquire boons is increased by 1."

• Like 2

Game breaking bug, Merisiel and Kyra, The Cult Exposed++ with Full Packs and Night Approaches on, PnP and permadeath off on an iPad.

Merisiel acquires Brodert Quink at the Academy. Due to Full Packs, she has to bury a card. She chooses Brodert, and he buries but the game does not progress. No one can explore, play cards, or end their turn. I close the game and come back sometime later, and Merisiel is being asked to roll an Int check for Brodert. She fails, and the game remains stuck. This has happened once more since then, but I cannot reproduce it on a whim.

Game breaking bug, Merisiel and Kyra, The Cult Exposed++ with Full Packs and Night Approaches on, PnP and permadeath off on an iPad.

Merisiel acquires Brodert Quink at the Academy. Due to Full Packs, she has to bury a card. She chooses Brodert, and he buries but the game does not progress. No one can explore, play cards, or end their turn. I close the game and come back sometime later, and Merisiel is being asked to roll an Int check for Brodert. She fails, and the game remains stuck. This has happened once more since then, but I cannot reproduce it on a whim.

Did you use anything to peek at Brodert Quink before you try to acquire?

If you still have the save game, can you try to evade the encounter and see if that lets you move forward?

Did you use anything to peek at Brodert Quink before you try to acquire?

If you still have the save game, can you try to evade the encounter and see if that lets you move forward?

I do not think so, although he was probably explored through the Academy's location power. When I loaded up the save just now, his bury test was back up. Then the game got stuck again.

Game state upon load: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VEj6nRumjPNHBEd09WeDgzZE0

Game state after roll: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VEj6nRumjPUGhoWklENWhXUjA

iPad, no permadeath, no PnP, Thistletop Delve normal difficulty, solo Sajan.

Sajan faces Nualia, who increases her difficulty by 2 for each blessing played. Sajan uses his Unarmed Strike ability, recharges all his blessings, and then cancels the attack. Nualia's difficulty does not reset to her base difficulty. Can lead to situations like the following:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VEj6nRumjPeFhDOFh4N0doWDg

• Like 1

The Poison Pill

Heroic, power: Retaliation (when defeating a monster, roll 1d6, on a 1, take 1 fire damage)

Sandpoint Cathedral:

When defeating a monster, retaliation kicks in, but I no longer get the option to get a blessing back from my discard pile.