Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

One feature that I see that is missing is for villains who have sequential checks to defeat, PACG rules allows different characters at the same location to perform the checks. When I faced Ripnugget and Stickfoot, the app did not allow me to pick a different character than the first to attempt the second check.

There's an option for diff chars to make checks in the top middle of the screen when more than 1 character occupies a location.

So I fixed the issue with the store not working by making my own acct instead logging in with Facebook. Still have a problem trying to use my experienced characters to replay B. It is restarting me with new characters and showing all the locations not just 4. Also when I try and move the characters to start it is showing 2 character icons at each location.

A couple quirks I've noticed:

-there's a location where you have to make a Wis/Survival 7 check or bury a card at the beginning of your turn. It seems to be instead happening at the end of turn (I was playing quest mode, so I'm not sure if that was related).

-when selecting adventure difficulty, it tells you the payout is 000 gold regardless of difficulty. Obviously, it is not.

-if you hit preview under Adventure 1 in the store, the popup window has a gibberish title like "srthsrthsrth".

-when I have too many cards in my hand, a popup window prompts me to discard some. This can get in the way of actual buttons. For instance, if I get in a fight, beat a monster, but spend blessings and want to reshuffle them, I will try to cast Cure, and the "discard" (as in, discard to cast, not discard because of the hand size limit) is present, but it's underneath the "you have too many cards" popup.

-maybe I'm just being dumb, but I seem unable to purchase Adventure 1.

-When using blessings, the game seems to favor rolling more dice over anything else. One time I threw 3d4 instead of 2d8. If I were paying more attention, I could have fixed the roll, but it shouldn't mess with me like that to begin with.

Some more subjective feedback:

-the store has some rather inconsistent navigation. I feel like it could use a standardized navigation so I can get from any section to any other section, and then back to my game without navigating intermediary screens.

-The blessings deck and the exploration deck are a bit small and obscure.

-I keep kicking myself over the adventure text. Maybe the adventure text could autodisplay, or at least expand rather than being a popup?

-Why Merisiel as one of the freebies? I mean, okay, I get that she is kinda self-sufficient with her backstabbing, and her evade-at-will, but she's only got 2 weapons and no sustainability. A large chunk of her deck is items that only fill niche slots. She's just not a reliable combatant for small games. But maybe that's my own personal beef with the rogue, I've never liked her ever since the game debuted.

Ok this one might be a bit difficult to track down so I am going to list what I have done until now in case that affects anything:

Played through the tutorial, Brigandoom! on both regular and heroic mode, played Poison Pill on normal.  Game prompted that the questing mode was now unlocked so I left the scenarios to try it out.  Ran through one quest.  This leveled up Merisiel and Kyra three times.  Chose the power fest of weapon proficiency for both of them.  (Also saw and acquired ally 2 Horgus Gwerm during the quest.  I don't think I should have been able to encounter or acquire a deck 2 card with starting deck characters.)  Went back to the story line and discovered it had been reset.  Started up Brigandoom! again.  Lots of bad luck rolls resulted in Merisiel being knocked out.  Kyra trudged on.  Encountered and acquired a warhammer.  Ran into a sneak.  Discarded the warhammer to fight the sneak.  Kyra shouldn't be proficient with weapons but the -4 is not being applied.  

When creating a new game, the pass and play option is not enabled until two characters are put into the party, which makes sense. However, as soon as it is enabled it stays enabled should you reduce party members back down to one. Graying it back out would be better.

The difference between the selected and not selected images for both the pass and play and permadeath buttons are subtle, potentially making it too difficult to tell if they are off or on.

When playing in pass and play mode, the cards in character's hands are partially transparent, allowing you to see parts of the cards underneath them. Again, I am on iOS 9.2.1 if that is a platform specific issue.

Is the attack type or keywords shown anywhere on the main screen?
When using Kyra to fight a Shadow, she gets a d8 and the magic trait added to her attack.
Does it show, it should if it doesn't, that my attack is now magic because that's a factor in what the Shadow does?
I know the Lore, undead icon pops up but can it stay up, like a card, so you can see that the magic trait is already in use so you don't have to expend another card.

I feel like some game UI choices are made based on experienced players and that one should have all powers memorized. If I did, this wouldn't be an issue. But I don't, and I shouldn't.
More information is always a good thing.

Edited by PinkRose
  • Like 1

Merisiel handed a card to Kyra.  Screen was still explaining how to hand a card even though the next button was highlighted.  Game allowed me to hand a second card over.

When finishing the Poison Pill, screen showed that i had 924 gold plus the 100 i got for finishing the scenario.  Vault showed i had 1028 gold.  Next I did Black Fangs Dungeon.  Earned 38 gold during the scenario.  The screen showed that i had 1066 gold plus the 100 I got for finishing the scenario.  Vault showed that i had 1170 gold.

One feature that I see that is missing is for villains who have sequential checks to defeat, PACG rules allows different characters at the same location to perform the checks. When I faced Ripnugget and Stickfoot, the app did not allow me to pick a different character than the first to attempt the second check.

There's a pinkish card and hand icon just above the "Combat" header for the check. Click that and it will let you switch characters for one of the checks!

Merisiel handed a card to Kyra.  Screen was still explaining how to hand a card even though the next button was highlighted.  Game allowed me to hand a second card over.

When finishing the Poison Pill, screen showed that i had 924 gold plus the 100 i got for finishing the scenario.  Vault showed i had 1028 gold.  Next I did Black Fangs Dungeon.  Earned 38 gold during the scenario.  The screen showed that i had 1066 gold plus the 100 I got for finishing the scenario.  Vault showed that i had 1170 gold.

Game seems to always allow you hand two cards over. Might be intended.

There is a feature - albeit not very obvious to those who haven't been playing the digital version for a while.  On the skill check panel (which shows check type and difficulty, and allows you to switch your checks), when there are multiple characters at that location, there will be a purpleish checkbox that will appear that you can use to select another character for one of the checks.

When you go to the Story option, it shows your saved games.

1. The date is backwards. Month-Date-Year please.

Backwards to American standards.  To the best of my knowledge, day/month/year is the norm in Europe and the like (and, in my humble opinion, makes more sense). ;)

I'll pass it on in case they want to change it, or otherwise clarify it in acknowledgement of that difference, though.

Is the attack type or keywords shown anywhere on the main screen?

When using Kyra to fight a Shadow, she gets a d8 and the magic trait added to her attack.

Does it show, it should if it doesn't, that my attack is now magic because that's a factor in what the Shadow does?

I know the Lore, undead icon pops up but can it stay up, like a card, so you can see that the magic trait is already in use so you don't have to expend another card.

I feel like some game UI choices are made based on experienced players and that one should have all powers memorized. If I did, this wouldn't be an issue. But I don't, and I shouldn't.

More information is always a good thing.

I agree that more information is always a good thing - the challenge we've faced throughout the creation of this game has been how to inform people of everything they need to know without making the UI a complete mess.  I think the team has done a pretty good job with handling that.  However, we don't currently display added traits as with Kyra's power.  It's definitely a good thing to know!  I'll be sure to pass that oversight on. :)

So finally got through the tutorial and B, but then have some problems. 1- when I tried to try quest 1, the game won't do anything. Can't play 1 or 2. 2- when I tried to play B again with the same characters it restarts me with new characters. 3- when I go to check the store all I get is the IU with nothing in it.

Playing on a Lenovo Yoga tablet 2

Edit:  So I got over the issue with the Store by making my own account.  That allows me to get into the store.  I tried to do the season pass but the game is telling me to log into my gmail account, which I am already logged into.  And there isn't a way to log into my gmail account from the interface.  So I tried to log out and log back in but now I am stuck with some message saying "something something something blocked out by the login/back buttons" then "the maximum API requst rate and is being trottled."

I can't log back into the game unless I use my Facebook account which causes me problems with the store.

Real money purchases are disabled for the Beta - and the Season Pass is only purchasable with real money.  The not being logged in error message is Android's strange way of saying that you aren't able to purchase it in the beta mode.  For the duration of the beta, you can only purchase chests, characters, or adventures. 

There is a known issue with Facebook accounts and the store - its mentioned it Mikey's first post. 

• Like 1

Merisiel has no dialogue in the text boxes in the cut scenes before and after 1-3.

Yup conversation is still getting some finishing touches.

Or...

Nathan might be toying with silent protagonist conversations. :)

It's totally in character for Merisiel. I always pictured her as a woman of few words, seeing as she spends so much time at locations alone.

There is a feature - albeit not very obvious to those who haven't been playing the digital version for a while.  On the skill check panel (which shows check type and difficulty, and allows you to switch your checks), when there are multiple characters at that location, there will be a purpleish checkbox that will appear that you can use to select another character for one of the checks.

Thanks. Several users chimed in and helped on that one.

And finally, after a fun ride, the app has gone completely belly up for me. I was playing 1-5 when I encountered a Goblin Warchanter with Merisiel. I failed the wisdom check, so no weapons. I switched over to Harsk and attempted to use his special ability to recharge a card to add a D4, and the wisdom check for the Goblin Warchanter came up again. Then it got stuck like the previous three times I posted. Except now I can't quit and reload the game. I tried hitting Continue on the main screen. Nothing. Went to Story mode and clicked the arrow under the saved game. Nothing. Sounds like it's time for a reinstall.

• Like 1

"Backwards to American standards.  To the best of my knowledge, day/month/year is the norm in Europe and the like (and, in my humble opinion, makes more sense)."

Well day/month/year definitely, but I think that it would be best to put those according the user setting and/or country checking.

• Like 1

In Approach to Thistletop, when the d4 is added to the difficulty of the combat check for Gogmurt, the difficulty resets to the default valie if you switch between characters. Also, after Merisiel completed the first combat, I hit the pink switch button to see what Kyra had and the button disappeared. I feel like I should be able to switch back and forth, checking dice pools and making the better choice.

• Like 1

Anyone figure out how to use cards you bought yet? I bought 5 total chests and got many cards, but only two cards show up in the card list, and I can't figure out how to add them to my deck?

Is this feature just not fully built, yet?

Ok this one might be a bit difficult to track down so I am going to list what I have done until now in case that affects anything:

Played through the tutorial, Brigandoom! on both regular and heroic mode, played Poison Pill on normal.  Game prompted that the questing mode was now unlocked so I left the scenarios to try it out.  Ran through one quest.  This leveled up Merisiel and Kyra three times.  Chose the power fest of weapon proficiency for both of them.  (Also saw and acquired ally 2 Horgus Gwerm during the quest.  I don't think I should have been able to encounter or acquire a deck 2 card with starting deck characters.)  Went back to the story line and discovered it had been reset.  Started up Brigandoom! again.  Lots of bad luck rolls resulted in Merisiel being knocked out.  Kyra trudged on.  Encountered and acquired a warhammer.  Ran into a sneak.  Discarded the warhammer to fight the sneak.  Kyra shouldn't be proficient with weapons but the -4 is not being applied.  

Nevermind.  Not a bug, just a player issue.   When we play the physical card game my group simply subtracts 4 from the check in this situation instead of adding to the difficulty.  ;)  My error.  Please ignore.  Nothing to see here, move along.....

Running through Brigandoom! on medium difficulty level. I have the Woods and Farmhouse both closed, and I'm trying to move Merisiel to meet up with Kyra at the Waterfront. I can't seem to click on anything on the movement screen, so I seem to be essentially stuck on this screen.

Running on an Android emulator (Droid 4X).

When moving to the temple after it has been permanently closed, you are still required to discard 1 card.

Superior Wooden Shield is missing its art.

When switching between characters, the deck size for the other locations is not reflecting the correct amount.  For example, Kyra is at the woods and it is permanently closed.  Merisiel's location has 4 remaining cards.  It is Kyra's turn.  If I switch to looking at Merisel, Merisiel's location will state 0 cards in it.  The totals for the types of cards are correct.  It is just the overall total that appears affected.

When moving to the temple after it has been permanently closed, you are still required to discard 1 card.

That is actually how Temple is supposed to work, even when closed. The card text needs to stay displayed while it is closed, and it might be handy for there to be a warning before you move, or something.

• Like 1