Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Story mode, permadeath on, playing Perils of the Lost Coast with Sajan, scenario is Black Fang's Dungeon. I choose Temple as my starting location. Right after than, when the map is panned over and the words Lost Coast show in the bottom left, the locations are out of place. My temple was located out in the water, and I think the other locations were shifted up as well. No picture right now as it happened rather fast.

We'll keep an eye on that, but realistically I'd expect our official support be for greater than 1GB RAM.

If so, under iOS, the game will officially run on only the iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.  As such, I'd highly recommend ensuring it will run without issue on 1 GB iPads.

Edited by Mysterio

We'll keep an eye on that, but realistically I'd expect our official support be for greater than 1GB RAM.

If so, under iOS, the game will officially run on only the iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.  As such, I'd highly recommend ensuring it will run without issue on 1 GB iPads.

I am running on an iPad 4th generation and have not experienced the game crashing at all.  It may be a combination of cpu and ram leading to the performance issues.  Ebee tried my iPad and remarked that it was smoother and crisper than the tablet she was playing on (before her husband got her a new one).  According to wikipedia (man I hate saying those words) the iPad 4th generation has the following specs:

The device has an Apple A6X SoC which comprises a 32-bit Apple Swift dual-core CPU running at 1.4 GHz and a quad-core PowerVR SGX554MP4 GPU, 1 GB of RAM.

After my solo Sajan died I permadeath mode when failing against Blankfang, it brought me back to the character selection screen. Sajan was blacked out with a skull on him. However, I still put him in my party, turned off permadeath, and was able to start a new party with a new Sajan. The adventure still had the old scenario progress unlocked so my new Sajan could start right with Blackfang. However, all of old Sajan's cards were available for new Sajan to use in his deck. This should not have happened! Furthermore, after completing Blackfang's Dungeon, new Sajan earned both the scenario and adventure reward, even though he did not complete Poison Pill or Brigandoom.

After my solo Sajan died I permadeath mode when failing against Blankfang, it brought me back to the character selection screen. Sajan was blacked out with a skull on him. However, I still put him in my party, turned off permadeath, and was able to start a new party with a new Sajan. The adventure still had the old scenario progress unlocked so my new Sajan could start right with Blackfang. However, all of old Sajan's cards were available for new Sajan to use in his deck. This should not have happened! Furthermore, after completing Blackfang's Dungeon, new Sajan earned both the scenario and adventure reward, even though he did not complete Poison Pill or Brigandoom.

I fixed the scenario/adventure reward bug earlier this week (but it's not included in the next beta load). You should not be able to re-add a permadead character to your party. I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

There seems to be problem at armor recharge option at the end of turn.

iPad. Normal game.

Or then I don't see where it is done

My first guess here would be to make sure that the armor you're trying to recharge actually has that ability, as not all armor does (but it's always listed in the card text when it does). Otherwise, before end of turn, when you're ready to have the discard phase, press the trash can icon at top of screen to force the discard phase, and select the armor then; it should have the recharge icon and option available.

Edit: Also, you usually (always?) need to be proficient with armor as a power.

Edited by Deekow

Otherwise, before end of turn, when you're ready to have the discard phase, press the trash can icon at top of screen to force the discard phase, and select the armor then; it should have the recharge icon and option available.

It was that forced discard, that I was not doing. Many thanks! It was not too easy find. In most cases this game does give graphical hint that you can do something.

Some graphical clue like site and character powers have would be nice, or then the discard mode should be forced each round before ending the turn.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Two things when playing ezren today I used detect magic to find a spell, I acquired the spell but his power didn't activate so I couldn't go again this happened with both Sanctuary and Frost Ray.

Never mind answered my own question with digging detect magic is not an encounter

Edited by Ebee

I started to do the scenario Foul Misgivings I put Ezren at Foxglove Manor however I got the following screen upon starting game

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ayz96gew328cj3/Screenshot_2016-03-16-20-05-07.png?dl=0

Who else was in your party?

Is this Beta 1 Build or Beta 2? (the first one or the one that was just released a little bit ago)

I started to do the scenario Foul Misgivings I put Ezren at Foxglove Manor however I got the following screen upon starting game

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ayz96gew328cj3/Screenshot_2016-03-16-20-05-07.png?dl=0

Who else was in your party?

Is this Beta 1 Build or Beta 2? (the first one or the one that was just released a little bit ago)

This was just before the big beta build #2.  When I downloaded the game and went back in, it was working fine.  However, I was in a four person party doing Foul Misgivings and when The Skinsaw Man would come out, I would no longer get the option to temporarily close any locations even though everyone was spread out. 

Beta2 build.

Clicked on Party Selection screen. [bUG] All experienced characters have their decks and feats reset (according to looking at the deck list).

Clicked on experienced characters, I have in my party Valeros, Ezren, Seoni, Sajan.

[FEATURE REQUEST] I can't delete any of these because they are in my adventuring party. The delete button isn't greyed out, it just looks like flat text. It should be greyed out and clicking on it should prompt me to remove the characters from my party.

[bUG] I have experienced characters that I've never used (Merisiel/Kyra).

Beta 2 build. Android Nexus 10.

Party selection screen, click on any character, inspect decklist.

[bUG]

I can't scroll the decklist if there are exactly two cards (one on the left and one on the right) that aren't entirely readable.

For Ezren, who has a lot of unique cards, I can scroll, which lets me see the final cards on the side, but I still can't scroll all the way over and have it stay. Instead I get bounced back to one card over.

I am running on an iPad 4th generation and have not experienced the game crashing at all.  It may be a combination of cpu and ram leading to the performance issues.  Ebee tried my iPad and remarked that it was smoother and crisper than the tablet she was playing on (before her husband got her a new one).  According to wikipedia (man I hate saying those words) the iPad 4th generation has the following specs:

The device has an Apple A6X SoC which comprises a 32-bit Apple Swift dual-core CPU running at 1.4 GHz and a quad-core PowerVR SGX554MP4 GPU, 1 GB of RAM.

A good thing about Apple devices is they almost all run the same type of GPU.  Android, on the other hand, has several different ones.  If you get a build not optimized for your Android GPU, performance issues can be a problem.  We've hopefully addressed this with the Beta 2 build. (I would quite happily be wrong about my initial statement regarding 1GB RAM devices - I want as many people as possible to be able to play the game! :))

Otherwise, before end of turn, when you're ready to have the discard phase, press the trash can icon at top of screen to force the discard phase, and select the armor then; it should have the recharge icon and option available.

It was that forced discard, that I was not doing. Many thanks! It was not too easy find. In most cases this game does give graphical hint that you can do something.

Some graphical clue like site and character powers have would be nice, or then the discard mode should be forced each round before ending the turn.

I'll pass this on and we'll see what we can do.  We've tried to avoid prompting every turn as we thought it'd be annoying, but it should definately be more obvious somehow.

Beta2 build, Opening the app

I get multiple things all at once:

1) Login Successful with an 'x' mark to dismiss

2) Welcome screen asking me to log in/register

Only one of these should be there.

I agree! Known bug - I'll get that added to the list of known issues.

Nexus 6, Beta 2 Build. No Permadeath, No Pass and Play. Story Mode.

Party/Order: Lini, Lem, Harsk, Valeros, Seoni, Merisiel

Location in order: Waterfront, Sandpoint Cathedral, Waterfront, Waterfront, Waterfront, Waterfront

Normal Difficulty

Current Character: Mersiel

First Encounter: Slashing Blade

Play:

Discard thieves' tools to defeat a barrier

Choose to recharge thieves' tool

Tested this multiple ways by quitting and continuing after game hangs. Also killed app and restarted, doesn't help:

1) fail check

2) succeed check

3) succeed check with Harsk aiding with a blessing discard

Slashing Blade is banished.

Game now stuck on Exploration phase of game turn, cannot do anything.

Before resolving recharge thieves' tools check:

https://goo.gl/photos/DBpvAB2e8H8kSU1R9

After resolving thieves' tools check:

https://goo.gl/photos/DHP1Jb1ub9HkbR1y9

During Approach to Thistletop, group consisted of Amiri, Seoni, Lem and Merisel.  Found Gogmurt but was not given the option to be able to close any locations temporarily. 

Mentioned in another thread, and should shortly be in the Known Issues for Beta 2. :)

This also affects Justice Ironbriar and The Skinsaw Man, as well.

Beta 2 Build four person group Amiri lem Seoni and Merisel

Thistle top Delve

Lem got a goblin war chanter failed his wisdom check Amiri decided to shoot her longbowith into combat does she have to make the wisdom check as well? Either way, she failed the wisdom and was unable to help however, she still showed the exclamation point of helpfulness https://www.dropbox.com/s/cephkge2vamteg0/Screenshot_2016-03-17-18-58-56.png?dl=0