What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Just rage quit out of XCOM2.

Seriously annoying how often Central interrupts you with crap. Click scan. "Commander..." Listen to him prattle on. Click scan. "Commander..." Watch cutscene, do mission. "Click Scan. "Commander..." Listen to Bradley, watch cutscene, listen to Bradley. Click Scan. "Commander..." @*&%@ Off!

Well try playing a game with beginners VO disabled. Should help a lot

I will say the whole Infamy mechanic that's been introduced into CK2 is a wee bit odd.

As the guy who reforged the split faith of Orthodox and Catholicism.. I now find whenever I have casus beli or start a holy war against the infidels.. Every single nation in the world forms together to fight me. Including the Christians. And the old Pope.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Decided to give Dark Souls a try once more, since I love the game yet always re-started before ringing the second Bell.

Is it even possible to beat the Capra Demon without cheesing? After cheesing my way out of everything with the Decoy sorcery, I wish to beat the bastard with a direct aproach.

The 3rd murder has just happened in my game of Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders.  Unlike after the first murder, which was seemingly a complete dead end, I have 2 actual suspects after the second murder.  At first glance, the first suspect seems highly unlikely to be the killer and can almost be completely dismissed, while the second suspect seems like they are a strong contender to be the killer.  However, after thinking about it some, I came up with a highly plausible scenario where the first suspect was the killer.  The third murder, which I only just arrived at the scene, has also challenged my initial notion that the murders are unrelated except for alphabetical order, that the killer was picking targets indiscriminately except for the aforementioned going through the alphabet.  It may be a coincidence, but there does seem to be a link between victim 2 and victim 3.

I do love it when games get my cognitive juices flowing like this and have me coming up with theories.  My biggest gripe with the game so far is that it doesn't seem to punish you at all for making mistakes.  For example, when you're connecting clues to come up with a deduction, it seems there is no penalty for trying the wrong set of clues and you could, if necessary, get things by trial and error/process of elimination.  Other than that, it's a pretty good murder mystery.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ultimate General. Fast moving and fun. The key seems to be watching your units' morale and making them fall back if it's too low, and turning on the topographic map and moving your artillery up to the front line preferably on a hill.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Finished the Jack the Ripper DLC for AC Syndicate.  A bit disappointed in the reveal of who Jack was.  I thought they were hinting at a different character that would have actually been a bit cooler.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

In an unexpected twist, they have literally shown me the killer in Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders, unless they're going to pull a hardcore Russo swerve on me later on.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I will say the whole Infamy mechanic that's been introduced into CK2 is a wee bit odd.

As the guy who reforged the split faith of Orthodox and Catholicism.. I now find whenever I have casus beli or start a holy war against the infidels.. Every single nation in the world forms together to fight me. Including the Christians. And the old Pope.

Good to know Paradox is adding weird mechanics that don't really work to CK2 just as they have been to EU4, too. :p

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Installed Skyrim and realised I'd have to spend an evening installing my mods, uninstalled :getlost:

Only one evening? :p

Still playing Dark Souls. Killed Capra in less than fifteen tries with no cheesing, saved a pyromancer and dove deep into the Catacombs to save a damsel in distress. Now that she is safe, I am trying to run my way back from the Tomb of Giants because it is way beyond what I am ready to face, but Hell on Whells either kills me or gets me so weak the skelletons finish the job with one hit.

Still my favorite game ever.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

Yeah, going into the Catacombs...and especially going into the Tomb of the Giants...is a really bad idea before going to Anor Londo - it's so hard to get out. Naturally, it's what I did when I was going through the game for the first time...:p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Maybe Tomb of the giants is best to leave for later, but Catacombs are early game stuff, and even Tomb is doable, BUT getting back from there is tough.  Killing Pinwheel as soon as possible is only beneficial to the player and skeletons are only annoying until you kill the first necro and realize they don't respawn anymore. Then there's so many shortcuts down  that you're at the end in a minute, then you can just warp back to the upper bonfire after killing the boss and leave easily.  I haven't used the second bonfire there ever.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Actualy, I finaly managed to make my way back after saving said damsel in distress, after many tries and some Decoy cheesing. It was fun, and gave many big soul items :D.

Now, destiny: Blighttown. Killed Gaping Dragon with relative ease (3 tries and all my gold pine resin :p).

I just hope I am not too far away from the arcane ember. My +4 Halberd just aint going to cut it anymore.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

Well if you wanted enchanted you didn't even have to go to Blighttown. The ember is located in the Darkroot Garden in the forested area behind the locked door, where there was once a big invasion zone for forest covenant.

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Well if you wanted enchanted you didn't even have to go to Blighttown. The ember is located in the Darkroot Garden in the forested area behind the locked door, where there was once a big invasion zone for forest covenant.

Oh. Nice to know, never explored that area due to starting a new game every time I give DS a try.

I was going to pick up Dying Light: The Following, but it was out of stock at Wal-mart when I went there.

A part of me is glad I didn't.  It sounds like the edition they're selling includes the base game.  I don't want the base game.  I have the original.  I just want The Following expansion.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was going to pick up Dying Light: The Following, but it was out of stock at Wal-mart when I went there.

A part of me is glad I didn't.  It sounds like the edition they're selling includes the base game.  I don't want the base game.  I have the original.  I just want The Following expansion.

I'm not sure if they sell a physical copy of just the expansion.  I started playing it today.  It's super fun.  Driving was the one thing from Dead Island I really missed not having in Dying Light.  Running over zombies never gets old.  The new area is quite big and has a lot more open spaces than Haran.  The buggy is super fun to drive too.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸