Attacks in Paris

Malcador

You gotta admit it's really bad PR for Islam. People want easy solutions, they are always looking for scapegoats, so when something like this happens they wonder what else is wrong with the muslim religion, since it has so much room for this kind of thing. 

There aren't that many religions where you so often hear of people shouting 'god is great' while committing atrocities, not anymore anyway. Of course it's all politics and all shades of gray, and religion is just a tool in an asymmetrical battlefield. 

It has less to do with specific religion and more with the region from where it all comes from. I live in Russia and we have millions of muslims, and most of them don't cause any problems whatsoever. 

really? *cought* Chechna *cought*

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

You gotta admit it's really bad PR for Islam. People want easy solutions, they are always looking for scapegoats, so when something like this happens they wonder what else is wrong with the muslim religion, since it has so much room for this kind of thing. 

There aren't that many religions where you so often hear of people shouting 'god is great' while committing atrocities, not anymore anyway. Of course it's all politics and all shades of gray, and religion is just a tool in an asymmetrical battlefield. 

It has less to do with specific religion and more with the region from where it all comes from. I live in Russia and we have millions of muslims, and most of them don't cause any problems whatsoever. 

You mean after the civil war where you had to deal with them with fire and iron (killed about 24000), until they realized it was better to roll over and give up? That is the language they understand, yes.

Don't take this as an accusation, I couldn't care less about chechens - just a statement of fact.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Chechnya what? Just as i said, it's a region, not a religion. Causes of that war were socio-economical, it had nothing to do with Islam per se. Just because some use it as a shield doesn't mean anything.

You mean after the civil war where you had to deal with them with fire and iron (killed about 24000), until they realized it was better to roll over and give up? That is the language they understand, yes.

Don't take this as an accusation, I couldn't care less about chechens - just a statement of fact.

You do realise that Chechnya is only one small Islamic region out of many in Russia?

Edited by Sakai
  • Like 1

Chechnya what? Just as i said, it's a region, not a religion. Causes of that war were socio-economical, it had nothing to do with Islam per se. Just because some use it as a shield doesn't mean anything.

You do realise that Chechnya is only one small Islamic region out of many in Russia?

Yeah and after you were finished with Chechnya every muslim now thinks twice before attacking Russia

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The region may be small, but the war sure wasn't. Anyway, your point is wrong. Most of the terrorists come from various muslim countries and the ideology of jihad is represented everywhere, although not equally. Besides, the muslim faith doesn't recognize nation states.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The region may be small, but the war sure wasn't.

Your point?

Anyway, your point is wrong. Most of the terrorists come from various muslim countries and the ideology of jihad is represented everywhere, although not equally. Besides, the muslim faith doesn't recognize nation states.

Are you sure? Because i remember hearing that more people die in US from right-wing terrorism than from Islamic one... 

Edited by Sakai
  • Like 1

In my mind the best way to respond to these attacks is not to let yourself be taken over by emotions of fear or anger and paranoia of everyone who looks Middle-Eastern. Because that's exactly what these terrorists want.

They have already succeeded in that. People were suspicious over the "refugees" before and now they are even more so. Few more strikes and the paranoia, anger and fear will take over for good in most countries.

EU ****ed up when they did not control their borders properly allowing just about anyone just waltz in. It doesn't help that some of these so called refugees are partying like mad and waving only 100 euro bills in their hands and driving around in taxis.

What they should have done is that they should have taken in people from the actual refugee camps and send everyone else back where they came from. Now it's too late for that and no one knows how many (if any) ISIS members are just waiting for their turn to strike which leads to even more paranoia, fear and anger.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Right, the invasion of Dagestan by chechen and international terrorists with the aim of creating one big Islamic caliphate that started the second war was "socio-economical". The Caucasus Emirate that they call themselves now is all about socio-economic problems. And the thousands of Caucasian professional jihadies that go to fight for ISIS are also concerned with socio-economical problems.

Socio-economical motivations died a long time ago in the 90s.

European immigration policies are... foolish, inconsistent, insensible, and irrational

Among East Asians, (i.e., Chinese, Koreans and Japanese,) immigration to Europe is widely known as being extremely difficult. I know plenty of East Asians who are high-skilled scientists, engineers, university graduates, (and they are atheists and fairly Westernized,) have tried but were unable to immigrate to Europe. I have met and worked with plenty of them.  The only Asians I know who have successfully immigrated to Europe (including my own sister) were Asian women who married into the countries.

Yet the excessive immigration hurdles faced by East Asians in Europe are not uniformed across all different groups.  Muslims, Arabs and Middle Easterners - who are also called "Asians" in Europe, IMO incorrectly and confusingly so - are welcomed into Europe without much immigration hurdles.  So this is what East Asians think of Europe when the topic comes up in our discussions: Europe does not want high-skilled East Asians who are generally peacefully, do not make troubles, do not adhere to any teaching that encourages its followers to bombs or kills dozens or hundreds of people at a time, do not use sword - or guns and bombs - to spread a homicidal religion.   Instead, Europe wants Muslims who have a religious agenda, want to immigrate but keep their own religious belief that does not mix well with European cultures, and want to convert Europe into Islamic when they have enough masses.

I do not understand what Europe has been thinking, but I think their  immigration policies are f---ed up.

I think you've got immigrants confused with refugees here.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Right, the invasion of Dagestan by chechen and international terrorists with the aim of creating one big Islamic caliphate that started the second war was "socio-economical". The Caucasus Emirate that they call themselves now is all about socio-economic problems. And the thousands of Caucasian professional jihadies that go to fight for ISIS are also concerned with socio-economical problems.

Socio-economical motivations died a long time ago in the 90s.

And? What you said has nothing to do with my point. Which is that Chechnya is only one small region and what happened there had nothing to do with Islam per se, but other factors. 

And? What you said has nothing to do with my point. Which is that Chechnya is only one small region and what happened there had nothing to do with Islam per se, but other factors. 

And what and? The aim of chechen terrorists to create an Islamic state has very much a great deal to do with Islam.

And what and? The aim of chechen terrorists to create an Islamic state has very much a great deal to do with Islam.

And german soldiers had "Gott mit uns" on their belts during WW2. So what? Explain how muslims in Tatarstan are responsible for ramblings of some lunatics in Chechnya. 

And german soldiers had "Gott mit uns" on their belts during WW2. So what? Explain how muslims in Tatarstan are responsible for ramblings of some lunatics in Chechnya. 

Who says they are responsible?

But we should stop pretending like Islam has nothing to do with it when these people are telling you they are killing so they can live under Islamic law. It's not at all the same with the Nazis, this shouldn't have to be explained.

Who says they are responsible?

But we should stop pretending like Islam has nothing to do with it when these people are telling you they are killing so they can live under Islamic law. It's not at all the same with the Nazis, this shouldn't have to be explained.

Then explain to me why Islam is responsible for what happened in Chechnya, yet everywhere else in Russia muslims manage to live happily with everyone else without any problems. Surely if it was at least in some way the cause of what happened, something similar would've happened elsewhere? Or why Christianity hasn't been banned yet, since there was plenty of killing done in its name too. Also, this story is interesting. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22356306 Almost like it doesn't matter what your religion is teaching you, hateful people will always find a way and some excuse to hate. 

And german example is very much relevant. Sure, religion wasn't the main part of their ideology, but then again where do you think hatred of jews came from exactly? Christianity, of course.

Islam facilities this extremism because it's the least tolerant of the modern faiths. Apparently it's going to take a few more attacks for Europe's politicians to admit it this. The refugees should be granted asylum in europe, but temporary asylum. When things clear up back in their own countries they should be sent back. 

Islam facilities this extremism because it's the least tolerant of the modern faiths. Apparently it's going to take a few more attacks for Europe's politicians to admit it this. The refugees should be granted asylum in europe, but temporary asylum. When things clear up back in their own countries they should be sent back. 

Well, looks like you never visited Indonesia, Malaysia or Maldives. Visiting these countries, would tell you much more about how Islam really is, compared to Fox News...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Then explain to me why Islam is responsible for what happened in Chechnya, yet everywhere else in Russia muslims manage to live happily with everyone else without any problems. Surely if it was at least in some way the cause of what happened, something similar would've happened elsewhere? Or why Christianity hasn't been banned yet, since there was plenty of killing done in its name too. Also, this story is interesting. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22356306 Almost like it doesn't matter what your religion is teaching you, hateful people will always find a way and some excuse to hate. 

And german example is very much relevant. Sure, religion wasn't the main part of their ideology, but then again where do you think hatred of jews came from exactly? Christianity, of course.

I am not sure why you think I like Christianity. They just no longer breed nearly as many a-holes. Part of it is precisely because people don't give Christianity a pass. No one cares for example about marriage and homosexuality being uncomfortable for Christians. But they will bend over backwards and spread their butt cheeks for Islam. 

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 1

The problem with that is it could take many years if not decades until the war is officially over, nobody knows, until then we have to take care of millions of people who can't get work because employers don't want to give them jobs since its impossible to predict how long they can stay. The war could be over in months...or in years. The economy crisis is hitting everyone hard, the last thing we can afford is babysitting and feeding a ton of refugees for years, thats completely out of the question. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Well, looks like you never visited Indonesia, Malaysia or Maldives. Visiting these countries, would tell you much more about how Islam really is

Those aren't exactly great places.

Indonesian women wishing to join the armed forces and police force, and also those planning to marry military officers, have had to quietly undergo a humiliating procedure known as the “virginity test.

The invasive two-finger virginity test, which the World Health Organization slams as having “no scientific validity” and which Indonesia’s National Commission on Violence Against Women condemns as a form of sexual violence, is a recurring topic in Indonesia. Public officials and legislators frequently float an idea to impose virginity tests, particularly on schoolgirls.

Last February, a city councilor of Jember, in eastern Java, suggested that graduating middle-school students should be required to take virginity tests. “If she is not a virgin, she can’t graduate,” he said. In late 2013, the education chief of Prabumulih, in South Sumatra province, proposed the test as a requirement for female students to enter high school. Both ideas, as with others, were shelved following public outcry.

Source