Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

Volo in a perfect world where my ideas and views were real I won't lie to you that there would be an element of censorship but this would be purely to remove certain perspectives that are intransigent and unhelpful to a stable and prosperous society

That attitude of censoring views that are intransigent and unhelpful to a stable and prosperous society is ironically unhelpful to a stable and prosperous society.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Volo in a perfect world where my ideas and views were real I won't lie to you that there would be an element of censorship but this would be purely to remove certain perspectives that are intransigent and unhelpful to a stable and prosperous society

That attitude of censoring views that are intransigent and unhelpful to a stable and prosperous society is ironically unhelpful to a stable and prosperous society.

Oh you are clever my friend....that may not be true but its definitely worth considering as ultimately it may undermine my utopia society

I didn't expect anyone to analyze my post that logically ...you a naughty boy. I am use to people not commenting in these types of exchanges :biggrin: 

Okay I need to ponder this for a while .... but I promise to reply

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Meanwhile back at the ranch: Germaine Greer is now a misogynist apparently.

I'm going to guess she said boys have a **** and girls have a vagina. 

Pretty much. Said you can't be a woman just by declaring it and getting castrated. I think it was in response to Caitlyn Jenner being named Glamour Magazine's woman of the year.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"You would be banned almost immediately for a 3 month period to give you time to reflect on your nonconstructive comments  ...you see I do believe in people finding redemption and changing there ways"

You are the type person who would murder me and claim you did it out of love - kinda like the parents who kill their kids and claim it wa sbecause said kids were 'possessed'.

Because here is a NEWFLASH: My opinion on TRUE freedom would never changing and if you think that taking away my freedom like a TRUE nazi would somehow make me anti freedom you really are delusion.

You are no different than extremist religiou nut cases who want to ban and burn anything including books that offend them.

Uh... Your poor feels. :(

:lol:  :lol:

Dude there is no doubt you are really weird and really funny....I mean really funny

The first time most people will ever talk to you on a forum like this they will think you are some kind of delusional troll...yet you are actually very intelligent and often make valid points and these points are at times ignored because they reveal a stark irrefutable truth that for many people they just can't accept for a number of reasons 

So classic example of this is how someone will create this post of several detailed and comprehensive criticisms of a game or an aspect of a game, like Qistina in the DA debate...dude you really made me laugh in that discussion , and you will respond with  a one or two line  disagreement that goes something like " So you hate freedom of expression...you don't accept  ideas different to yours. Thats EVIL.....you are guilttty ( and always with your iconic mispelled words and bad grammar )  :biggrin:

And as I said you are often right but sometimes you are wrong 

But I am having an after party  now with that lady I met last night and her friends, I showed them your post and they all cracked up with laughter...they think you are a legend. And your post is really funny  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, who cares if the Arab Spring depended on Twitter for people to organize? Who cares whenever major private companies try to control the flow of information? No one.

So you want to protect freedom by controlling major private companies?

There are a gajillion social media options out there.  Twitter will not be at the top forever, and if they make moves that end up making themselves obsolete, they get to hang out with Myspace in the has been pile.  Sounds like a win-win.  

You assume much, chief. I said that Twitter is ****ed in the head for doing this, not that government should control them. Where did you get that silly idea from?

My point is that people all over the world where they do not have the freedom to associate and to express themselves are dependent on these platforms, most often american ones since you guys have freedom written into the constitution, and that it is quite troubling, if not very worrysome when companies seems to be hellbent on restricting these very freedoms on the whims of their PR departments. Sure, there are alternatives and new ones will spring up, but i find it a serious issue when this very freedom constantly being pushed around, controlled, and even more serious when people seem to be totally unaware of the consequences of such.

Sorry for the belated response but if there are seriously people who would rely on a medium like Twitter for there primary source of information and or direction then unfortunately   they would be constantly at a disadvantage as social media is not considered a reliable source of information 

It was never meant to be that and if you are honest you would realize and accept that

So once again  to reiterate the point, it makes no substantial difference if Twitter is censored or monitored 

*sigh*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But I am having an after party  now with that lady I met last night and her friends, I showed them your post and they all cracked up with laughter...they think you are a legend. And your post is really funny  thumbsup.gif

Congratulations, BruceVC, that's the first time you've made me physically cringe. Upping the ante, as always. :)

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

But I am having an after party  now with that lady I met last night and her friends, I showed them your post and they all cracked up with laughter...they think you are a legend. And your post is really funny  thumbsup.gif

Congratulations, BruceVC, that's the first time you've made me physically cringe. Upping the ante, as always. :)

:lol:

" physically cringe "  ....you make me laugh. 

Barti our miss our chats  ;( I wish you would stop ignoring me, sometimes you say the funniest things...you can be such a drama queen. I don't mind if you only want to insult my posts, I will take whatever interaction you are prepared to  offer. You must understand that with all the people I know there are very few  people who have your views on certain topics so I like to understand more about what you think about things 

John Milton 

You don't understand, Volo posts are like an aphrodisiac. The amount of times I've gotten my lady in the mood by showing her a random uttering of "EVIL NAZI"... Bruce definitely closed the deal with all those ladies. It's definitely not sad to spend an after party showing girls forum posts. Not sad at all.

• Like 4

Yeah, who cares if the Arab Spring depended on Twitter for people to organize? Who cares whenever major private companies try to control the flow of information? No one.

There are a gajillion social media options out there.  Twitter will not be at the top forever, and if they make moves that end up making themselves obsolete, they get to hang out with Myspace in the has been pile.  Sounds like a win-win.  

You assume much, chief. I said that Twitter is ****ed in the head for doing this, not that government should control them. Where did you get that silly idea from?

My point is that people all over the world where they do not have the freedom to associate and to express themselves are dependent on these platforms, most often american ones since you guys have freedom written into the constitution, and that it is quite troubling, if not very worrysome when companies seems to be hellbent on restricting these very freedoms on the whims of their PR departments. Sure, there are alternatives and new ones will spring up, but i find it a serious issue when this very freedom constantly being pushed around, controlled, and even more serious when people seem to be totally unaware of the consequences of such.

Sorry for the belated response but if there are seriously people who would rely on a medium like Twitter for there primary source of information and or direction then unfortunately   they would be constantly at a disadvantage as social media is not considered a reliable source of information 

It was never meant to be that and if you are honest you would realize and accept that

So once again  to reiterate the point, it makes no substantial difference if Twitter is censored or monitored 

*sigh*

I am surprised you couldn't make a normal response? My points weren't hard to understand ?

John Milton 

You don't understand, Volo posts are like an aphrodisiac. The amount of times I've gotten my lady in the mood by showing her a random uttering of "EVIL NAZI"... Bruce definitely closed the deal with all those ladies. It's definitely not sad to spend an after party showing girls forum posts. Not sad at all.

Well yes after parties are normal in South Africa, I wasn't having sex with anyone. It was a group of guys and girls, we smoke week, drink alcohol, listen to music and talk ****

I like the one girl but I don't know her, I didn't even try to make a move. I will take her out for dinner this week, its just nice to have people around when we are all grieving after the Rugby

Oh TN I'm using the edit like you asked, I can see what you meant   8)

Oh and I'm surprised but very appreciative  that you can see what I was saying. I know I have frustrated you several times in the past where you dont talk to me for a while which is always sad for me because I like your views and find you to be a reasonable person even if we don't always agree

So I never really expect you to support me because I know on forums if someone annoys a person that person will just ignore them and typically wont agree with them even they feel they right

And also sometimes I just am not sure why people ignore me ....I try to understand but often its a mystery and there are generally a group that always ignores me. But because there are people who generally always respond I tend to focus on that but always enjoy when someone does start talking to me again

And I'm not one of those who says things like  " I don't care if people dont like me " ...I do care, I want everyone to like me but we have to realistic. Some of my views are considered ...extreme? condescending? incongruous?

The point being there will  be people who just don't want to engage with me for some reason or the other, its happened at every forum I have ever been on and I feel people have a right to talk to who they want 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

*sigh*

I am surprised you couldn't make a normal response? My points weren't hard to understand ?

Everything is clearly answered in the video provided, but as usual you snivel yourself out with non-sequiturs. It doesn't matter what you think about how reliable any social platform is, which is utterly pointless, when the point is that they are the ones that are used whether you like it or not and can be centralized, manipulated or at worst directed, whether you like it or not.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh Bruce, I've missed your posts in this thread so much.

I think deep down everyone in this thread knows that we need you. You're like our muse.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Meanwhile back at the ranch: Germaine Greer is now a misogynist apparently.

I'm going to guess she said boys have a **** and girls have a vagina. 

Pretty much. Said you can't be a woman just by declaring it and getting castrated. I think it was in response to Caitlyn Jenner being named Glamour Magazine's woman of the year.

Hahahahaha, what?!

I must've missed that completely. That has to be the greatest insult to any woman everywhere. Hear that ladies? The ultimate showcase for what a woman is and for all the virtues it signifies is a MAN deciding to cut his balls off. Hahahahahaha!

Dear lord, i cannot stop laughing! Hahahahhahaha

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Imagine how other transgender women feel, who don't have money or a massive support network and whose transformations often take gruelling years. But no, the easy-mode transgender gets woman of the year because... well, famous and it sells and people will talk about it for free publicity.

• Like 2

*sigh*

Everything is clearly answered in the video provided, but as usual you snivel yourself out with non-sequiturs. It doesn't matter what you think about how reliable any social platform is, which is utterly pointless, when the point is that they are the ones that are used whether you like it or not and can be centralized, manipulated or at worst directed, whether you like it or not.

OH...okay let me watch it,  my bad I assumed it was an annoying joke :)

Oh and the whole " BruceVC you don't ever answer questions "  is so "  6 months old BruceVC posting etiquette " 

Nowadays I try to respond to all questions meaningfully if the person wants to debate in good faith. You are thinking about the old BruceVC from the GG debates where I admitted I had a misunderstanding  :yes:

John Milton 

If you really want to complain about Jenner then complain that she's getting acclaim for having done nothing and that the whole "manslaughter" thing is getting swept under the rug by her advocates, not that she's trans.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Imagine how other transgender women feel, who don't have money or a massive support network and whose transformations often take gruelling years. But no, the easy-mode transgender gets woman of the year because... well, famous and it sells and people will talk about it for free publicity.

That's already a given.

EDIT:// I do not really care if someone feels like they are born with the wrong sex, seek therapy, talk to doctors, check the options, whatever. Live & let live and all that, but how the media portrays this "woman" is absolutely hilarious. Everyone loses either their sanity or hope and all while the devils run amok.

Found the Greer video:

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Oh Bruce, I've missed your posts in this thread so much.

I think deep down everyone in this thread knows that we need you. You're like our muse.

Thanks, thats a nice thing to say

I'll be honest it doesnt feel like people appreciate  me but this is a forum and  I have to take some responsibility for some perceptions because I am guilty of being unintentionally condescending and being knowingly  condescending at times  :biggrin:

And end of the day I have to try to be true to my principles and SJ code but that doesn't mean I should now always feel I have to  criticize other people "who are in flagrant disregard of the Internet SJ code.,.,,and of course that means all white, male gamers need to change and accept change is coming and they  must stop trying to marginalize women and being sexist " 

That type of patronizing, irritating, unhelpful and exaggerated hyperbole and rhetoric just annoys me now ....I realized a while ago that many aspects of anti-GG was just as bad if not worse than what they claim GG is about 

And I feel I did initially betray my SJ code by automatically supporting anti-GG and people like Alexander and Anita

And yet they are also in contravention of certain fundamental SJ points yet they don't seem to see this and are very happy with the dichotomy that now exists between GG and anti-GG and this rift shouldn't  exist if you consider the fact that most people on both sides really the same. They all gamers, developers or other people associated with gaming

And yet by playing the sexism and inclusivity  card and attacking all white, male gamers and generalizing they forced many people to take sides and feel they had to vociferously support one side or the other

And finally who are these people that have  become acolytes and or neophytes in this " great struggle for gaming equality " 

Well they are people like you guys...and who are you really? You just gamers who want to play games and support a beloved hobby and chat on gaming forums. You aren't sexist ....you aren't misogynists. But you are white, male gamers and so what? And yet you have been made to feel like you are part of this historic agenda to discriminate against women.

Its not right....they went after easy targets who don't play the SJ game in RL who then sadly played right into there hands with the creation of GG. Ironically GG became exactly what they wanted...something to highlight and vilify as the symbolism of white, male arrogance, resistance and intransigence. Now they have an enemy that even the international media know about,   Of course GG hasn't been faultless..the Zoe Quinn incident is deplorable. 

And the next part you may not like but you guys seem to have some very bad "leaders and spokesmen for GG" 

People like Milo who just makes things more dramatic and raises tension. He is also manipulating the situation, he also understands the SJ game very well in RL as he has had years to understand how to gain real sympathy due to his sexual orientation and his own trials around how he was subjected to homophobia 

Suddenly he " is very concerned how gamers are treated" by  " an army of sociopathic feminist programmers and campaigners, abetted by achingly politically correct American tech bloggers " ...come on. And many people in GG loved this and immediately supported his position...yet he knows very well how he can gain support from  GG by simply taking a certain stand. 

And he was the one who originally said gamers were  " pungent beta male bollock-scratchers and twelve-year-olds' and 'a bit sad" 

So he is hypocrite, a narcissist and frankly he doens't care how far the rift continues ...as long as some people think he has some relevance and support him for his " honest and shrewd views "  he will happily continue to create articles that incite gamers and he will play his fiddle while Rome burns 

So in summary I stay mostly out of GG and anti-GG because it tainted me for a while and I got distracted from focusing on real SJ in RL 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

*sigh*

OH...okay let me watch it,  my bad I assumed it was an annoying joke :)

Oh and the whole " BruceVC you don't ever answer questions "  is so "  6 months old BruceVC posting etiquette " 

Nowadays I try to respond to all questions meaningfully if the person wants to debate in good faith. You are thinking about the old BruceVC from the GG debates where I admitted I had a misunderstanding  :yes:

Okay I watched the whole video. Before I say my next part I don't think I am clever than you and somehow you don't understand certain things ...but we have to accept we all have different life experience that give us certain insight on some matters that others may not have. Lets see this as a positive as it allows us  to share information

But that video has many, many things that are completely exaggerated and opportunistic. Some things he says are simply not true and he makes numerous false corollaries

I can give some examples but only if you really want to have this debate?  I also am interested if anyone else on this forum believes what he says ? 

John Milton 

I literally know nothing about her other than she won woman of the year and is trans. I'm not sure why she was famous in the first place.

As Bruce, he was an Olympic athlete and married and divorced the Kardashian mother. He was involved in a manslaughter incident where video seems to show it was carelessness that resulted in a woman dying.

A few months later Bruce declares that he will be living as a woman and takes upon the identity of Caitlyn Jenner. The result is a reality, being declared a hero by certain individuals, and the drowning out of the manslaughter incident. Her life since the transition seems to be largely improved, which as you said earlier is quite different from the experience of most.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Interesting, do you know how much compensation Mr/Ms Jenner has paid out to the deceaseds family, if any? Also what are the state of the court proceedings for the incident at the moment, this Jenner individual has a right to self identify as anything they wish (that's nobodies business but themselves) but justice must be served, the dead represented and the guilty brought to book. That is one of the core principles of society, and we already see how often celebrities are given far more leniency than the common folk.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

He was cleared of any manslaughter charges.  Not really surprising, given the details of the case.  Being involved in a car accident where another driver dies doesn't immediately make you guilty of manslaughter, despite the court of public opinion.

• Like 2