Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And once again they stick to the narrative the Anita was "forced" to cancel her speaking event, despite police telling her there was no credibility to the threat (as the guy was in Brazil).

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A follow up on the Greer story I thought would probably be liked here:

Link

Yes, it gets to the heart of the issue.

Good article to link to for explaining SJWs and the authoritarian left.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

A follow up on the Greer story I thought would probably be liked here:

Link

Yes, it gets to the heart of the issue.

Good article to link to for explaining SJWs and the authoritarian left.

I've never given any thought whatsoever about whether trans-women and trans-men are actually women and men; because I simply do not care. However, I would have to say that Greer is definitely wrong that transphobia (although that might be a poor name for it) exists. I've seen people very much hold trans-gender people in contempt and yes, even complete disgust.

Not that Greer shouldn't have been allowed to speak.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Greer was allowed to speak, she didn't because she was afraid.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

However, I would have to say that Greer is definitely wrong that transphobia (although that might be a poor name for it) exists.

Yeah that'd be pretty dumb.

Did she actually say that though? If there's one thing I've learned about tumblr's "gender community" it's that they're often prone to just straight up lying.

Edited by Barothmuk

@Namutree

I agree, and she probably said many other wrong or even crazy things in her life. (How else would she have become and "icon"/"major voice" of feminism? ;))

But that's not the point of the article, which is about the cult-like thoughtcrime-purging culture of the social justice movement.

PS: Apparently her planned speech didn't even have anything to do with trans people.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

However, I would have to say that Greer is definitely wrong that transphobia (although that might be a poor name for it) exists.

Yeah that'd be pretty dumb.

Did she actually say that though? If there's one thing I've learned about tumblr's "gender community" it's that they're often prone to just straight up lying.

I suppose I don't know since I wasn't there.

Greer was allowed to speak, she didn't because she was afraid.

Oh yeah, I guess I forgot that for a second.

But that's not the point of the article, which is about the cult-like thoughtcrime-purging culture of the social justice movement.

I know, I just thought that was worth mentioning.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

http://www.sxsw.com/news/2015/sxsw-announces-march-12-online-harassment-summit

And an all day summit, so I guess serial circlejerks rather than parallel.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah well, guess I was too optimistic about promoting art instead of internet drama.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

http://www.sxsw.com/news/2015/sxsw-announces-march-12-online-harassment-summit

And an all day summit, so I guess serial circlejerks rather than parallel.

Oh my...thats something I really will be avoiding. Imagine the " white, male " hating that will be occurring  :biggrin:

And its not that I don't think harassment isn't  a problem  in some places on the Internet its just I'm so tired of the pointlessness of these types of events. What possible new outcome will we get from this....." okay guys lets not be sexist/racist/homophobic"  ...its not nice ?

I wonder what Wu will be saying?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

She'll be sharing your posts with the crowd.

I mean look at this.

Are we sure this isn't just some Arthur Chu tweet generator at this point?

VG02o3e.png

"Fight for survival"

Goddammit.

Yes Chu, people who have friends that all have beliefs exactly like their own are fighting in the proverbial trenches of today's world.

Funny enough he is right in some ways, I don't support the rights of minorities because I'm worried that white, males are becoming marginalized

But so what....he has no right to judge my commitment to SJ causes ? He is making an obvious comment that will just irritate people  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

She'll be sharing your posts with the crowd.

:lol:

Dude...you can't seriously think I have that much in  common with her, she is about theatrics...I'm more concerned about real SJ changes and realities

Of course I don't like how she was harassed but part of me thinks this suited her grand strategy. She ended up all right after all and is considered influential in anti-GG

John Milton 

Wu will say the same old stuff. Gamers need empathy, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh my...thats something I really will be avoiding. Imagine the " white, male " hating that will be occurring  :biggrin:

And its not that I don't think harassment isn't  a problem  in some places on the Internet its just I'm so tired of the pointlessness of these types of events. What possible new outcome will we get from this....." okay guys lets not be sexist/racist/homophobic"  ...its not nice ?

I wonder what Wu will be saying?

Here's hoping GG panelists would have something interesting to say. Depending on how ballsie they are, it can be really interesting.

Until recently I thought that Mr Chu wrote the most stupid things i've ever seen...

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's worth posting again. Because it's funny.

1430708975985.jpg

Oh, that is just precious  :lol:

Weirdly, he is right in many places, but where he goes wrong is the idea that being a "social justice stormtrooper" is an inherently worthy pursuit.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

1430708975985.jpg

Weirdly, he is right in many places, but where he goes wrong is the idea that being a "social justice stormtrooper" is an inherently worthy pursuit.

I don't find it funny at all, its this type of rhetoric that undermines real SJ change and effort

Its annoying, of course you don't have to be a stormtrooper ....in fact that type of SJ belligerence I feel is just counterproductive and can alienate people you want to help

Has he done any SJ work in RL? Also does anyone know his email address, I want to email and politely explain he is doing the real SJ cause a disservice 

John Milton 

Josh Sawyer is tainted? I didn't like PoE much but that's a little far.

• Like 2

1430708975985.jpg

I don't find it funny at all, its this type of rhetoric that undermines real SJ change and effort

Well the point is, his rhetoric is more or less correct.

Just terribly, terribly impractical to actually use as a guideline of real life behavior.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."