Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

Wait. I read one of those links. Did they REALLY censor SP? But, SP tends to be liberal leaning. It is usually the right who cries about wanting to censor SP. LMAO More proof that the new age liberal that follows Obama and supports Nazi SJWs really are nazis. HAHAHAHA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, who cares if the Arab Spring depended on Twitter for people to organize? Who cares whenever major private companies try to control the flow of information? No one.

So you want to protect freedom by controlling major private companies?

There are a gajillion social media options out there.  Twitter will not be at the top forever, and if they make moves that end up making themselves obsolete, they get to hang out with Myspace in the has been pile.  Sounds like a win-win.  

You assume much, chief. I said that Twitter is ****ed in the head for doing this, not that government should control them. Where did you get that silly idea from?

My point is that people all over the world where they do not have the freedom to associate and to express themselves are dependent on these platforms, most often american ones since you guys have freedom written into the constitution, and that it is quite troubling, if not very worrysome when companies seems to be hellbent on restricting these very freedoms on the whims of their PR departments. Sure, there are alternatives and new ones will spring up, but i find it a serious issue when this very freedom constantly being pushed around, controlled, and even more serious when people seem to be totally unaware of the consequences of such.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's over.

https://twitter.com/enemylimes/status/657118739972755457

https://8ch.net/gamergatehq/res/290449.html#290449

Twitter is experimenting with a software that contains "harmful" content from being viewed or showed in the newsfeed. It proves to be quite scalable and effective.

Yeah, who cares if the Arab Spring depended on Twitter for people to organize? Who cares whenever major private companies try to control the flow of information? No one.

Dont you think you are egregiously exaggerating....yes Social Media did play a certain part in updating people in some countries around the Arab Spring but it wasn't what implemented the change we saw in some countries. The positive change we did see  were  people acting and doing things in RL. In other words social media isn't as important or influential as you seem to think 

14-15 year olds today do not even watch TV, but rather congregate on snapchat, whatsapp, twitter, and youtube. They are completely dependent on the information 'allowed' on those platforms. If social media is controlled, then so is mainstream social interaction. What, you think organizations reponsible for

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

...do not have a wested interest in this? 

I am afraid that this pushes anything "unacceptable" into the fringes and we will have more extremists unintensionally among our midst exploding with various attacks because the spectrum is too narrow, all while we have all these governmental institutions experimenting with how to monitor and to control such information.

Let people be is simply much to ask, it seems.  

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Apparently the mere thought that someone he doesn't like is going to speak somewhere and possibly be heard (not even agreed with, just heard) is enough to drive Arthur Chu into a frothing rage.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Okay I have to say that was one of the funniest and relevant things I have seen in ages, very funny :lol: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's over.

Twitter is experimenting with a software that contains "harmful" content from being viewed or showed in the newsfeed. It proves to be quite scalable and effective.

Dont you think you are egregiously exaggerating....yes Social Media did play a certain part in updating people in some countries around the Arab Spring but it wasn't what implemented the change we saw in some countries. The positive change we did see  were  people acting and doing things in RL. In other words social media isn't as important or influential as you seem to think 

14-15 year olds today do not even watch TV, but rather congregate on snapchat, whatsapp, twitter, and youtube. They are completely dependent on the information 'allowed' on those platforms. If social media is controlled, then so is mainstream social interaction. What, you think organizations reponsible for

I am afraid that this pushes anything "unacceptable" into the fringes and we will have more extremists unintensionally among our midst exploding with various attacks because the spectrum is too narrow, all while we have all these governmental institutions experimenting with how to monitor and to control such information.

I understand your concern, I really do. You are worried that the free flow of information on the Internet  will be influenced and monitored by organisations or government funded groups that will ultimately censor or control this information and what people will access. I have two points for you to consider

• Countries like Russia and China already censor and control the Internet in there respective countries ....yet your links  seem to be about censorship in the USA and Western countries. Why don't you discuss what is going on in non-Western countries...or do they get a pass ? 
  •  Programs like Prism will be used to target people that mean harm to the USA, we should be supportive of measures to protect citizens of countries that are potentially targets of cyber attacks and normal homegrown and external terrorist attacks. Don't you feel our governments should do anything reasonable to protect there citizens ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's over.

I understand your concern, I really do. You are worried that the free flow of information on the Internet  will be influenced and monitored by organisations or government funded groups that will ultimately censor or control this information and what people will access. I have two points for you to consider

• Countries like Russia and China already censor and control the Internet in there respective countries ....yet your links  seem to be about censorship in the USA and Western countries. Why don't you discuss what is going on in non-Western countries...or do they get a pass ? 
  •  Programs like Prism will be used to target people that mean harm to the USA, we should be supportive of measures to protect citizens of countries that are potentially targets of cyber attacks and normal homegrown and external terrorist attacks. Don't you feel our governments should do anything reasonable to protect there citizens ?

I critisize the US because i hold them to the highest standard and almost every single one of those companies are american. China, Russia and most other countries are in ****-tier when it comes to concepts of freedom and liberty, both culturally and judicially.

//edit: Prism is indiscriminate surveillance, which has no basis in any free society.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If security takes precedence than the safest place for you to be is locked in cage. They would let you out to work and then straight back. You have the least chance of being hurt or hurting anyone else locked up. Who wants that?

Let me tell you about Russia. Putin's favorite thing to do is to point out all the dirty hypocrisies of the "western" world. Something he does very deftly. It becomes very hard to hold US or anyone as an example when they do stupid things.

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 1

It's over.

I critisize the US because i hold them to the highest standard and almost every single one of those companies are american. China, Russia and most other countries are in ****-tier when it comes to concepts of freedom and liberty, both culturally and judicially.

//edit: Prism is indiscriminate surveillance, which has no basis in any free society.

If security takes precedence than the safest place for you to be is locked in cage. They would let you out to work and then straight back. You have the least chance of being hurt or hurting anyone else locked up. Who wants that?

Let me tell you about Russia. Putin's favorite thing to do is to point out all the dirty hypocrisies of the "western" world. Something he does very deftly. It becomes very hard to hold US or anyone as an example when they do stupid things.

Okay boys good points raised, it just gets a little frustrating at times because I see all this real inequality and lack of respect for human rights in many places in the world yet all we seem to do is criticize the West

But I get the point that we should certain countries to a higher standard 

John Milton 

We criticize the west while ignoring the rest of the world because we live in the west where criticism might make a difference in our lives, where elsewhere is really unrelated to our everyday lives.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

More importantly.. the West doesn't usually (comparitively speaking) won't murder you for having an unpopular opinion (just fire and completely destroy you otherwise lol). While in coutnries like Russia or Iran, if you speak up, you'll be lucky to survive. Best case scenario you have your money stolen at worst you are murdered.

Meanwhile back at the ranch: Germaine Greer is now a misogynist apparently.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So you want to protect freedom by controlling major private companies?

There are a gajillion social media options out there.  Twitter will not be at the top forever, and if they make moves that end up making themselves obsolete, they get to hang out with Myspace in the has been pile.  Sounds like a win-win.  

You assume much, chief. I said that Twitter is ****ed in the head for doing this, not that government should control them. Where did you get that silly idea from?

My point is that people all over the world where they do not have the freedom to associate and to express themselves are dependent on these platforms, most often american ones since you guys have freedom written into the constitution, and that it is quite troubling, if not very worrysome when companies seems to be hellbent on restricting these very freedoms on the whims of their PR departments. Sure, there are alternatives and new ones will spring up, but i find it a serious issue when this very freedom constantly being pushed around, controlled, and even more serious when people seem to be totally unaware of the consequences of such.

Sorry for the belated response but if there are seriously people who would rely on a medium like Twitter for there primary source of information and or direction then unfortunately   they would be constantly at a disadvantage as social media is not considered a reliable source of information 

It was never meant to be that and if you are honest you would realize and accept that

So once again  to reiterate the point, it makes no substantial difference if Twitter is censored or monitored 

John Milton 

What's reliable and what's used ain't exactly ever been similar, Bruce.

Yes I see your point but I don't see how it applies to social media like Twitter. Lets take any example, lets say you wanted to learn more about  how Syrian refugees are being treated in Hungary...how would you do this?

I doubt you would use Twitter and then use comments from Twitter to base your opinion

So what is Twitter? Its a completely subjective and unsubstantiated form of communication...so what if they ban certain content. Its shouldn't  change meaningful ways to interact or gain input 

What am I missing that is so serious ?

John Milton 

"So once again  to reiterate the point, it makes no substantial difference if Twitter is censored or monitored"

"So what is Twitter? Its a completely subjective and unsubstantiated form of communication...so what if they ban certain content. Its shouldn't  change meaningful ways to interact or gain input 

What am I missing that is so serious ?"

If Twitter didn't mattter  you and your fellow SJW Nazis wouldn't feel the need to control it and ban certain content in the first place. banning, by definition, is done out of fear. So, you fear the power of Twitter that why you feel need to control it.

What's reliable and what's used ain't exactly ever been similar, Bruce.

I doubt you would use Twitter and then use comments from Twitter to base your opinion

No, I wouldn't. Sadly, I am a very, very tiny minority in this. 90% of my Facebook feed is idiots who posts pictures with captions on it like they're political arguments. I'm pretty sure 99% of the idiocy in the world such as anti-vaxxers have been able to thrive due to social media giving them a platform.

I'm going to guess she said boys have a **** and girls have a vagina. 

How dare he? I have a cloaca.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I applaud her for saying what we're all thinking, but most people are afraid to say out loud.

In that same sense I have some admiration toward Donald Trump.  Don't get me wrong, the guy is an asshat, but at least he actually speaks his mind, mostly unfiltered, for better or worse.  That's a rare quality these days, an an admirable one, in my opinion.  The world would be a hell of a lot better place if people just said what they truly meant, feels be damned.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

One thing to speak your mind. It's another to speak gibberish without facts to back it up. That's Trump's problem. He speaks issues. Even on issues I might agree with he just comes across as a blowhard.

What did Greer say that was so controversial?

"So once again  to reiterate the point, it makes no substantial difference if Twitter is censored or monitored"

"So what is Twitter? Its a completely subjective and unsubstantiated form of communication...so what if they ban certain content. Its shouldn't  change meaningful ways to interact or gain input 

What am I missing that is so serious ?"

If Twitter didn't mattter  you and your fellow SJW Nazis wouldn't feel the need to control it and ban certain content in the first place. banning, by definition, is done out of fear. So, you fear the power of Twitter that why you feel need to control it.

Volo in a perfect world where my ideas and views were real I won't lie to you that there would be an element of censorship but this would be purely to remove certain perspectives that are intransigent and unhelpful to a stable and prosperous society

You would be banned almost immediately for a 3 month period to give you time to reflect on your nonconstructive comments  ...you see I do believe in people finding redemption and changing there ways 

And I would ban you because you constantly refer to SJW as Nazis and its clear you either have  NO clue what the SJ movement is about or you are intentionally being offensive. You do realize the word  " Nazi " has serious historical symbolism and it should never be used capriciously

And I know everyone on these forums thinks its funny, I also find it funny because its a classic "  Volorism "  but it has no place in a serious decision. So sorry my friend, and I do like you so its not personal, but you would be definitely censored and have to change your posting etiquette   ;)  

John Milton 

"You would be banned almost immediately for a 3 month period to give you time to reflect on your nonconstructive comments  ...you see I do believe in people finding redemption and changing there ways"

You are the type person who would murder me and claim you did it out of love - kinda like the parents who kill their kids and claim it wa sbecause said kids were 'possessed'.

Because here is a NEWFLASH: My opinion on TRUE freedom would never changing and if you think that taking away my freedom like a TRUE nazi would somehow make me anti freedom you really are delusion.

You are no different than extremist religiou nut cases who want to ban and burn anything including books that offend them.

Uh... Your poor feels. :(

Edited by Volourn