• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I posted the following styles already, but I can't find them. So here I go again:

lance.png?dl=1

Veildancer.png?dl=1

New to Pillars...curious what armor you are wearing that leaves you bare chested in that last pic?

Edited by Rayek

I thought I posted the following styles already, but I can't find them. So here I go again:

lance.png?dl=1

Veildancer.png?dl=1

New to Pillars...curious what armor you are wearing that leaves you bare chested in that last pic?

I believe that's the 'monks rainments' (name might be wrong) that you get off of that Aumaua monk's corpse near the end of the quest at the Fallen Moon temple. Which is part of the White March expansion.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 2

Boeroer, what is the sword that the death godlike in plate armor is bearing? It looks really cool, but I don't recall seeing this weapon before.

That's Citzal's Spirit Lance, the wizard spell. It's actually a pike.

The most BADASS pike ever!

That could be PoE's version Joril's Dagger.... I wouldn't put past the devs.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Yes, it's the Robes of the Tidebringer (https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Robes_of_the_Tidebringer) and Citzal's Spirit Lance.

Boeroer, since your wizard's in plate, do you have a high dex to compensate for the armor's speed malus? Would you be so kind as to share the stats for this wizard build? I'd like to try a melee oriented wizard build; in the past I've always played Aloth or a min-maxed wood elf spell slinger, which is why I didn't recognize Citzal's Spirit Lance.

Wizards have Deleterious Alacrity of Motion which gives them a long lasting 50% recovery boost.

You don't necessarily need plate on a melee wizard, but if you want then with Alacrity it's not that bad. It's definitely good in the early game to have plate as a melee char who has low endurance and health.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks! I didn't realize that Citzal's Spirit Lance looks like a great sword without a crossguard.

It has a significantly longer handle than a great sword but yeah, it does look more like a sword than a pike/spear. It's one of the coolest looking weapons in the game, which combined with the fact that it's also one of the best weapons in the game is rather nice. It's just a shame Wizards never get level 5 spells as per encounter.

Thanks! I didn't realize that Citzal's Spirit Lance looks like a great sword without a crossguard.

It has a significantly longer handle than a great sword but yeah, it does look more like a sword than a pike/spear. It's one of the coolest looking weapons in the game, which combined with the fact that it's also one of the best weapons in the game is rather nice. It's just a shame Wizards never get level 5 spells as per encounter.

Just so I understand how it works, as a summoned weapon it benefits from any weapon proficiency, right? Since it's a two-handed weapon, doesn't it get the 15% damage bonus from Two-Handed Style? I was also wondering if it gets the 25% bonus from Dangerous Implements, since it causes a blast like other implements.

It works like a normal pike in regard of talents (e.g. Two Weapon Style, Savage Attack), but only the initial hit is affected. That's still good because the lance has high base damage. Things like Apprentice's Sneak also work. The Blast is it's own AoE effect and its damage can only be boosted by MIG and crits (also Merciless Hand and +crit damage items).

It works more like the Blast from implements or Torment's Reach than Carnage.

Dangerous Implement or Penetrating Blast don't work.

As you said, it works with every weapon focus (it's universal).

Edited by Boeroer

You can start with Concenhaut's Parasitic Staff (profits from the exact same talents as the lance) and later use Citzel's Spirit Lance. The staff is a VERY powerful weapon in the early game. Not only does it come exceptional, but it also has higher base damage than the usual quarterstaff.

• 5 months later...