Also, has anyone figured out how to make the gambeson look good? It's (I feel) the best armour in the game for my favorite classes (priest and druid), but there's not much that colour goes well with.

5FECDDm.jpg   PM2VvaA.jpg

Best I've been able to do is have the other pieces of equipment match eachother and try not to clash to hard.

Looks good on Kana with his turban.

Also, this game needs some plumed open burgonets, or morions, add some barbutes too when you're at it. Frog helms are lame  :p.

Edit: Oh oh, also a special request for a face mask/bearded morion, I'll be ever grateful :biggrin:. Something like this, but with a morion:

ferrangarreta.com_cascrecct.frigi.jpg

a_greek_bronze_helmet_of_phrygian_type_l

Edited by Lychnidos
  • Like 1

I never placed the screenshots of my builds here. Since I like them to be powerful and stylish, most of them turn out to cause no eye cancer:

Batsh!t Crazy:

batshit_portrait.png?dl=1

The Engineer:

The%20Engineer.png?dl=1

Zeblastian Hurtstacker:

Zeblastian_Hurtstacker.png?dl=1

The Leech:

The%20Leech_portrait.jpg?dl=1

Drake's Ambassador's work outfit:

drakes_ambassador.png?dl=1

Drake's Ambassador's gala uniform:

osrics_familiy_breastplate.png?dl=1

I didn't make screenshots of Fulmineo Prondroni, the Backlash Beldam and the Dull Runner - but I have savegames. Maybe I'll do some and post them later.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The one for Argwes Adra gives +3 RES and the one for He Carries Many Scars gives +2 Athletics and Preservation.

The others weren't shown but the one for Sanguine Plate is cheap so it won't do wonders, much to my dismay.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The one for Argwes Adra gives +3 RES and the one for He Carries Many Scars gives +2 Athletics and Preservation.

The others weren't shown but the one for Sanguine Plate is cheap so it won't do wonders, much to my dismay.

Maybe they'll introduce also some new plate armor models to match Garodh's Chorus. (Death Guard armor looks really nice - too bad they didn't use it for players armors)

PS. Also it wold be nice if they could use helmets models to match the ones from the portraits...

Edited by Kaylon

Garodh's Chorus looks good with the Coat Of Ill Payment.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 3 weeks later...

You mean the Hand & Key breastplate, or the Leaden Key robes?

What cloak is that?

What cloak is that?

it's the one the monks in the abbey wear. I am not sure/ don't recall if it lootable though. you can additem it though. same with llengrath robes but that robe is simply an exceptional robe with visual ornamentation. 

• Like 1

Is it now? What's the item code for Llengrath's robes? I remember looking for it and not finding it.

Ah, the "cre" part must be why I overlooked it. Will try it this evening.

• 4 weeks later...

6ycfpYu.png

(Pale elf mage with Gwisk Glas and Greenstone Staff.)

Ineth, your picture above wonderfully illustrates one of the minor problems I have with hats in this game.  Whenever any character puts on a hat, like the one above, all of their hair magically disappears.  I'd like to think that putting on a stylish hat enhances the character's appearance.  But if your character loses all their hair in the process, IMO it almost has a negative impact on appearance, not a positive one. 

Obviously, this issue is moot if the character has no hair to begin with, or what little they do have would be covered by the hat.

I have to agree on the "enchant hats" thing.  My pale elven paladin wore a basic Swashbuckler's Hat for... I don't know how many levels... 10 maybe?  Finally I found some helmets that didn't look repugnant and had enchantments I couldn't say no to, but it was a long while.  I think she also ended up in either a fine or exceptional breastplate for a while with her colors as White/Black.  I find some of the generic armors look strikingly good with a White/Black color scheme.