[bug .0526] Health still perma-increasing

blinkicide

Question

Conducted two tests after the latest patch (.0526), with a new party/campaign.

My pc wizard (wood elf):  lvl 4, con 8, endurance 57, health 197. 

Aloth, companion wizard (wood elf): lvl 4, con 10, endurance 180.

Despite my pc wizard having lower endurance and lower constitution he has a larger health pool at the same level.

I then tested edar (fighter, companion, at lvl 4):

He had 102 endurance / 569 health.

I disbanded him from the party, then reinvited him:  he had 102 endurance/509 health.

The latter stats seem more correct (only off by 1 which is probably due to rounding), since a fighters health is suppose to be 5xEndurance.  Why it's getting up to 569 I don't know.  

I do buff my party members with food before tough fights, that the most likely cause.  I also have my wizards cast infuse with vital essence, but that wouldn't explain the discrepancy with the fighter.  So it's probably the food buffs not falling off with the saves.  I've tried to reproduce this though, but so far haven't been able to force it to happen....

Edited by blinkicide

Yeah, the perma health increase still exists..

For example just now my party gained a bunch of health for no reason

Here’s stripped Eder right now with 555 max health:

QEoP7sJ.jpg

Stripped Eder from a save 20 minutes earlier with 496 max health:

UNCQSoo.jpg

Don't know if its related to food, because my party gained this extra health after killing Osrya.

I can confirm this too. Not sure what's causing it but up to level 5 I would get way way too much HP per level as a monk. I had 1050HP at level 5, with 15 CON(14 base)+1 from gear.

When I got to level 6 my HP increased by about ~60-100. Which is different than before when it increased by around 200 hp.

I can 100% reproduce this bug in my current save which I think is to do with the sickened status effect from a gul's attack. 

In my specific save, my party is around the dial with 3 remaining gul creatures.

1. I attack them with no spells, just plain regular attacks, win the fight obviously.

2. Let one of more of you party members get either sickened or poisoned status effect.

Either one or more of my party members will see an increase in max HP if they got the status effect, you can see it in combat, sometimes it works fine in battle by reducing max HP, but other times you can see the max HP skyrocket. At one point I got my Eder to 570+ HP.

I also noticed that my player created companion wasn't getting affected, more tests need to be done on that.

If the developers want, I can send my save file, I just need to know where to look.

Hope this help.

Edited by Mr.Solaire

Gah! Really? I wanted to play. I already started over.

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

Looks like I won't be playing for a while. I guess I'll just put PoE on the "shelf" for a while (weeks/months?!) and let them get it stable before I attempt to play it again. Ugh, I was so hoping PoE wouldn't be a buggy unfinished mess like Wasteland 2 (They are still patching it, waiting to play), Shadowrun Returns (finally playable) and Divine Divinity (They are still patching it, waiting to play). Oh and I'm still waiting to play Dragon Age: Inquisition because of the party banter bugs, I might not ever be able to play that one.

Can I ever buy a cRPG that is stable enough to play without serious bugs that severely ruin the experience?

Edited by AstroCat

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

Looks like I won't be playing for a while. I guess I'll just put PoE on the "shelf" for a while (weeks/months?!) and let them get it stable before I attempt to play it again. Ugh, I was so hoping PoE wouldn't be a buggy unfinished mess like Wasteland 2 (They are still patching it, waiting to play), Shadowrun Returns (finally playable) and Divine Divinity (They are still patching it, waiting to play). Oh and I'm still waiting to play Dragon Age: Inquisition because of the party banter bugs, I might not ever be able to play that one.

Can I ever buy a cRPG that is stable enough to play without serious bugs that severely ruin the experience?

Or... maybe... someone is really sensitive about bugs.

Well if the bugs break the basic systems of the game then yeah I'm bothered by it. If it's a minor non-system breaking bug then yeah, no big deal. PoE has system breaking bugs... thus breaking the game.

Well if the bugs break the basic systems of the game then yeah I'm bothered by it. If it's a minor non-system breaking bug then yeah, no big deal. PoE has system breaking bugs... thus breaking the game.

PoE, Wasteland 2 and Divinity all? Weird, I am/was playing all of those just fine. Thus my opinion that you're overreacting.

Well you are fine playing games that are broken. That's fine. Some people don't mind riding a broken bike either. I'd rather get it fixed and then ride it.

Bump for attention.

I will not play until the following bugs are addressed:

1. Perma health increase.

2. Already activated ability bug.

3. Random move speed character bug.

4. Sanitarium hostility bug.

5. Looting deselects party bug.

• Like 1

4. Sanitarium hostility bug.

I had this, I think its because when you trigger the event where the place spawns mobs, they actually begin to fight the NPC guards...

If you get near these guards and fight the mob they are fighting with lets say, with a Wizard his "blast" ability which turns rod/scepter etc attacks into small AOE will hit the guard.. even tho its not registering and he stays friendly.

When u transition above the whole place will remember that and agro.

Dont go near the NPCs when they are fighting other mobs, your auras and stuff will trigger passive agro on them somehow and you will get faction attacked

Edited by Minezeye

Bump.

No 3 is now fixed.

So now we only need the following fixed:

1. Perma health increase.

2. Already activated ability bug.

3. Sanitarium hostility bug.

4. Looting deselects party bug.

5. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Looting deselects party steps to reproduce:

Select all party with backspace, loot a container, then the character looting remains selected and the rest of the party are deselected.

Expected behavior:

Whole party remains selected while looting.

• Like 1

please fix health bug (retroactively). i just got the 1.03 patch and hotfix, for mac on GOG, played a new game, and got a ton of extra health. probably from the guls near Ranga. it's on my main character too so just having people rejoin my party won't fix my game.

i just read 1.04 patch notes and don't see this bug addressed. this is a game-breaking bug so please prioritize it.

• Like 1