What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Little bit broken up after the newly Lieutenant Ro has a change of heart ... she chooses solidarity in kind over Picard's trust. The Maquis become a fast family, during a secret mission, despite Jean-Luc's profound deference to Ro's past and immediate plight. Still, even though she swears on her duty as an officer ...

she breaks the heart of Starfleet and abandons the Enterprise.

Episode 176, 'Preemptive Strike', TNG, final regular series episode, directed by Patrick Stewart. Series finale next ... gonna need more New Belgium--a type of ale not available in ten-forward.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Zoo finale.  This show is just all over the place - in a good way.  I think any other show would have made about 4 seasons out of the story arcs in this season.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I thought this show would be hum-drum. I assumed it would rely on speculation, presumption, aggrandize the premise a bit. 

Instead I was riveted, then marveled how modern humans fit their helmeted bodies into seven-inch spaces underground, discovering a brand new Homo species, two million years past. A two-million year old graveyard.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2015/sep/11/nova-dawn-humanity/

All Stop. On Screen.

Heh. For the somewhat amusing tv trivia.. 

On Happy Days, the network had one note regarding Fonzie: Lose the threatening-looking leather jacket. But producer Garry Marshall argued that the jacket was motorcycle safety equipment, and a compromise was reached: Fonzie could wear it when his bike was on the screen. "That's why you saw the motorcycle in Mr. C's kitchen," explains Anson Williams, 65, who played Potsie. "And in Fonzie's apartment and at Arnold's …"

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Face me Magician! I challenge you to an axe fight!"  - beardy shouty man holding a battle axe.

Cue the Doctor emerging from the mists, playing an electric guitar and riding a main battle tank...

The new series of Doctor Who started up, some amusing points to the start, but the latter half is a bit slower paced. That, and it leaves us with a cliffhanger and waiting for the next episode.

Moonbeam City is gold. Its like a Metalocalypse version of 80s miami.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Limitless.

The pilot for the new series, and it is set in the same universe as the film. So they include a few background posters of "Re-Elect Senator Morra" and actually have Bradley Cooper make a brief appearance.

Of course, they're now linking it into what looks like will be a crime-procedural type of show with background elements of conspiracy arcs and wotnot. They have dropped the "use more than 10% of your brain" schtick, and just go with a more "streamlining the communication of the neurons in your head" type of explanation for the NZT drug.

Still, some generally decent performances from the cast, although the lead might be a little flat. It might be interesting to see just where they decide to take it.

Edited by Raithe

At the moment, the crime-procedural appears to be king.

Think about it, for a buncha years now, Law & Order, CSI, and NCIS and the like have pretty much been top viewed shows worldwide. So as far as the guys making these things know, it works, it sells, and it brings money in.

Castle is great.

Quality varies but enjoyed the below TV shows that I've watched recently:

12 Monkeys

Believe

Better Call Saul

Between

Bosch

Daredevil

Dark Matter

Dig

Hannibal - Season 3

Humans

Killjoys

Strike Back - Season 5

The Last Ship - Season 2

The Messengers

Twilight Zone (2002)

Under the Dome - Season 3

Zoo

Shows I persevered with:

Extant - Season 2

Falling Skies - Season 5

Shows I watched and thought a train wreck:

CSI Cyber

Geez, I watch a lot of TV and that's only in the last 3 months. :blink:

Dig was a nice little mini-series type of show. A solid premise, good actors, and a smooth storyline that ran through what.. 9 or 10 episodes before it all wrapped up?