Stronghold Hirelings "currently unpaid" and Treasury Bugs

Nathanel

Question

Hello.In stronghold screen when i click hirelings menu it says under every hireling "currently unpaid" despite having plenty of coin .after i fire them then rehire them text dissapears.But if i quit the game and then load the same save,it says "currently unpaid" again.Also guest hirelings dissapears for good if i fire them but their bonuses stays.Not sure about the last part when i fire a regular hireling stronghold's prestige and security drops but when i fire a guest hireling there is no change.So either their bonuses doesnt apply or stack even after i dissmis them.Secondly after my companions return from off screen adventures text in the stronghold screen suggest there are some rewards in the treasury but it is always empty.Sorry for english it is not my first  language.

• Like 8

By the way, I noticed hirelings make you have a net loss of money, since taxes are seemly tied to quest amount, but hirelings are tied to days passed, meaning that if you are a slow player, or rest a lot, or keep getting lost and moving between areas, you will lose lots of money.

Also if you are not completionist, again, lose lots of money.

And finally, even if you ARE completionist, theoretically at the end of the game the hirelings can drain your money forever, but you have no source of income (since you already finished all quests, thus taxes stopped, and nothing respawns, so there are no new enemies to loot and sell their stuff)

• Like 1

I have heard that there is atreasury box somewhere in the keep. (Some suggested collected taxes are stored there.) It is just speculation, but what if y payment from hirelings is deducted from this treasury and not from your party cash? Perhaps if you have to pay more for hirelings than you earn taxes than some of the hirelings get the "unpaid" status? Does any body know where this treasury chest is exactly?

I have found the treasury box, but I could not put money in it, so that is not the solution.

Edited by Almagast

Hmm I just hit my first payday. It cost 300 cp and I had 6 hirelings. since they cost 10cp each a day I can only assume that a week is five days long ? Also even immediately after being paid they say currently unpaid. No one left though.

By the way, I noticed hirelings make you have a net loss of money, since taxes are seemly tied to quest amount, but hirelings are tied to days passed, meaning that if you are a slow player, or rest a lot, or keep getting lost and moving between areas, you will lose lots of money.

Also if you are not completionist, again, lose lots of money.

And finally, even if you ARE completionist, theoretically at the end of the game the hirelings can drain your money forever, but you have no source of income (since you already finished all quests, thus taxes stopped, and nothing respawns, so there are no new enemies to loot and sell their stuff)

At the end of the game the game is over. Not sure how this is relevant

At the end of the game the game is over. Not sure how this is relevant

Got the "unpaid" bug as well, it seems like an UI error and not a mechanical one. 

What's a mechanical bug is when you auto-resolve and get your buildings trashed even when the attacking army is utterly insignificant. A manual resolve had them dead in 20 seconds with little to no input from my own team. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Tim Cain ****ed it up! :)

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Same here as well.  "Unpaid" status even though in my keep listings it shows them as receiving their payments.

"Women were the reason I  became a Monk...and ah...the reason I switched back".

Same for me nerver pay and I have a bug my quest at the stronghols never valide  a I have only one quest a small aventure a been done , I have lost all money and xp and the item never in my chest in the castle for the other

for example: I give the quest : your quest end in turn 64 but after a few time the recall button show allocate same a the start

I put sagani and the singer summoner but i remember I can valide my first aventure because i dont have the castle yet , or I have it but dont have a team party member a the stronghold  : the quest witch a (trader ?) in front of the  destroy bridge the map next to Cooperlane District , she a shipwreck victim .

steam fr version of the game

Maybe when I reload the quicksave 

Sorry for my english ,

Edited by NwFrplayer

Same... sort of: My treasury is always empty.

Notifications informed me that taxes and adventure items were delivered to my treasury, on multiple occasions.

Nothing ever shows up in the treasury, however.

I have yet to hire hirelings, but if their fees are deducted from the treasury, I'd imagine that bug would also occur.

Same as the bug reported here, it would seem.

Same thing exactly- hirelings currently unpaid and leaving despite being paid on payday and nothing in the treasury.

Has anyone from Obsidian actually acknowledged that this is a bug or working as intended or that we need to do something to pay them? I haven't found them saying anything at all and it isn't mentioned in the upcoming patch notes. Would be nice to know whether they're working on it or just pretending it doesn't exist.