PRE-LOAD is now available!

Just rebooted steam and am downloading the game right now :)

Note: The download size is 6gb. Total game when installed is 18gb.

Any extras (e.g. documentary, almanac etc.) are not accessible yet, the pre-load is just an encrypted file.

EDIT: just for some clarification quoting Brandon Adler:

I told Steam to start the preloading. We are going to be giving backers keys in the next few hours and if we didn't tell them to enable preloading we wouldn't have been able to enable it until tomorrow.

Edited by Slish
  • Like 2

I'm super hyped :D

But if there is any proof to any of these comments on either Steam or here then I am simply *shrug* this is just pre-load.

I also don't jump to conclusions so fast, these are just comments. Sensitive kickstarter backers are an easy pick for anyone who wants to rile anything up ;)

EDIT: Someone said it the best on the Steam discussion though "You are getting a locked box and won't be able to open it in 2 days regardless".

Edited by Osvir

Lies, there is no steam keys or update. Plus I check steam to see if its replace my BB. Nothing.

The BB is a stand alone thing, it does not get "upgraded" to the real version.  When the real game release just delete the BB it will serve no purpose anymore.

Preload for Steam user earlier, than the KS or Paypal backer, come on Obsidian.  :facepalm:

It has nothing to do with any of that. This is when steam turned the preload on.

That backers don't have keys yet is completely unrelated.

Preload for Steam user earlier, than the KS or Paypal backer, come on Obsidian.  :facepalm:

It has nothing to do with any of that. This is when steam turned the preload on.

That backers don't have keys yet is completely unrelated.

Exactly. Like was already said, likely related to the complications from being able to choose Steam or GOG in the backer portal.

I told Steam to start the preloading. We are going to be giving backers keys in the next few hours and if we didn't tell them to enable preloading we wouldn't have been able to enable it until tomorrow.

• Like 36

Yeah, steam just turned on preload, I could start the preload after I updated Steam (from the daily? update I guess)

And since I already have a key (I pre-ordered) and got Pillars of Eternity sitting in my library, I could start downloading.

Download is almost finished now, but am pretty sure it's just some encrypted file anyway (locked box). Nothing to fuss about too much backers! :p

Thanks for the reasoning. Makes sense. Letting the folks in charge over there know so they can boot things up tonight on their end. Looking forward to getting my key and pre-loading while I sleep tonight if all goes well. Cheers!

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the

Pillars of Eternity - Royal Edition Upgrade

will still exist after the preorder period?

My extra backer key is going to my father. I'm assuming they will be at the Hero level even though mine will be at the Royal level. Just want to make sure my father will be able to upgrade later if he wants.

Thanks for the explanation. It help's unrustle my jimmies. :)

/sets down pitch fork

//douses torch

///goes over to grinding wheel to sharpen axe, just in case

:wowey:

• Like 9

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks