The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Pidesco

There should be penises if there are vaginas. Equal opertunity right ?.

One reason I can think of of why there isn't  is from the Conan review clip where Gerald is fighting in the bathhouse and well, having his member flop up and down as he rolls around, well.

Just no. 

well it's mostly a question of technical difficulty. how do you make it flop around realistically?

and then the aesthetic question. cut or uncut and how long? 

there is a multitude of problems when making the 3D model of a naked man that are not there for a woman's. 

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

So I got a code for this with my 980, anyone interested in it if one of my friends doesn't want it (literally one).

Ok, it's taken.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, you get to style Geralt's hair and beard, so why not a (un)circumcision DLC pack?  If this were any other company, I'd add in "for $1.99", but CDPR would give it away for free.  

As an aside, Saint's Row games already have a "Sex Appeal" slider for changing boob/dong size.  Volition are true pioneers in genitalia representation.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had a frightening urge to post the wrestling scene between Oliver Reed and Alan Bates in Women in Love, but I resisted.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I suspect the same drama with Watch Dogs and actually it's just a very common part of development, scaling down when you are near the end to make sure it can run on a vararity of hardware.  

It is the fault of the consoles in the sense that they are the lowest common denominator, but it's hardly a conspiracy.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

One reason I can think of of why there isn't  is from the Conan review clip where Gerald is fighting in the bathhouse and well, having his member flop up and down as he rolls around, well.

Just no. 

well it's mostly a question of technical difficulty. how do you make it flop around realistically?

there is a multitude of problems when making the 3D model of a naked man that are not there for a woman's. 

I dunno, after seeing an entire article devoted to how hard it is to properly animate breasts I'm not so sure making someone's dong flop around realistically is that much harder (or easier, depending on how you look at it)...

Edited by marelooke

Boobs and ass have long been staples of video games, and for good reason, because boobs and ass are awesome.  However, it's about high tide that we get equal genital representation in games.  I ask for, nay, demand proper dong representation in vidya games.  #GiveMeDong

This is actually a good point most people forget in favor of war drum beating. It's also an issue in film, as well.

I suspect the same drama with Watch Dogs and actually it's just a very common part of development, scaling down when you are near the end to make sure it can run on a vararity of hardware.  

It is the fault of the consoles in the sense that they are the lowest common denominator, but it's hardly a conspiracy.

Yeah, you can make the best ****ing game in the world, but people will still hate you if you dare make compromises for other platforms.

Edited by Bryy

Just no. 

I dunno, after seeing an entire article devoted to how hard it is to properly animate breasts I'm not so sure making someone's dong flop around realistically is that much harder (or easier, depending on how you look at it)...

To be fair one doesn't see that much of female genitalia in the game, mainly because it's quite discrete compared to a mans, with the exception of a woman whose gone through repeated childbirth after which things down there get a little messy if childbirth is natural. However i'd say that we see far more bare mens chests in the Witcher 2 than we do bare womens, especially if one is doing a berserker playthrough, which necessitates bare chest, trousers and axe rather than armour and swords.

Then again i'm not really concerned with virtual nudity.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/13/8533059/the-witcher-3-review-wild-hunt-PC-PS4-Xbox-one

That said, the world CD Projekt has created is oppressively misogynist. In some ways, the game deals directly with this — characters acknowledge again and again that it's hard to be a woman there, that it's a place of violence and terror and that women must work harder to be recognized and respected.

Then it kills them, over and over. There are several monster types devoted to murdered and wronged women whom Geralt is frequently asked to destroy, and other villainous characters are shown torturing or even butchering women to show just how evil they are. One sequence seemed specifically designed to see how long I could listen to a major female character have her fingernails pulled out before I ended the conversation to attack the individual in question. A later scene shows a villain literally surrounded by the bodies of murdered prostitutes.

a male character criticizing a woman for going into battle with her shirt hanging open is the "snake eating its own tail" of video game sexism
In another, a character who admitted to beating his wife so badly she miscarried is given an opportunity to explain why she had it coming, complete with a sympathetic conversation response option to go with it. The performances all around in this scene are excellent, the presentation among the best, most reined in anywhere in the game, but the message I saw it conveying was abhorrent.

I get that the setting of The Witcher 3 is meant to be a dark, dirty fantasy. But in a world that so explicitly goes out of its way to build a believable, distinctive take on the genre, the inclusion of so much violence explicitly directed against women feels like a clear, disconcerting choice. It's not just present, it's frequently a focus.

When they're not being murdered, women in The Witcher 3 are comically sexualized. Nudity is everywhere — think Game of Thrones on HBO — and even when they're dressed, female leads don't have it much better. One character, the subject of an extended series of side quests and whom plays a fairly important role in advancing the story wears a dress with a neckline so wide I was pretty sure I was seeing an areola every time she turned to the side (no, seriously).

Other moments are truly worthy of eye-rolling — as when one male character criticizes a woman for going into battle with her shirt hanging open, which is really the snake eating its own tail of video game sexism in a game where a significant portion of its speaking female characters are similarly and impractically exposed. Even Ciri, a daughter figure for Geralt and someone revealed to be incredibly powerful in her own right, walks around with her shirt unbuttoned in the middle, with a pretty clear view of a bra underneath — even when her attire changes to feature a fur-lined collar in colder climates.

I hope its Triss

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I am really loving the combat mechanics, they remind me of the Souls games. You can die fairly easy(even on the normal difficulty settings) if you go for button mashing. If you pay attention though, you can even take out stronger foes with timing and patience. This is a really good thing, because for me it's what made Demon's Souls such a joy to play.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Looks like my plan of waiting until release and getting a CE if still available is no longer on the cards, EB (the CE is an EB exclusive in Australia) aren't even taking orders for it anymore. Not sure if a regular physical copy is worth it now, though I've since learned that it does have a GOG code included in the box. Good to know, because when I checked last year CDPR were saying that it did not include one.

A bit weirded out by the disc version being locked (by way of a missing file that can only be downloaded after release), since technically that means this is a DRMed CDPR game. Won't argue too hard on it, but it does mean the disc isn't actually a standalone installer of the game.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/13/8533059/the-witcher-3-review-wild-hunt-PC-PS4-Xbox-one

That said, the world CD Projekt has created is oppressively misogynist. In some ways, the game deals directly with this — characters acknowledge again and again that it's hard to be a woman there, that it's a place of violence and terror and that women must work harder to be recognized and respected.

Then it kills them, over and over. There are several monster types devoted to murdered and wronged women whom Geralt is frequently asked to destroy, and other villainous characters are shown torturing or even butchering women to show just how evil they are. One sequence seemed specifically designed to see how long I could listen to a major female character have her fingernails pulled out before I ended the conversation to attack the individual in question. A later scene shows a villain literally surrounded by the bodies of murdered prostitutes.

a male character criticizing a woman for going into battle with her shirt hanging open is the "snake eating its own tail" of video game sexism

In another, a character who admitted to beating his wife so badly she miscarried is given an opportunity to explain why she had it coming, complete with a sympathetic conversation response option to go with it. The performances all around in this scene are excellent, the presentation among the best, most reined in anywhere in the game, but the message I saw it conveying was abhorrent.

I get that the setting of The Witcher 3 is meant to be a dark, dirty fantasy. But in a world that so explicitly goes out of its way to build a believable, distinctive take on the genre, the inclusion of so much violence explicitly directed against women feels like a clear, disconcerting choice. It's not just present, it's frequently a focus.

When they're not being murdered, women in The Witcher 3 are comically sexualized. Nudity is everywhere — think Game of Thrones on HBO — and even when they're dressed, female leads don't have it much better. One character, the subject of an extended series of side quests and whom plays a fairly important role in advancing the story wears a dress with a neckline so wide I was pretty sure I was seeing an areola every time she turned to the side (no, seriously).

Other moments are truly worthy of eye-rolling — as when one male character criticizes a woman for going into battle with her shirt hanging open, which is really the snake eating its own tail of video game sexism in a game where a significant portion of its speaking female characters are similarly and impractically exposed. Even Ciri, a daughter figure for Geralt and someone revealed to be incredibly powerful in her own right, walks around with her shirt unbuttoned in the middle, with a pretty clear view of a bra underneath — even when her attire changes to feature a fur-lined collar in colder climates.

I hope its Triss

A bit sad really. That we can think of no better endorsement than that Pologon thinks it's sexist. It might even be sexist, but we're all going to buy it because Polygon are tossers. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Amen.

Tea for the teapot!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What, the game is released? Boy, how the time flies.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy