Backer Reward Shipment Poll

Shipment Poll  

1419 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to receive your physical rewards?

• I would prefer to get my physical rewards at the game's release and the game discs at a later date.
    • I would prefer to get my physical rewards and game discs at the same time. I understand this may mean I will get my physical backer rewards a few weeks late.

So, probably I can receive my Project Eternity Collector's faster than I get my Wasteland 2 Signed Collector's :grin:

Good job guys! First option looks really nice to me. But, please, send physical goods with tracking (at least expensive ones)

Edited by AMKid

I really do not care if I get my physical rewards one or two months after the game release. I will get it and I do not really see the problem here. 

I think all backers that pledged high amounts for physical rewards had a main goal of supplying Obsidian with enough funds to be able to make 2nd coming of BG/IWD experience. 

I think Obsidian should do whatever is possible to secure as high as possible initial sales, and if they communicate their acts to backers it will all be OK, as we backers for sure want Obsidian to have great success with POE and to make great expansion for it and further to make other awesome cRPG games.

Best,

Aa

I am an international backer. Please DO NOT send the items in two separate shipments.

Whatever value you declare for the package, I will pay close to 100% taxes upon. If you send it in two parts, I get to pay taxes twice. So please, just don't.

Both items will take at least a month to get here, and then be held in a customs facility, so in my case all these ideas about sending stuff early are irrelevant (I appreciate the thought, and I can see how it can be cool for others - but PLEASE do not send me two packages).

I would also be interested in knowing what value would be declared for the packages. I am hoping it is the actual "product value", not the value spent on Kickstarter. This is very important for me to know, since the difference could be several hundred dollars in taxes.

Thank-you. Since my two posts before were in review for a while before accepted, when they were approved (cheers, by the way!) they were 'posted' in-place at the time they were made. Meaning, a lot of people didn't get to see my point.

PLEASE address this issue, Obsidian. Marking it as a gift doesn't always work and is technically a false declaration. Customs (in the UK at least) can ignore it if they wish,

• Like 1

If I have the choice, I would prefer getting my stuff ASAP and the discs later. BUT... it would be ok for me too if (to save money) I would get all my stuff in one package at a later date. I want you to have minimum work with my physical rewards so that most of your time and money goes into development or the game.

I am an international backer. Please DO NOT send the items in two separate shipments.

Whatever value you declare for the package, I will pay close to 100% taxes upon. If you send it in two parts, I get to pay taxes twice. So please, just don't.

Both items will take at least a month to get here, and then be held in a customs facility, so in my case all these ideas about sending stuff early are irrelevant (I appreciate the thought, and I can see how it can be cool for others - but PLEASE do not send me two packages).

I would also be interested in knowing what value would be declared for the packages. I am hoping it is the actual "product value", not the value spent on Kickstarter. This is very important for me to know, since the difference could be several hundred dollars in taxes.

Thank-you. Since my two posts before were in review for a while before accepted, when they were approved (cheers, by the way!) they were 'posted' in-place at the time they were made. Meaning, a lot of people didn't get to see my point.

PLEASE address this issue, Obsidian. Marking it as a gift doesn't always work and is technically a false declaration. Customs (in the UK at least) can ignore it if they wish,

I think they will have it make as inXile did for Wasteland 2. They shipped items for international buyers from Europe. So in my case (Germany) it was great as it didn't go through customs and I didn't have to pay additional taxes to my pledge.  I hope they will make same thing as inXile.

Edited by Aarionn
  • Like 2

I wonder why there is missing option #3 - do option #2 *but* give those backers digital key so they don't have to wait.
This way the collection is totally complete and no one has to wait for it to arrive to enjoy the game.
Or is it implied in #2 that the key will also be given?

I don't care but i vote for option 2.

I wonder why there is missing option #3 - do option #2 *but* give those backers digital key so they don't have to wait.
This way the collection is totally complete and no one has to wait for it to arrive to enjoy the game.
Or is it implied in #2 that the key will also be given?

This option is perfect for me.

I voted #1, because what I REALLY wanted were the goodies. I probably wouldn't even put the DVD in my drive.

I could even go without the disc really :) It's additional cost for Obsidian, while to me it has only sentimental value.

Of course people did pay for that, so it can't be considered an option #3 at all, those are just my feelings about this.

I must say, I am pretty excited about the release :)

I go with option 1 - I can still play on release date, and browse trough my stuff while the game is installing.

I really miss those physical items from back in the days with games.

I remember that every time I bought a game when I was a little kid, I would first read the entire manual (expect for BG2, god that was a huge manual) while my mom drove me home, or latter, when I took the bus from the shop to my house. It was a sad day when all the manuals stored to appear only as PDF.

Really appreciate that you guys are willing to make more costs just to please all your backers!

im not affected by this because im on the digital side, but if i was i would vote 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Dunno if the shipping costs for us poor souls outside of the US would be doubled with option 1, so I chose option 2.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Voted #2 because my backer tier includes a digital copy of the game that I can play until my physical stuff arrives, so it really makes no sense for me to ship stuff in parts and eat additional shipping costs. I appreciate the concern though and I think this poll was the right thing to do.

I'll understand if you go with #1, but I wish there was a way to ship mine en gros later with the disc, because those additional costs would be wasted in my case. That might end up doing more chaos damage than helping though.

Nothing gold can stay.

I think first option is preferable, at least for me as a Russian backer. Waiting for the copy with DVD will definitely take much longer then for USA and Europe comrades. Opening box with all the collector’s materials on day one (or near that day) and downloading my copy from GOG is much better then waiting couple of extra weeks. Especially for such an excellent RPG!