435 Discussion

Sensuki

Any chance of a screenshot of the new level up abilities screen?

Sure. Although I don't think anything has really changed? There is a border around the abilities once they've unlocked and I should thank the devs for that seeing as it was something I requested.

HpDKKMh.png

HNoTzzn.png

12Titw9.png

Thanks for the upload. All just looks a bit neater and more polished. I also put in a request for a border around the ability icon so kudos to us :D.

Interrupts are horribly broken in this build so if you pump it you'll quite literally interrupt on every hit. Pretty funny when you dual wield fast weapons.

finally I can build my build.

• Like 3

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

There are more talents to choose from at level up for those classes I've checked - the BB ones and the druid.

I don't want to choose from more, I want to choose more. I still don't feel like I can personalise my build enough with such a low number of talents and abilities.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Interrupts are horribly broken in this build so if you pump it you'll quite literally interrupt on every hit. Pretty funny when you dual wield fast weapons.

finally I can build my build.

actually i kind of agree. My favorite part of one of my favorite books was in the halfling's gem, where Drizzt was surrounded by a bunch of creatures and he managed to hit the baddie 15 times before they knew what hit them! It should probably be a temp effect, or a high level ability, but def something i'd like to have.  

There are more talents to choose from at level up for those classes I've checked - the BB ones and the druid.

I don't want to choose from more, I want to choose more. I still don't feel like I can personalise my build enough with such a low number of talents and abilities.

We're definitely on the same page on this! I'd love to see much more to choose from than what's currently available. :)

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

They actually used to be worse in v392, they used to crit for 120 damage. A lot of the stuff you could do to beat them has been taken away (Quadratic Rogue damage, High Accuracy characters). I am just playing with a Druid and the BB party atm, but I will go through with a custom adventurer party and see if it's much easier (it will be, especially with a sixth character and different classes).

Uploading a glorious failed attempt at the encounter, I stop trying about half way through, but you get the picture.

Dude you have to give that space button an oil check ;)

The patch notes say

Capes no longer clip with armor on the character's model.

No, they no longer do - not even connected to it in fact :p

Sorry? Looks perfectly fine to me:

v50mNGV.png GFkfMXc.png

;)

This needs work 

So far I have not seen this  except on the inventory sheet.  Windows 64 platform.  

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Max Intellect Barbarian is definitely an effective build. That extra Carnage AoE goes a long way. To get the most of it though, you need to dual wield and attack quickly so you get more carnage hits more often. Coupled with Two Weapon Fighting it's pretty beast. 

A bit too effective in this build due to the broken Interrupt though, heh. A hit pretty much guarantees an interrupt if you put Perception at like 15+

One thing I did to augment that though was use Rizetti's Thorn and an Enchanted Sword (Corrode Lash or something), the lash enchantments make a huge difference as far as DPS goes, because they scale with your damage roll & attack resolution.

Oh yeah ... I am a Hearth Orlan, and that also makes a LARGE difference as to character efficacy.

FutzCuv.jpg

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1