What you having for dinner tonight?

Tale

I also had pizza but mine was just pepperoni and mushroom

We got it delivered from a place called Marco's Coal-Fired Pizza but my wife always mispronounces the name as Coal-Fried

I like to mix it up a bit but she always gets the exact same pizza, something they call the Del Re

PS Bruce that pizza doesn't sound bad you take off the last 3 ingredients

You know whats weird, I added those last 3 so the Pizza isn't suppose to have them

:thumbsup:

You have a knack for food 

Here is the restaurant I ordered from, they specialize in Gourmet Pizzas 

http://www.colcacchio.co.za/

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My go-to pizza comes from Rosatti's Pizza.

Behold the Rosati's Monster Pizza:

The Rosati's original. Generous portions of sausage, pepperoni, ground beef, bacon, Canadian bacon, mushroom, onions, green peppers, black and green olives.

I could do without the green pepper and mushrooms but I just eat around them.

• Like 2

My go-to pizza comes from Rosatti's Pizza.

Behold the Rosati's Monster Pizza:

The Rosati's original. Generous portions of sausage, pepperoni, ground beef, bacon, Canadian bacon, mushroom, onions, green peppers, black and green olives.

I could do without the green pepper and mushrooms but I just eat around them.

Wowzers that pizza looks great, you see Gfted1 we have lots in common...like Pizza

Maybe we should go there on our first date  meeting....I assume you prefer somewhere where you feel comfortable  :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm treating myself to a Cheese Fondu today because I have to work this weekend and I had to cancel a weekend away at the river  with a  group of really good friends  ;(

So a Cheese Fondue should make me feel better and I will buying the proper Swiss Cheese like Raclette  and Gruyere   :dancing:  :dancing:

John Milton 

• 2 weeks later...

So, oddly enough, I never made chili before and I decided to give it a go today.  Overall, the taste is okay, I definitely need to tweak the ratio of some things in the future (need more beans and peppers), but it's decent for a first attempt, except...  I sort of way overestimated how much spice to put in and I can only eat about 4 spoonfuls before I have to stop and wait for 5-10 minutes to recover.  What possessed me to dump in that much cayenne and Jamaican hot sauce?  >_<

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, oddly enough, I never made chili before and I decided to give it a go today.  Overall, the taste is okay, I definitely need to tweak the ratio of some things in the future (need more beans and peppers), but it's decent for a first attempt, except...  I sort of way overestimated how much spice to put in and I can only eat about 4 spoonfuls before I have to stop and wait for 5-10 minutes to recover.  What possessed me to dump in that much cayenne and Jamaican hot sauce?  >_<

Cayenne and beans in chilli? You should be ashamed.

I ate a burrito from Freebirds and drank shots of tequila with Oculto beer.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Cayenne and beans in chilli? You should be ashamed.

But beans are awesome.  They're delicious, they have protein, and they make you fart.  That's a win-win-win in my book.  :biggrin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Polish food

Dunno what most of it was called but it was good

Edit- checked the receipt and we had

5 golabki, grilled kielbasa w/ onions, 15 pierogies, mini schnitzel w/ mushroom sauce, bigos, and cucumber dill salad.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

World in turmoil, forum overrun, made a grilled-cheese sandwhich, simple but amazing comfort. 

Just had an idea to put pepperoni in the next one. 

I've had them with ham but never with pepperoni before

Please let me know that works out

PS Had Korean for dinner last night

Edited by ShadySands

Polish food

Dunno what most of it was called but it was good

Edit- checked the receipt and we had

5 golabki, grilled kielbasa w/ onions, 15 pierogies, mini schnitzel w/ mushroom sauce, bigos, and cucumber dill salad.

we absolute love polish food.  during our time in europe, we spent an extra week in gdansk 'cause a woman running a restaurant in that beautiful city allowed us into her kitchen for eight days.  woman offers a complete stranger eight full days o' cooking advice simple 'cause we complimented her and asked 'bout constructing her bigos. 

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64313-what-you-having-for-dinner-tonight/?p=1375166

another oddity, the babushka who taught us referred to her golabki as "pigs in the blanket," which caused some initial confusion.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm putting together the last items for my Thanksgiving dinner and then it's off to the store for some final ingredients

Pretty standard fare this year as we have turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, and cranberry sauce but I'm also combining (almost) all of those ingredients and making steamed dumpling on the side (will leave out yams altogether and save cranberry as a topping instead of putting in the dumpling). Overall it's a little boring so I'm still looking for something to add a little more flair

We don't have a lot of people coming over either so I'm looking for something I can make in smaller batches

• Like 1

Don't know if it would add flair, but Brazilian cheese bread is my new favorite holiday edible. Not quite bite-sized, they're little hot round bread balls infused with cheese that you open like a biscuit, put butter on it, or any topping, or nothing, or eat it whole. Pao de queijo. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

The pepperoni grilled cheese worked fine, but not fantastic--I'm guessing simply not enough time to cook the juices out before the cheese melts. Then I re-realized that jalapeños improve everything, so I added a bunch of those and pepper jack cheese and now I can't feel my face. 

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow I'm going to by a box of turkey hearts. I just cook them in water for about 10 minutes, add salt and eat them. It looks gruesome, it does not smell very great but hearts taste extremely good. 

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Pork tenderloin cooked in sesame oil with tofu, woodear mushrooms, and sweet chili sauce

You lost me at tofu. The rest sounds good though.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...