What you having for dinner tonight?

Tale

Tried a pork rib place the other week. Heard great things about it from other people. They were large (not the small babyback) and meaty and the sauce was ok, but holy cow they were super strong with that fake liquid smoke taste. Made it really hard to eat without drowning them in sauce. I've since decided these "other people" have broken tastebuds. They also thought certain Chinese food was good, until we showed them better.

I swear, there aren't any good basic eateries here at this point (used to be some, all gone now). *pouts*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 3 weeks later...

Not for dinner, but just in case you ever want to impress anyone with a fruit hedgehog...because, reasons.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

Right I'm making my famous " BruceVC Spaghetti Bolognese " for lunch today

I have an excellent bottle of red wine which I'll be cooking with and drinking...or course !!!

And I'll be inviting a member of the fairer sex to join me in my Italian festivities ..so the day is looking really good  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Not for dinner, but worth noting, Cheesy Garlic Bread potato chips taste exactly like cheesy garlic bread. Even the texture seems buttery and toasted. 

The other flavor I grabbed is Cheddar Bacon Mac and Cheese. Haven't opened it, waiting 'till after I get back from Utah. I miss home already and I haven't even left yet. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Right I'm making my famous " BruceVC Spaghetti Bolognese " for lunch today

If it's famous why haven't I heard of it until now? I keep up with famous dishes and you sir, are a charlatan.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Last night I had McDonald's, two double (processed)cheese(product) burgers with extra (processed)cheese(product) and a small order of (probably)fries.

This is my SOP

1. Remove (peel off) top bun

2. Visually inspect the product

3. Count the 5 pieces of onion

4. Remove the pickle

5. Give the pickle to my wife  :brows:

6. Attach a small number of freedom fries in a crisscrossed pattern

7. Reapply top bun

This morning I was so sick to my stomach that I threw up during my workout

Totally worth it

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Last night I had McDonald's, two double (processed)cheese(product) burgers with extra (processed)cheese(product) and a small order of (probably)fries.

This is my SOP

1. Remove (peel off) top bun

2. Visually inspect the product

3. Count the 5 pieces of onion

4. Remove the pickle

5. Give the pickle to my wife  :brows:

6. Attach a small number of freedom fries in a crisscrossed pattern

7. Reapply top bun

This morning I was so sick to my stomach that I threw up during my workout

Totally worth it

I sometimes, rarely, eat Mcdonalds but why do you eat it ? You are surrounded by good food in Denver and you are a foodie?  Do you really like the Mcdonalds ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sometimes I want what I shouldn't have

Besides it was the only thing nearby that was open after midnight and yeah, I kinda do actually like it

I had Mcdonalds about two weeks ago, I had the double pound burger with 2 EXTRA slices of cheese 

It was very tasty as I was very stoned  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Oh man I totally peel off the top bun every time and remove offending pickles. Why do they exist and who put them there. Were they forced to do it. 

It happens less now, thanks to breakfast being served all day at McD's. Someone who is normal and well-adjusted realized you don't mix pickles with bacon, egg, and cheeses. Burger King has better burgers anyway, but still puts pickles all over the place. Carl's Jr. has a new super spicy Diablo burger I'd love to try. No pickles.    

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Oh man I totally peel off the top bun every time and remove offending pickles. Why do they exist and who put them there. Were they forced to do it. 

It happens less now, thanks to breakfast being served all day at McD's. Someone who is normal and well-adjusted realized you don't mix pickles with bacon, egg, and cheeses. Burger King has better burgers anyway, but still puts pickles all over the place. Carl's Jr. has a new super spicy Diablo burger I'd love to try. No pickles.    

How oftem do you eat McDonalds. You and I have very similar hamburger tastes..whenever you describe the burgers you have at proper restaurants they always sound delicious....plus we both like drinking so that  wouldn't be a problem   o:)

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

I actually ate at a "Rally's" fast food chain today. I rarely eat fast food (usually it's veggies and I'm just so dang bored of veggies) so I went a little nuts. I got a double BBQ bacon cheese burger (sounds healthy) which has two burger patties, lettuce, BBQ sauce, 2 fried onion rings, and plenty of bacon. It was pretty tasty. I also got a small chili and a small box of chicken bites (basically chicken nuggets) to go with it.

Rally's is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I like it, but I kinda feel bad after I eat it; I think, "Dang. That's so unhealthy! Next time I should just go to subway."

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I actually ate at a "Rally's" fast food chain today. I rarely eat fast food (usually it's veggies and I'm just so dang bored of veggies) so I went a little nuts. I got a double BBQ bacon cheese burger (sounds healthy:)) which has two burger patties, lettuce, BBQ sauce, 2 fried onion rings, and plenty of bacon. It was pretty tasty. I also got a small chili and a small box of chicken bites (basically chicken nuggets) to go with it.

Rally's is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I like it, but I kinda feel bad after I eat it; I think, "Dang. That's so unhealthy! Next time I should just go to subway."

Veggies vs Hamburger .....not much of a choice there young grasshopper, hamburger wins easily :)

John Milton 

I actually ate at a "Rally's" fast food chain today. I rarely eat fast food (usually it's veggies and I'm just so dang bored of veggies) so I went a little nuts. I got a double BBQ bacon cheese burger (sounds healthy:)) which has two burger patties, lettuce, BBQ sauce, 2 fried onion rings, and plenty of bacon. It was pretty tasty. I also got a small chili and a small box of chicken bites (basically chicken nuggets) to go with it.

Veggies vs Hamburger .....not much of a choice there young grasshopper, hamburger wins easily :)

Well, usually I actually do choose veggies (especially celery), but I'm just kinda bored of them. I need change. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of bananas tomorrow. 

Midnight snack, Pop-Tarts PB and J Strawberry. The PB is pretty weak, so, I smeared a fat pat of Skippy Super Chunk onto a pair of hot tarts. 

I eat healthy, too, sometimes. I've tried kale. Soon after, asparagus showed up with cream cheese and put down a tasteful beating.  

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Midnight snack, Pop-Tarts PB and J Strawberry. The PB is pretty weak, so, I smeared a fat pat of Skippy Super Chunk onto a pair of hot tarts. 

I eat healthy, too, sometimes. I've tried kale. Soon after, asparagus showed up with cream cheese and put down a tasteful beating.  

It sounds like the type of midnight food  raiding I do when I have the munchies :lol:

John Milton 

It was totally a stoney baloney snack, but no puff puff give 'round here. Chug chug burp, usually. Mary just makes me sad, don't know why.  

Yeah I hear that from several people I know where smoking weed makes them feel  either paranoid, stupid or depressed. So they just wont do it 

But I think this is to do with the quality of weed a persons smokes, cheap weed can make you feel like that. I only suffer from feeling stupid at times when I'm stoned...but that's part of the fun. My natural personality is where I tend to think about many things all at once and sometimes this can be a little  disruptive. So  focusing and thinking about one thing, like a TV series or funny movie, is a nice break for me 

John Milton 

Back in the days when I was young and I still did that sort of thing, what it mostly did was put me to sleep. Which was alright really, because I've always had trouble getting to sleep.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I plan on throwing some T-bones and asparagus on the grill this weekend. Got the steaks, got a full tank of gas, never actually grilled asparagus before but it looks pretty painless. Just slather with olive oil and salt and toss it on the grill.

Sounds good, the asparagus will cook  very quick..2-3 minutes I reckon ?

• Like 1

John Milton 

never actually grilled asparagus before but it looks pretty painless. Just slather with olive oil and salt and toss it on the grill.

That's pretty much it, although a splash of something acidic (lemon or your favorite type of vinegar) is a nice addition.  They cook quickly-- and cool quickly once cooked-- so it's probably best to toss them on when you remove the steaks to rest. 

• Like 1

I usually put asparagus in foil and let it sit on the grill for about 15 minutes.  That way they are nice and soft, but still a bit crispy from cooking in the oil.  I use olive oil, salt, and pepper.

• Like 2