What you having for dinner tonight?

Tale

Obnoxious food pics for Bruce

Nothing really out there except for maybe the black pasta

IMG_3332.jpgIMG_3339.jpgIMG_3517_2.jpgIMG_3524.jpg

11889412_10153455980161223_738610129887911892223_10153455979976223_697140038961211870893_10153455979656223_385418943269011846674_10153453733106223_7372047927458

And a bonus pic of my breakfast vs my wife's breakfast

11899826_10153457185021223_3325290812449

Those photos have made me even more hungry...what salami are those ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No idea of it's name, sorry

The waiter said it was some local white fish but his English wasn't great and my Italian was limited to excuse me, thank you, and the number 2

EDIT- No idea either, Bruce. I asked and they were just like this is salami from such and such place

Also, I was pretty much always at least slightly drunk

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm having a grilled chicken salad. But before that I'm enjoying a glass of Four Roses single barrel fine Kentucky bourbon.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Pizza tonight : Double Cheese, bacon, ham, salami, jalapenos , mushrooms, garlic , banana, and tomato 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I made mussels in a beer based sauce

Simple but nice

What does your sauce consist of ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Pretty much just cleaning out the fridge. Some leeks, shallots, garlic, butter, cream, wheat beer, and salt to taste. I like it a little spicy so some red pepper as well.

I had to edit my original post because I asked if you made a base Roux then I realized its mussels and a Roux would be too thick   :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Rice with chicken pieces and tons of my hottest Habaneros. 

You know your meal has enough chili pepper in it if people run out of the kitchen because the fumes burn their eyes and lungs. *cackles* 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

My Wife's friends are coming over tonight. So I'm making this: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/03/lowcountry-boil-from-around-the-southern-tabl.html

Going to the store now to get the ingredients.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's cooking now... holy s--t does this smell good!

Thomas Sowell

How did it taste? I like doing meals like this because they do cater for a group and basically are about letting flavors and ingredients  infuse together in a pot...like a stew. So theoretically it shouldn't be too difficult to get it right.....of course that's theoretical :geek:  

John Milton 

How did it taste? I like doing meals like this because they do cater for a group and basically are about letting flavors and ingredients  infuse together in a pot...like a stew. So theoretically it shouldn't be too difficult to get it right.....of course that's theoretical :geek:  

It got a 9.2 on the awesome scale. I made a broccoli salad to go with it and nice California pinot blanc. Then afterwards we all retired to the porch for glasses of fine bourbon and dull conversation. It was nice. The thing is I barely know these folks so I didn't have much to say. Tommy & Sunny liked them all so they are ok with me then. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

I was thinking about the most horrible dinner I could possibly make. I liked my idea of baked intestines completely filled with cooked sheep eyes and pig brain.

I think thats what I'm going to cook next Halloween.

Edited by Woldan

• 2 weeks later...

Had noodles with tomatoes, ham, cheese and of course chili. Chili with 1.000.000 scoville, and it was tasty.  

Somebody asked me if I cooked for a whole platoon because I cut so much hot chili, his expression was priceless when I said it was for a single meal.  :devil:

chiliwold_zps8ytt0grq.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of my designer Pizzas tonight, this time I went with

Italian sausage, chorizo, mushroom, onion, roasted red pepper, chilli, Gorgonzola, Banana and bacon

It is delicious  :dancing:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I also had pizza but mine was just pepperoni and mushroom

We got it delivered from a place called Marco's Coal-Fired Pizza but my wife always mispronounces the name as Coal-Fried

I like to mix it up a bit but she always gets the exact same pizza, something they call the Del Re

PS Bruce that pizza doesn't sound bad you take off the last 3 ingredients

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21