Keyrock

Now I'm back at work I'm going to be really watching what I eat, so its a salad for dinner with fish or some meat. 

And then I  take food to work every day so I don't eat take-aways :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Crow

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kraft Dinner with ketchup and sliced hot dogs. Delicious.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Beef/bell pepper strips over rice. Yummy. I love bell peppers. As long as they aren't over-cooked. Well, the one time over-cooked bell's are ok is when they're stuffed and oven baked, but that's a different thing entirely.

...I don't like over-cooked vegies. So hard to get them just right. That not raw anymore but still crispyish to bite for that nice texture in a meal, stage. Since I'm not Chef Ramsey, I usually cook/saute them a bit in a pan first, set aside, then toss them in at the very end.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

or not

Reservations changed to some Asian fusion place

I can hear the "ding" of that temporary disappoint from way over here. :lol:

Hope the Asian fusion is equally delicious for you...never know!

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This week is burrito week (when I make burritos, I make a lot of them).  Nothing special: Ground beef, refried beans, chiles, cheese, and rice.  If necessary, I can cast an empowered Cloudkill at a moment's notice.  ;)

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

or not

Reservations changed to some Asian fusion place

had an asian girlfriend at berkeley that taught us where to eat chinese and thai food in the bay area. sadly, she were a rich girl and so we only really learned where some o' the most expensive asian restaurants in the bay area were located.  am not sure how helpful her teachings were in the long run. we do know that she Loathed china town restaurants as they offered fodder fit only for the tourists.

*shrug*

we has been to more than a few asian countries and we learned to never buy meat from a street vendor in thailand, and that if anybody offers you anything they describe as "cheese" in an asian country, it likely is something foul and non-dairy related... weird fish-paste that smells like a pile o' dirty jockstraps.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Meh, worst of the worst. Junk food glorious junk food. The downside to being abroad working on a project and no decent places to eat anywhere near the hotel or the office (and not enough time to scour the surrounding neighbourhood for decent places).

Sort of strange considering being "abroad" when working on a project in Denmark (a multinational company with branches in a lot of European countries).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Man I'd kill for some fast food at not shoddy hospital grub at this point. Keep it coming guys, eat great for me ;)

food in hospitals is purposeful nutritious, but none too appealing. the beds allow one to rest, but they is not particular comfortable.  you is s'posed to wanna leave hospitals as soon as possible.  is likely a good sign that you want something better. 

even so, we typical managed to sneak in burgers to our sister when she were in the hospital... we even brought her dog (a small thing that easily fit in a backpack) to see her a couple times... much to the chagrin o' the nurses.  our sister weren't even a burger fan, but for some reason, she always wanted squeeze inn burgers.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Man I'd kill for some fast food at not shoddy hospital grub at this point. Keep it coming guys, eat great for me wink.png

food in hospitals is purposeful nutritious, but none too appealing. the beds allow one to rest, but they is not particular comfortable.  you is s'posed to wanna leave hospitals as soon as possible.  is likely a good sign that you want something better. 

even so, we typical managed to sneak in burgers to our sister when she were in the hospital... we even brought her dog (a small thing that easily fit in a backpack) to see her a couple times... much to the chagrin o' the nurses.  our sister weren't even a burger fan, but for some reason, she always wanted squeeze inn burgers.

HA! Good Fun!

The stress caused by uncomfortable hospital conditions would not be conducive to recovery from any real illness or injury. American hospitals, at least, are almost all profit-driven and owned by insurance companies; they frequently have fast food franchises in their cafeterias. It's not a matter of some ill-considered concept of "making people miserable will make them recover more quickly," it's a matter of "use the cheapest products that patients and their families will tolerate to maximize profit margins."

Not me eating it, but the most relevant place for this:

<<Une armée marche à son estomac.>> ("An army marches on its stomach.")

-Napoleon Bonaparte.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Man I'd kill for some fast food at not shoddy hospital grub at this point. Keep it coming guys, eat great for me wink.png

HA! Good Fun!

The stress caused by uncomfortable hospital conditions would not be conducive to recovery from any real illness or injury. American hospitals, at least, are almost all profit-driven and owned by insurance companies; they frequently have fast food franchises in their cafeterias. It's not a matter of some ill-considered concept of "making people miserable will make them recover more quickly," it's a matter of "use the cheapest products that patients and their families will tolerate to maximize profit margins."

Usually if I'm temp-super-sick/injured, I don't have much appetite anyway, either from the illness or the treatment or both. The IV in my arm helps too. By the time I'm craving a really huge steak, it's usually time to leave. But yeah, hospital food could use ... a little improvement. I don't expect gourmet, but jello in a cup isn't my thing.

Not me eating it, but the most relevant place for this:

<<Une armée marche à son estomac.>> ("An army marches on its stomach.")

-Napoleon Bonaparte.

I miss the vanilla and strawberry shakes

Some of them aren't that bad going in but coming back out is another issue

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ingredients

• 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, room temperature, plus more for baking sheets
  • 3 cups packed light-brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups best-quality chocolate chips (I use Hershey’s special dark)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment; set aside. Cream butter until smooth; add sugars, and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Into a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
  2. Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons dough per cookie onto prepared baking sheets; space dough at least 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets, and allow to cool on baking racks.
  3. Enjoy some phenomenal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Yield Makes fifty 4-inch cookies

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

It's the dead of winter and we have another week of brutally cold temperatures coming up.  This seems like an opportune time to break out the slow cooker and make some clam chowder.  :yes:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks