What you did today

LadyCrimson

I haven't been ill in nine and a half years so I guess I must be doing something right.

That's untrue, you've been ill. You've even said so in these threads. YouRE WEaK. WwwWWeeEEEaaAaaaKkKKKkkkkK!!!!!!111111!11!

Oh, good! I thought I was going insane, because I could swear he was posting about being sick recently.

I haven't been ill in nine and a half years so I guess I must be doing something right.

That's untrue, you've been ill. You've even said so in these threads. YouRE WEaK. WwwWWeeEEEaaAaaaKkKKKkkkkK!!!!!!111111!11!

I had food poisoning, two times, last time it was spring last year but there is nothing you can do when you flood your body with bacterial toxins. Those were just three days total though.  getlost.gif Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I had food poisoning, two times, but there is nothing you can do when you flood your body with bacterial toxins. Those were just three total days though.  :getlost:

*chuckle*

ironic. what precipitated this current line o' discussion were mention o' a case o' meningitis. one o' the common causes o' spinal meningitis is, you guessed it, a bacterial toxin. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I had food poisoning, two times, last time it was spring last year but there is nothing you can do when you flood your body with bacterial toxins. Those were just three days total though.  getlost.gif

Lies! You've had an headache and one or two other things I can't remember. You are mortal, like the rest of us. Mortal, I tell you.

Lies! You've had an headache and one or two other things I can't remember. You are mortal, like the rest of us. Mortal, I tell you.

......living tissue over a metal endoskeleton...........

• Like 1

My family members aren't mutants and luck doesn't exist, especially luck that lasts for over 9 years, I'm simply making the right lifestyle choices, thats all.

Well, we all are mutants to some degree, it's what drives evolution afterall. :p

And while luck might not be an actual magic force as such, it's much easier to say luck or chance than saying you've not met contagious people or been exposed.

I'm fairly certain that if you'd have french kissed me shortly before christmas that you'd have a pretty sore throat by now. ;)

Edit; Oh, and thank you for determining what movie I'm going to have to watch tonight! :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

*insert eye-roll*

we could tell you, but we would have to educate you first. is the reason we didn't bother explaining cause & effect fallacy neither. 

*shrug*

in any event, if your immune system does not protect from bacterial toxins, we suspect you will be a bubble-boy in no time. were nice knowing you?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And while luck might not be an actual magic force as such, it's much easier to say luck or chance than saying you've not met contagious people or been exposed.

The last couple of years I visited 6 festivals with 30.000 - 180.000 visitors, the last one with the 180k visitors with a tent sharing only a handful disgusting portable toilets with thousands of other people while eating junk food in the blistering heat of the summer for 4 days. And I often go the mall and visit the theater. Not to mention airports and traveling. I have faced and I am facing as many germs as any other person in my age. wink.png

*insert eye-roll*

we could tell you, but we would have to educate you first. is the reason we didn't bother explaining cause & effect fallacy neither. 

*shrug*

in any event, if your immune system does not protect from bacterial toxins, we suspect you will be a bubble-boy in no time. were nice knowing you?

HA! Good Fun!

Oh, but you've always been so talkative and eager to share your wisdom! This makes us me sad. 

And my immune system protecting me from bacterial toxins - it evidently did. 

Edited by Woldan

we has given up trying to help you with basic understandings multiple times, so why should this time be different?  if we honestly gotta explain cause and effect, we is kinda at a dead-end right from the start. 

george burns smoked cigars daily and drank hard liquor in substantial quantities. his health deteriorated at the age of 98 when he fell in the shower and cracked his skull. a person who wishes to live to see 98 or 100 should therefore smoke cigars daily and drink hard liquor. no? no.

trying to explain irony to you would be like trying to climb mount everest while juggling rabid dingoes.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Good thing I'll be 30 for only 365 days.

george burns smoked cigars daily and drank hard liquor in substantial quantities. his health deteriorated at the age of 98 when he fell in the shower and cracked his skull. a person who wishes to live to see 98 or 100 should therefore drink cigars daily and drink hard liquor. no? no.

Oh, but I'm perfectly aware of what irony is, thats why I asked you where the irony in your post is. If you had understood me maybe

then you'd have realized that there is tiny difference in eating spoiled cooked meat filled with bacterial toxins and a live bacterial meningitis infection, a tiny difference that kind of makes it non-irony.

Edited by Woldan

Yeah but everything changes PERMANENTLY. So ceasing to be 30 is no help

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks for pointing that out, I would have never guessed.....

I should use more smiley's.   :yes: 

And I know people who turned 30, years ago, I have not noticed any fundamental changes neither mentally nor physically. Guess age is just a number after all. 

Edited by Woldan

Good thing I'll be 30 for only 365 days.

george burns smoked cigars daily and drank hard liquor in substantial quantities. his health deteriorated at the age of 98 when he fell in the shower and cracked his skull. a person who wishes to live to see 98 or 100 should therefore drink cigars daily and drink hard liquor. no? no.

Oh, but I'm perfectly aware of what irony is, thats why I asked you where the irony in your post is. If you had understood me maybe

then you'd have realized that there is tiny difference in eating spoiled cooked meat filled with bacterial toxins and a live bacterial meningitis infection, a tiny difference that kind of makes it non-irony.

*sigh*

you could do a search of "bacterial toxins" and see what diseases and afflictions they cause.  might help.

is as far as we is going up the slopes o' everest with dingoes flying. we tried to explain compound interest and other seeming simple stuff such as why craftsman tend to keep their tools and workplace clean, but we had no more luck in those cases.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

I fail to see logic in "it doesn't really happen" following after "I didn't notice it other poeple". I mean, if your posts are anything to go by you're not exactly observant, nor a people person. If you didn't notice it, it coud just as easily mean that you didn't notice it.

is as far as we is going up the slopes o' everest with dingoes flying. we tried to explain compound interest and other seeming simple stuff such as why craftsman tend to keep their tools and workplace clean, but we had no more luck in those cases.

Maybe I'm not really interested in what you're saying anymore because mostly you speak from things you have little experience in and base everything you say on theories yet tell people how to do certain things they've been doing for years very successfully. Like I told you before, I've been a successful craftsman who is happy with what he makes. Thank you for literally telling me that I'm an idiot and no good because I have a different philosophy on cleaning my workplace but thank you.

What was your job again? I do not remember but I'm certain you weren't doing it properly. Let me tell you, in the most unpleasant manner I can manage, what you've been doing wrong for so many years:.......

I fail to see logic in "it doesn't really happen" following after "I didn't notice it other poeple". I mean, if your posts are anything to go by you're not exactly observant, nor a people person. If you didn't notice it, it coud just as easily mean that you didn't notice it.

Or maybe its the person on the other end of the line who is the faulty observant? Naturally, I trust myself more. 

I value personal experience, my own observations, over what people say on the Internet. I consider advice and other peoples view on this media, if my personal experience says something different I'll make further investigations. In the meantime I'll base my future decisions on my observations and experiences. 

About turning 30: I'm 3.8 years shy of turning 30, my logic says I wont suddenly develop a man-menopause in ~1400 days, there aren't any kind of signs or even hints of drastic change, my observations of close friends and family members who turned 30 support my logical thinking. Secondly age is a very vague and very individual thing, 30=/=30.

2 people on the Internet say things will get ugly when turning 30. Conclusion: further investigation required, for now for me the validity of that statement is highly questionably at best. May be special cases. 

Edited by Woldan

I'm looking forward to Woldan reaching the age of 30.  Everything changes then.  EVERYTHING.   :p

The thing that I'm the most worried about is what my friends might do to me for my birthday. They tend to do things big and crazy, and as much as I love them, crazy wild days is'nt really my cup of tea.

I value personal experience, my own observations, over what people say on the Internet.

I'm a sucker for scientific concensus myself, I don't trust my own observations enough about most things.

I might purposefully ignore scientific concensus though, I don't give a rats ass if milk is bad and increases my chances of prostate cancer. I will still drink two litres a day. :bat:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thanks for pointing that out, I would have never guessed.....

I should use more smiley's. yes.gif

And I know people who turned 30, years ago, I have not noticed any fundamental changes neither mentally nor physically. Guess age is just a number after all.

Well if you got that, your riposte doesn't really work all that well.

Listening to experiences can't hurt, at the very least it gives you an impetus to learn about the material in depth enough to disprove it. *nod*

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I value personal experience, my own observations, over what people say on the Internet.

I'm a sucker for scientific concensus myself, I don't trust my own observations enough about most things.

yeah, folks discounting science in lieu o' personal anecdotal evidence is why faith healers and rand paul is able to so easily hoodwink folks.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

yeah, folks discounting science in lieu o' personal anecdotal evidence is why faith healers and rand paul is able to so easily hoodwink folks.

HA! Good Fun!

:dancing:

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

I might purposefully ignore scientific consensus though, I don't give a rats ass if milk is bad and increases my chances of prostate cancer. I will still drink two litres a day. bat.gif

A good stance, but where do you get your scientific consensus from? Getting reliable sources is the problem. I can only think of a handful of valid and proven sources for, for example, medical consensus . Edited by Woldan

This is the first time I've ever had anything more serious than a slight infection or influenza.

As for the people asking what it is. It started as a small infection in the lungs that spread to the brain by a case of rare bad luck. The scary part was that the doctor pointed out, if the first 24 hours hadn't gone as well as they did I would've had a 10-15% chance of dying despite treatment, but now I'm in the clear.. Phew

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

A good stance, but where do you get your scientific consensus from? Getting reliable sources is the problem. I can only think of a handful of valid and proven sources for, for example, medical consensus .

Generally speaking, I read some science journals and books I borrow from the local library, if I hear something interesting from people that I feel I need to know more about I go looking for more information about it. I have a few friends at Chalmers and Astra Zeneca that I speak to now and then that can clarify things for me if need be.

Not really sources of information but I also listen to the Skeptics guide to the universe wich is quite entertaining and I do read Bad Astronomy and Neurologica blog now and then.

What was your job again?

Gromnir's a Lawyer, IIRC.

About turning 30: I'm 3.8 years shy of turning 30, my logic says I wont suddenly develop a man-menopause in ~1400 days, there aren't any kind of signs or even hints of drastic change, my observations of close friends and family members who turned 30 support my logical thinking. Secondly age is a very vague and very individual thing, 30=/=30.

2 people on the Internet say things will get ugly when turning 30. Conclusion: further investigation required, for now for me the validity of that statement is highly questionably at best. May be special cases.

Genetics will also play a part. Also how much of your normal exercise and health patterns you stay in as you age, as well as diet. And IIRC you'll be starting 30 better than most people from an exercise and general health standpoint.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man