Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

I did try it at level 12 on Hard, assuming that was the level I was meant to play it on. It still cleaned my party's clock at that point. That said, I haven't gotten too balls-deep into the crafting, and from what I'm told that's where you go into game-breaker territory.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

If you guys are doing the Ferelden Frostback at 12 or 13, you better tell me you're doing it on Normal.

Or I will hate you. I did it level 15 on Hard.

Yeah, I never do first try on Hard unless normal has no complexity. I'm just not that awesome first time around.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I do it on Hard partially because it was the "Golden Mean" for me for Dragon Age: Origins, partially because Kevin Van Ord, one of the few games writers whose opinions I respect these days, had said in his review that Inquisition required fairly little strategy (and I'm assuming as a reviewer he played it on Normal), and partially because I started playing Inquisition on the tail end of finishing a replay of Icewind Dale 2.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I admit I'm slow to pick up game mechanics and sometimes make blindingly stupid errors.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If you guys are doing the Ferelden Frostback at 12 or 13, you better tell me you're doing it on Normal.

Took it on at level 13 on Hard, right after got the KE specialization and respeced.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Took it on at level 13 on Hard, right after got the KE specialization and respeced.

KE I will accept without hating you. This time.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So after the patch objects found with search now show up in the minimap. Pretty convenient, except books don't seem to.

Anyways, does anyone know where to grab a T3 masterwork schematic for mage armor besides that shop in the wastes?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Anyways new patch is out.

It is?  That's disappointing, then, since the party banter is still nonexistent for me and a dialogue cutscene hung up when I was talking to Cassandra back at Haven.  Two things that were supposed to be addressed in the patch.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Anyways new patch is out.

It is?  That's disappointing, then, since the party banter is still nonexistent for me and a dialogue cutscene hung up when I was talking to Cassandra back at Haven.  Two things that were supposed to be addressed in the patch.

I believe the party banter is slated for the next patch.  

Wow ... the outrage on the Bio boards over what this latest patch has done to a lot of PC gamers' games is ... frightening.

How does a patch manage to make a game (especially its graphics) worse than before it was patched?  That takes some extra special talent to pull that off.

"What's that?  You've got a draft?  No problem, we'll keep the draft there AND give you a leaky roof once we're done!"

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"They clearly never bothered to test the game, no beta testing, and they don't care, the very same mistake they did in the past two games of the same series, that is why Cory can be killed in less than 30 seconds, how come the last battle that is supposed to be climatic end in less than 30 seconds?"

Eh. Plenty of end bosses can be killed within 30 seconds if you 'cheese'. Including plenty of BIO games. And, the ones who cna't are usually vheesy with ridiculous amount of HP . See your precious DA1.

And, BIO never 'lied'. Don't lie.

"a game is not just a game you know,"

False.

A game is just a game. PERIOD.

"Customers always right you know"

I hoep this is sarcasm because this simply isn't true.

If you kill Cory fast enough, the game glitched, you don't get cutscenes, and ypu stuck. Clearly THEY DIDN"T TEST THE GAME, they never calculate the mechanic, they sell you broken product (same like DA:O, they never test DA:O)

Wow ... the outrage on the Bio boards over what this latest patch has done to a lot of PC gamers' games is ... frightening.

How does a patch manage to make a game (especially its graphics) worse than before it was patched?  That takes some extra special talent to pull that off.

"What's that?  You've got a draft?  No problem, we'll keep the draft there AND give you a leaky roof once we're done!"

What's going on?

What's going on?

There's (when I last checked) a 68+ page thread where people are complaining about how everything is now low res after the patch.  Plus, it sounds like the stability of the game has even gotten worse than prior to the patch.

Not sure if that's only PC-related.  I didn't notice anything drastic on my PS4, other than like I said about the same party banter/dialogue hang ups still being present for me.

So I keep disappearing when walking around now and lose a chunk of health every time. I think I'm going to put this aside for a bit and come back to it in a few months.

In my experience, this is the case with just about every game. :D

Oh well, is playable for me still.

Some of the character models before and after the patch are hilarious in that Bio thread.  The patch turned some female warrior who looked young and vibrant into a 90 year old hag with so many wrinkles she'd make a prune jealous.

My second dragon, The Greater Mistral, went down because of my greatness. I not only crafted some weapons for me, but also my party members. I even did a 2000+ hit point strike but the dragon had its defense shields up.

Since the patch my character's hair looks greasy slicked back.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Since the patch my character's hair looks greasy slicked back.

The hotfix tonight should fix that. Or you can use the workaround posted on the bio boards.

(One of the reasons of the patch was that low-end users couldn't turn off the grease. My Thedas has been full of oily hair, vegetation and whatnots since the release.)

Now I know why Feraldon smells like wet dog, greasy hair and unclean peasants.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester