Pre-orders and new trailer now live!

Hmmm, I'm thinking of buying add-ons and I'm disappointed that there isn't more of the t-shirt variety things.  I think the playing cards and t-shirts sound kind of cool, although I understand that entails getting someone to physically manufacture the stuff and then the headache of shipping it out.

So, if I want to purchase the Xpacs as gifts, I can just save the key and send it to the person on his or her birthday or whatnot?  Is that how it works?  What I mean by this is that all keys are independent of one another, so the Xpac keys are not tied to any of the game keys that ship?  I know this is a noobish question, but I'm not keen on taking things for granted.  I've already got one extra digital copy as an addon in addition to the digital copy that comes with my pledge tier.

My next newbie question is, does the collectors box from my tier contain anything in the actual game that I won't receive in my digital copy?  I was thinking I might save the box to use as a donation to one of the charities on our list and use the digital copy for myself.  That leaves the Xpac I have in my tier and I could either purchase another Xpac as an add-on for the person to whom I'm giving the other digital copy or maybe getting one or three additional digital copies and gifting them.  For myself, I have no problems giving someone an IOU this Christmas because they'll still end up with a great game in the long run.  Plus I'll give them some smaller gift as a placeholder, so they'll score two gifts anyway.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

buNTlRG.png

• Like 5

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

The piglet is obviously an entity of pure time-space. That's where your stash is.

NO one suspects the space piglet! o_O

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Sorry for my lacking of sense of humor, but I tend to become progressively less forgiving if I keep asking about good game mechanics and design decisions, such as weight limitation in inventory, and instead am being presented with "bonus" piglets. Such behavior reminds me of other companies, such that I don't like to be reminded about.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Sorry for my lacking of sense of humor, but I tend to become progressively less forgiving if I keep asking about good game mechanics and design decisions, such as weight limitation in inventory, and instead am being presented with "bonus" piglets. Such behavior reminds me of other companies, such that I don't like to be reminded about.

Is that really that big a deal? The player subverted that in BG2 (the true bar against which this game is measured in the minds of most on this forum) as soon as they started finding ammo, potion, scroll and gem containers. Then you get to Saradush (EDIT: I think you get one in Spellhold too) and get the bag of holding and thats all she wrote for inventory management. Moreover, as soon as half your guys are running around with belts of giant strength and gloves of ogre power, weight becomes a non-issue in BG2. If you make a custom party, all your melee start with ridico weight capacity right off the bat. I suppose one can argue that even though encumbrance or inventory slots are never a real issue in BG2, it is the illusion of a challenge that makes the player feel exceptional as he subverts it. Still, the bottom line in BG2 never really presents the player with meaningful challenges revolving around managing their inventory.

While I concur that it might have been nice if they implemented the stash a bit better and were a bit more mindful of stat based encumbrance, their implementation of strength (as being more than physical strength) somewhat limited them in that regard, I think. I also think that the stash should be a bit more limited (such access ONLY in the stronghold or at the inn to store goods but never in the wild - not to put in or take out). I am hoping to be able to mod that in. However, in the grand scheme of things, how much does that really matter?

Enjoy the pig, man.

Edited by Shevek
  • Like 2

The presence of bonus piglets is in no way a response to your concerns about game mechanics and design decisions, though. That's horribly misleading, to say "instead I am being presented with "bonus" piglets."

It's a pre-order bonus. A goodie. What, should they include better design decisions with the pre-order than they do with the regular game? Of course not.

So, you're welcome to your concerns for mechanics, and you're even welcome to your expectations of responses on that matter. But please don't relate information about bonus piglets to responses to your concerns, as that's both inaccurate and unnecessary.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Yeah, sorry. I realize it may not have been intended that way. Just wanted to point out how it kinda looked.

Very much agreed about the stash. There's not much point in anything that isn't stash when it's so readily accessible.

Edited by Lephys

Since I wasn't here, I'll say it now: regardless of how I end up feeling about the final game, the excitement rush that the trailers instill within me when I watch them is almost, by itself, worth the money I spent. Which makes me feel like a junkie or something.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wonder if the Giant Minature Space Piglet implies Giant Minature Space Bacon... Mmm... Bacon.

On another note, I am checking my Products page daily for the keys, so I can get the pre-order entry into my steam library :p I know when the keys are released we still wont have access to the game until the release date, I just like the idea of having it showing in my steam library.

• Like 2

I wonder if the Giant Minature Space Piglet implies Giant Minature Space Bacon... Mmm... Bacon.

If he's a space piglet, maybe he's kinda glowy? In which case, he could be a... shining bacon of hope for the people of the land. 6_u

• Like 4

If he's a space piglet, maybe he's kinda glowy? In which case, he could be a... shining bacon of hope for the people of the land. 6_u

You're such a ham, Lephys... :p

• Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

You're such a ham, Lephys... tongue.png

I am a HAM. Humanoid Autonomous Metaconstruct. Please state directive. Please state... *spark spark...*

:)

(I don't know how one can be a metaconstruct, but it fit the acronym, so... u_u)

• 3 weeks later...

Every day I check my Products page to see if Kickstarter backers are able to get their keys yet, and every day I am disappointed... I was so hoping that I would get my keys for the game before christmas, but it doesn't seem likely :(

Edited by HaydenRead

^Release date was pushed back to 'early 2015' - probably some time around March/April (but could be earlier - all depends on how well the bug-fixing, etc, goes)

gog/steam Keys will be handled nearer that time, I imagine.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

You're such a ham, Lephys... tongue.png

I am a HAM. Humanoid Autonomous Metaconstruct. Please state directive. Please state... *spark spark...*

:)

(I don't know how one can be a metaconstruct, but it fit the acronym, so... u_u)

If I was to take a guess, I'd say a construct created by other constructs. :-D

• Like 1