Pre-orders and new trailer now live!

Hey, everyone. Just wanted to give a heads-up that pre-orders are now live on the Pillars of Eternity site.

You will notice that we are adding in a few pre-order bonuses that will be announced soon. We wanted to let you know that, as backers, you will be getting those items automatically.

Also, another cool bit of news is that we have a new trailer out for the pre-order. You may notice a few new areas and creatures on display.

• Like 20

7drHiqrh.jpg
  • Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Are there plans for releasing other, more detailed trailers as the release date nears, and roughly how many?

If I remember correctly, our current plan is for another trailer closer to release. We haven't talked about a specific plan, though, so I can't into details.

• Like 1

Song starts out great but feels a bit busy at times. other than that, trailer made me excited. Gameplay still needs fixing but my hopes for a big story was the number one hope for me. Choices that matters is what will keep me coming back.

Also, I have seen people who backed the game,on other forums asking when we can choose the type of key we will get.

Another thing, I hope the pre-order bonuses are cosmetic only. I'm saying this as someone who will get them.

• Like 3

i think the music is the same as the original, I can't distinguish anything new. The Dragon needs a bigger selection circle though, he looks great, but the team still hasn't found a solution to make the characters and npc's feel grounded in the world most of the time, and I think it's the specific angle they're using for some reason. However, it's certainly looking to shape up like I anticipated.

Was the same music as the previous trailer but it has been worked on a bit more yeah?

It has been reworked if my ears and imagination are not deceiving me.

I still wish the music would be more foreground focused. I don't mind listening to music that "falls" back to the background and is less "intrusive" (don't know the right word), but it was not the kind of music I was hoping for in Pillars. I'm playing BGII: SoA every now and then and every time I enter one of the districts, I'm actually hymning with the melody. The Banner Saga made the experience with the game even greater. Final Fantasy VI withs it's superb soundtrack, I know every track inside and out.

The Pillars soundtrack reminds me more of TES games in that regard. It isn't the end of the world. If we get more ambient music in the wilderness, I at least hope for some tunes that in a few years will be immediately recognizable to me as music is an important aspect to me.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

I still wish the music would be more foreground focused.

I think Justin Bell has a preference for laid back mixing. I said that the music so far lacks the foreground melody of the Infinity Engine games and he said that's not how he's doing it (unfortunately too imo).

Definitely sound smore like TES Jeremy Soule than IWD Jeremy Soule.

Edited by Sensuki

Are there plans for releasing other, more detailed trailers as the release date nears, and roughly how many?

If I remember correctly, our current plan is for another trailer closer to release. We haven't talked about a specific plan, though, so I can't into details.

That's cool. I think there is a tendency nowadays to show too much game content before release, including spoiling details from the story and characters. I hope this doesn't happen, but I don't think it's likely anyway. Obsidian has a respectable style in its marketing :)

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I still wish the music would be more foreground focused.

I think Justin Bell has a preference for laid back mixing. I said that the music so far lacks the foreground melody of the Infinity Engine games and he said that's not how he's doing it (unfortunately too imo).

Yep. I've been reading all those discussion threads. In the end, I can live with the TES style. Or rather: That's the only option I have if I don't want to mute the music (and I don't).

Playing Age of Wonders now and the soundtrack is awesome. Sure, it will repeat about a thousand times before I finish the campaign but I fekken love it. 

If comparing to Soule, to my ears, it starts out as IWD (background, not theme) Soule-style, and ends with Total Annihilation Soule-style. Which is very good in my opinion :D

I hope they get a lot of new pre-orders :)

And of course polish the gameplay even further, so that when starting out at Level 1 and thus getting used to the game, it won't feel quite as much like labour to fight opponents by Level 5 as it does in the current beta.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Yes, Darren. Yes!

Paradox and Obsidian have also announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity, alongside popular gaming personality Jesse Cox. The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

• Like 8

Watched the trailer a third time and the environments look gorgeous. Also: PEGI 16.

I'd already seen most of the those areas from my snooping  :devil: (albeit from very far out).

Edited by Sensuki

Watched the trailer a third time and the environments look gorgeous. Also: PEGI 16.

I'd already seen most of the those areas from my snooping  :devil: (albeit from very far out).

I know, lol. I read most of your post on here and the codex, but don't you want to go into the game fairly fresh? I know you're doing modding and such, but I think you might have spoiled a lot for yourself? Even I have read a spoiler or two you have posted (out of curiosity).

Yeah I have, although thankfully I haven't read too much story stuff, just know some specifics. Getting a head start with modding and learning how things work also helps facilitate better feedback as well.

More important for me to try and help the game become more fun to play / not as annoying to interact with than it is for a completely fresh story experience. I care more about the combat than the story and NPCs.

Edited by Sensuki