Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

Somehow i do think that these SJW are not interested in presenting themselves, and establishing their sites, as gender-counsious places with a "justice"-meter. No, i think that they are more interested in being the norm and in their language, "controlling the narrative".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Somehow i do think that these SJW are not interested in presenting themselves, and establishing their sites, as gender-counsious places with a "justice"-meter. No, i think that they are more interested in being the norm and in their language, "controlling the narrative".

Of course not, because they would probably fail at whatever standards they set. A bunch of straight white dudes saying that there should be more representation of LGBT, racial minority, or women start to look strange of they keep employing and promoting almost exclusively straight white dudes. And as we know, women, LGBTs, and racial minorities are only good if they agree with you and any who don't have internalized misogyny, homophobia, or white supremacy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Gawker ****-shamed Christine o'Donell: https://archive.today/0WXs3

For anyone who still thinks GamerGate is about misogyny and a hate of women: Congratulations, you're a ****ing idiot.

EDIT: And just do want to clarify that yes, this article is dated. Someone dug it up trying to highlight hypocrisy within the media.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Gawker just ****-shamed Christine o'Donell: https://archive.today/0WXs3

For anyone who still thinks GamerGate is about misogyny and a hate of women: Congratulations, you're a ****ing idiot.

And Gawker has promoted leaked celebrity nudes. And drove people to look at Tarantino's leaked script. And doxxed every gun owner in New York.

Allying with Gawker and claiming moral superiority is...strange.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm not sure where he said any of that. The only thing his claim comes down to is that those guys won't carry more weight than any other consumer.

You're right, roach infiltrator from the future. That was the point of the post, anything else taken from it is reading too much into it.

I suppose one could infer it as a dig at the writers of Feminist Frequency, both of which have at seperate times claimed to not play video games? But in that specific case, it would be a fact and not so much a supposition. In that case the armchair activists really are not the consumer?

Either way, since Barthomuk has labeled everyone speaking in favour of GamerGate into a single entity ("you guys") and he seems to currently only be interested of rephrasing others posts in a misrepresenting and projecting manner, I see no need to take him seriously in this debate.

Personally, I don't care if there are the mythical "SJW" in gaming, since I've been on the receiving end of that term more times than I care to count, but I do care about the following:

- I care about indie developers who rely on exposure from journalists having to become friendly with said journalists to get such exposure rather than having to produce quality games.

- Alternatively, they must add anvilicious morals (without subtlety) that the journalists agree with so the journalists will decide to signal boost them, again regardless of quality.

- I care that the journalists, who already breached my trust when it comes to scoring AAA games, also breached my trust when it comes to independent games making them entirely worthless to me until they change their ways.

- I care that due to the lack of quality of high rated indie games that the "brand" of "indie" has been irrepairably damaged, pushing the average consumer back to AAA titles and removing sources of income from indie developers who release great games.

- Independent games that win prestigious prizes to do so based on quality and not due to a racketeering scheme involving the judges of said prizes having invested in the winner.

- I care that games journalism at large has ignored that scandal based on being friendly with the developers.

- I care that games journalism at large has launched a counterattack against the enthousiast press on youtube based on the supposed scandal of YouTubers taking brand deals and not disclosing them, when the vast majority of YouTubers has either disclosed these brand deals or refused to take them and had already condemned the game developers offering these brand deals, simply because the enthousiast press has been a vocal supporter of the GamerGate movement and they wanted to discredit them.

- I care that games journalism, instead of acknowledging people like me who have legitimate problems with the way they work, instead have focused on discrediting me and signal boosting trolls, making those trolls as famous as they want to be and encouraging them through hot air condemnations while clearly naming the victims, painting huge targets on their heads in the process.

- I care that a majority of thse games journalists have taken the stance that they cannot discuss something while harassment happens, handily giving horrific trolls the power over what can and cannot be discussed.

- I care that these journalists show the highest hypocrisy when they call gamers "entitled" and then make the argument that minorities are entitled to have more games cater to them. I want more diverse games, but you can't promote and decry entitlement at the same time.

- I care that some of these games journalists have decided to condemn me and brand me a misogynist, a manbaby, and imply that I am actively involved in harassment, simply because I have concerns that some jerks have hidden behind so they can harass people in the flimsiest excuse for guilt be association that has ever existed since "you eat bread, Nazis ate bread too!"

- I care that these journalists have actually done nothing to promote diversity in games but rather harmed it severely with their rampant accusations of sexism, racism and homophobia simply for their own personal dislike of a character rather than actual morally objectionale grounds having convinced game developers that adding diverse characters is not worth the hassle of dealing with these people for.

- I care that a couple of women being harassed is being used to drive women away from the industry because they should fear a "boys club", thereby seriously harming the chances that the gender gap will be solved.

- I find the highest shame should be in complaining about a gender gap for game developers when 22% of game developers are female, but 8% of the GameJournoPros list is female. Boys club indeed.

- I care that these journalists who have harmed diversity in games as well the credibility of anyone striving for diversity in games have branded me and my culture "misogynist" when I and my gamer friends have done more to promote and defend diversity in gaming than they ever will.

- I care that these journalists pretend to be the pinnacle of integrity while at the same time condeming charities for taking money from sources they don't approve of. It takes a level of cynicism that even I'm not comfortable with to do that.

- I care that games journalism as a whole is happy to take money to give GTA an amazing grade yet continue to pretend they are promoting diversity in games and condeming only those that don't give them money.

- I care that these journalists can condemn a game about female empowerment like Bayonetta yet sing the praises of a game like Dear Esther, which literally runs on misogynist tropes.

- I care that these journalists have stopped being consumer advocates and instead have appointed themselves as Moral Guardians who control what is being made and have taken it upon themselves to, in an example that was recently posted, declare that games taking place in the holocaust are off-limits regardless of quality or intent and dogpiled developers who wish to make the attempt thereby limited both artistic freedom and gaming as an artform in general. If these guys were movie critics, Shindler's List would never have been made.

- I care that these journalists have done so while claiming with a straight face that I, as the consumer, is what holds gaming back as an artform.

- I care that these journalists consistently signal boost poorly researched, half baked, morally outraged false academic attacks on video game culture as facts and so devaluing actual academic discussion. I'm perfectly willing to discuss sexism in games, in fact, I've been doing so for years. I don't need nonsense like Feminist Frequency to make it harder for me by being absolutely ridiculous, stupid and filled with flat-out lies.

- I care that these corrupt, dumb, morally bankrupt simpletons have had power in the past over, for example, how much money Obsidian made from Fallout: New Vegas because they inform the metacritic scores that affected Obsidian's payment and I will not stop until they have proven they are worthy of this power or are replaced.

To be blunt, I care quite a lot about social justice issues and I find "SJWs" can play all the games they want, but I don't approve of two-faced journalists maliciously harming social justice issues for clickbait or to feel good about themselves for being "progressive people who condemn (read: signal boost) harassment" and I definitely don't approve of this ridiculous idea that video game critics are not supposed to be consumer advocates but culture critics. I'll listen to actual academics for that, not glorified game bloggers with zero credentials or intelligent thoughts on the matter of ethics, whose only opinion that matters is the little percentage they add to a metacritic rating.

I want more diversity in gaming, I have in the past written countless e-mails to developers to ask them if they could try and moderate their communites better and try to combat toxicity on the internet and it's one of the reasons I've become a game developer. I support women in gaming, I support diverse representation in gaming, but I do not support calls for tokenism and I definitely do not support shaming consumers simply for the "crime" of being the people that studios cater to. If that makes me transparent, or a manbaby, so be it. I don't actually play enough games myself anymore for it to be an idea of "them coming to taek away me gaemz", though.

I just feel that the only moral option in supporting diversity, artistic freedom and consumer rights is to support GamerGate.

• Like 10

I'm not sure where he said any of that. The only thing his claim comes down to is that those guys won't carry more weight than any other consumer.

You're right, roach infiltrator from the future. That was the point of the post, anything else taken from it is reading too much into it.

I suppose one could infer it as a dig at the writers of Feminist Frequency, both of which have at seperate times claimed to not play video games? But in that specific case, it would be a fact and not so much a supposition. In that case the armchair activists really are not the consumer?

Either way, since Barthomuk has labeled everyone speaking in favour of GamerGate into a single entity ("you guys") and he seems to only be capable of rephrasing others posts in a misrepresenting way, I see no need to take him seriously. He has said nothing of value and only misrepresented others.

Personally, I don't care if there are the mythical "SJW" in gaming, since I've been on the receiving end of that term more times than I care to count, but I do care about the following:

- I care about indie developers who rely on exposure from journalists having to become friendly with said journalists to get such exposure rather than having to produce quality games.

- Alternatively, they must add anvilicious morals (without subtlety) that the journalists agree with so the journalists will decide to signal boost them, again regardless of quality.

- I care that the journalists, who already breached my trust when it comes to scoring AAA games, also breached my trust when it comes to independent games making them entirely worthless to me until they change their ways.

- I care that due to the lack of quality of high rated indie games that the "brand" of "indie" has been irrepairably damaged, pushing the average consumer back to AAA titles and removing sources of income from indie developers who release great games.

- Independent games that win prestigious prizes to do so based on quality and not due to a racketeering scheme involving the judges of said prizes having invested in the winner.

- I care that games journalism at large has ignored that scandal based on being friendly with the developers.

- I care that games journalism at large has launched a counterattack against the enthousiast press on youtube based on the supposed scandal of YouTubers taking brand deals and not disclosing them, when the vast majority of YouTubers has either disclosed these brand deals or refused to take them and had already condemned the game developers offering these brand deals, simply because the enthousiast press has been a vocal supporter of the GamerGate movement and they wanted to discredit them.

- I care that games journalism, instead of acknowledging people like me who have legitimate problems with the way they work, instead have focused on discrediting me and signal boosting trolls, making those trolls as famous as they want to be and encouraging them through hot air condemnations while clearly naming the victims, painting huge targets on their heads in the process.

- I care that a majority of thse games journalists have taken the stance that they cannot discuss something while harassment happens, handily giving horrific trolls the power over what can and cannot be discussed.

- I care that these journalists show the highest hypocrisy when they call gamers "entitled" and then make the argument that minorities are entitled to have more games cater to them. I want more diverse games, but you can't promote and decry entitlement at the same time.

- I care that some of these games journalists have decided to condemn me and brand me a misogynist, a manbaby, and imply that I am actively involved in harassment, simply because I have concerns that some jerks have hidden behind so they can harass people in the flimsiest excuse for guilt be association that has ever existed since "you eat bread, Nazis ate bread too!"

- I care that these journalists have actually done nothing to promote diversity in games but rather harmed it severely with their rampant accusations of sexism, racism and homophobia simply for their own personal dislike of a character rather than actual morally objectionale grounds having convinced game developers that adding diverse characters is not worth the hassle of dealing with these people for.

- I care that a couple of women being harassed is being used to drive women away from the industry because they should fear a "boys club", thereby seriously harming the chances that the gender gap will be solved.

- I find the highest shame should be in complaining about a gender gap for game developers when 22% of game developers are female, but 8% of the GameJournoPros list is female. Boys club indeed.

- I care that these journalists who have harmed diversity in games as well the credibility of anyone striving for diversity in games have branded me and my culture "misogynist" when I and my gamer friends have done more to promote and defend diversity in gaming than they ever will.

- I care that these journalists pretend to be the pinnacle of integrity while at the same time condeming charities for taking money from sources they don't approve of. It takes a level of cynicism that even I'm not comfortable with to do that.

- I care that games journalism as a whole is happy to take money to give GTA an amazing grade yet continue to pretend they are promoting diversity in games and condeming only those that don't give them money.

- I care that these journalists can condemn a game about female empowerment like Bayonetta yet sing the praises of a game like Dear Esther, which literally runs on misogynist tropes.

- I care that these journalists have stopped being consumer advocates and instead have appointed themselves as Moral Guardians who control what is being made and have taken it upon themselves to, in an example that was recently posted, declare that games taking place in the holocaust are off-limits regardless of quality or intent and dogpiled developers who wish to make the attempt thereby limited both artistic freedom and gaming as an artform in general. If these guys were movie critics, Shindler's List would never have been made.

- I care that these journalists have done so while claiming with a straight face that I, as the consumer, is what holds gaming back as an artform.

- I care that these journalists consistently signal boost poorly researched, half baked, morally outraged false academic attacks on video game culture as facts and so devaluing actual academic discussion. I'm perfectly willing to discuss sexism in games, in fact, I've been doing so for years. I don't need nonsense like Feminist Frequency to make it harder for me by being absolutely ridiculous, stupid and filled with flat-out lies.

- I care that these corrupt, dumb, morally bankrupt simpletons have had power in the past over, for example, how much money Obsidian made from Fallout: New Vegas because they inform the metacritic scores that affected Obsidian's payment and I will not stop until they have proven they are worthy of this power or are replaced.

To be blunt, I care quite a lot about social justice issues and I find "SJWs" can play all the games they want, but I don't approve of two-faced journalists maliciously harming social justice issues for clickbait or to feel good about themselves for being "progressive people who condemn (read: signal boost) harassment" and I definitely don't approve of this ridiculous idea that video game critics are not supposed to be consumer advocates but culture critics. I'll listen to actual academics for that, not glorified game bloggers with zero credentials or intelligent thoughts on the matter of ethics, whose only opinion that matters is the little percentage they add to a metacritic rating.

I want more diversity in gaming, I have in the past written countless e-mails to developers to ask them if they could try and moderate their communites better and try to combat toxicity on the internet and it's one of the reasons I've become a game developer. I support women in gaming, I support diverse representation in gaming, but I do not support calls for tokenism and I definitely do not support shaming consumers simply for the "crime" of being the people that studios cater to. If that makes me transparent, or a manbaby, so be it. I don't actually play enough games myself anymore for it to be an idea of "them coming to taek away me gaemz", though.

I just feel that the only moral option in supporting diversity, artistic freedom and consumer rights is to support GamerGate.

I hate to pull a Bruce, but Good Post.You've described my feeling pretty accurately.

Gawker just ****-shamed Christine o'Donell: https://archive.today/0WXs3

And Gawker has promoted leaked celebrity nudes. And drove people to look at Tarantino's leaked script. And doxxed every gun owner in New York.

Allying with Gawker and claiming moral superiority is...strange.

Nothing strange about it, it's just evidence that this isn't about protecting women or fighting misogyny, it's about a selfish promotion of one's self and one's own ideologies.

The only surprisingly damning thing about this is that it really highlights that the group of people associated with Silverstring media (loosely or directly) really don't care all that much about their ideology and are nothing but children. Once again, they lose the battle before it even starts by not adhering to their own moral code. They claim a desire to fight misogyny, but in doing so, ally themselves with and promote a group guilty of the exact same things they claim to be fighting. Even if GamerGate were to die out tomorrow, the elements they claimed to have hated so much would still be alive and kicking...and by their hand.

In the end this is just a group of spoiled children working with a corrupt media market in a symbiotic relationship where the spoiled children might potentially see their own goals furthered with the help of the media while the media gets to use them and their claims of misogyny as a convenient shield.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Gamers (as a collective) care about gameplay first, storyline second and other little mechanics like controls, graphics and music third.

Gosh, that's quite specific.

Source?

What sites like Polygon offer is critiques that are a distant....well it's difficult to even call it a forth, because morality isn't exactly in high demand for good gameplay.

And yet their half-baked undergrad 'critiques' are apparently a monstrous abomination worthy of this ridiculous campaign.

Can't we all just be good little free-market consumers and simply not consume their journalism or even better "make your own".

This vocalization seems to blaspheme the wisdom of the free-market.

"The  gaming industry, meaning publishers and many developers ,cares and that's all that matters"

Do they? And,d efine 'many'. The existence of games like Bayonetta suggest otherwise. Then again, youa re the kind of guy who whines about 'sexism' but has no problems mass murdering a bunch of males and slobbering over sexy females. LMAO

. "a world where GG was the only voice that mattered around the gaming industry. Can you think of any worse future for the gaming industry ?"

yes, a world where sexists racists power hungry nazis were in charge aka feminists and SJWs. *shudder*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think what has me the most angry lately is how the harrassers on GamerGate's side are anonymous troll with burner twitter accounts or nobodies with 3 followers that are condemned by everyone right away. The harrassers on the anti-gamergate side are executives at Dell, or people who run major media websites, or editors, or people with thousands of followers, and the response to their harrassment is "yeah, you tell those nerds"

And we're the bad guys.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think what has me the most angry lately is how the harrassers on GamerGate's side are anonymous troll with burner twitter accounts or nobodies with 3 followers that are condemned by everyone right away. The harrassers on the anti-gamergate side are executives at Dell, or people who run major media websites, or editors, or people with thousands of followers, and the response to their harrassment is "yeah, you tell those nerds"

And we're the bad guys.

Maybe they think that nerds deserve to be bullied into submission. I swear I've heard that somewhere.

• Like 3

"Instead of being heckled by liberal arts majors and armchair activists, publishers would be heckled by direct consumers of videogames."

While it has been pointed out by others, to illustrate...

"Instead of being heckled by Tea Baggers and Conservatards, politicians would be heckled by voters"

There's no implication of excluding LA majors or whatever, just of preventing them from setting the narrative and rules solely according to their own desires and wishes. And, perhaps, a certain amount of disdain for those who would use the cause of 'freedom' as an excuse to stifle debate and enforce their world view.

• Like 1

Either way, since Barthomuk has labeled everyone speaking in favour of GamerGate into a single entity ("you guys") and he seems to currently only be interested of rephrasing others posts in a misrepresenting and projecting manner, I see no need to take him seriously in this debate.

*clap*............*clap*.....*clap*...*clap*..*clap*.*clap*clap*clap*clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclaCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*whizle*CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

An interviewer who actually asks question? The end of time must be near. And look, Brianna isn't able to answer any of them.

Well, that one is not going to any interviews, let alone debates any time soon. Now just let Gawker burn to the ground and something good will come out of this.

//EDIT: She called Milo a liar. Whoops (read from bottom up)

3UFbG9q.png

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Gamers (as a collective) care about gameplay first, storyline second and other little mechanics like controls, graphics and music third.

Gosh, that's quite specific.

Source?

What sites like Polygon offer is critiques that are a distant....well it's difficult to even call it a forth, because morality isn't exactly in high demand for good gameplay.

And yet their half-baked undergrad 'critiques' are apparently a monstrous abomination worthy of this ridiculous campaign.

Can't we all just be good little free-market consumers and simply not consume their journalism or even better "make your own".

This vocalization seems to blaspheme the wisdom of the free-market.

How are we not doing that? Those websites are being actively boycotted while other websites such as Techraptor are now being given a shot by the community.

As for the "source" on what people care about, just look around you. That list isn't even my own preference as I'd dare put story before gameplay in some ways, personally, but that sure seems to be the general concensus of the market.

An interviewer who actually asks questions? The end of time must be near. And look, Brianna isn't able to answer any of them.

Can we just take a second to take a step back, remove any little predispositions to GamerGate from the picture and focus solely on Brianna as a person, and all agree that she's an outrageous idiot?

It's obvious she's only in the limelight because she took a chance and ran with it and enjoys this drama filling her otherwise vapid life. While that's understandable, what's NOT understandable is that no one on her side had the sense to kindly ask her to keep quiet, cause omg is she a liability for the anti-GG side...

Another sidenote, I find it hilariously ironic that David Pakman has to be the one to ask the questions. Some backround information on my experience with the guy, his videos have come up in my recommended list before and I've clicked to watch. While I do like the stuff he covers and his reporting, this is all trumped by how hilariously bad his show can be. When I say bad, I simply mean poor in quality on the presentation side of things and not that he's bad at his job or anything. Basically, many of his videos have him speaking with his co-host, and while David might go on a 3 minute monologue about an issue, he'll ask his co-host for his thoughts, the camera then switches to the co-host, who always has the expression of a deer in the headlights before giving brief answers like "ya, I think it's bad Dave." David then continues with his reporting as though there were NOTHING out of the ordinary with his co-host's way of responding, and you're left laughing and thinking "that just happened" and how awesomely bad it looks that they don't acknowledge how poor the co-host's content is.    

Not hating though. It's hilarious and makes his show entertaining and memorable. 10/10, would not change and would write love letters to his terriawful co-host. This DOES however speak volumes about the journalism industry. Pakman is clearly limited on resources (lack of quality in presentation in some regards, though not because of lack of skill on his part or a lack of professionalism), and yet thusfar he's one of the best at actually acting like a journalist. Crazy world, huh?

Edited by Longknife

They are often times the ones doing the doxxing via Tweeter or through an article. They tend to rally mobs to dispense Social Justice.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Has this been linked here yet?  I'm hardly White's biggest fan, but I thought it was a pretty congruent take on the whole thing. 

I liked some of it; disliked most of it. He's definitely on to something about the feminist label though. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Has this been linked here yet?  I'm hardly White's biggest fan, but I thought it was a pretty congruent take on the whole thing. 

Interesting read so far.

I'm sure you can construct an excellent argument about how demeaning language against women occurs in a historical context and in connection with a power structure and patriarchal vertices and thus-and-such, and that it is simply different than making fun of people for being fat or unattractive or autistic. That's swell. It would get you a solid A- in your sophomore seminar at Brown. But most of the real world thinks it is an unconvincing rationalization.

Insulting people can be fun. A well-crafted insult is a pleasure. A stinging mockery can be very expressive. It's unflattering, but it's true. But speech has consequences. The consequence of indulging yourself by mocking people for being fat/unattractive/socially awkward/non-neurotypical/etc. is that people aren't going to take your indignation about gendered or racial insults particularly seriously. You may think that's unfair, but it's how people are. Govern yourself accordingly.

*clap*

The "#NotYourShield" hashtag is apparently intended to convey that #GamerGate can't be sexist or racist or anti-gay because there are women and minorities and LGBT people who support #GamerGate.

This is an irritating and faintly condescending fallacy that pops up now and again. Look! Bill Cosby criticized "black culture!" It must be right because he's black! Look! Morgan Freeman criticized black history month! It's convincing because he's black! Look! Christina Hoff Sommers criticized feminism! Her criticism has added weight because she's a woman!

You're white cis males we are told. Listen to the women we are told. Listen to minorities. You know nothing. Stop "mansplaining". Listen & Believe.

Woopty doo, big surprise, people start to point to the very minorities you have decided have any authority on the matter. That's on you.

EDIT:

B09_9o1_Ic_AIQw77_jpg_large.jpg

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 5

Boogie has agreed to be on MSNBC. Will wait to see how that pans out.

Also, we've gone beyond FullMcIntosh

kTQwz8Z.png