Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

Sin_t_tulo.png

"It's not sexist when we do it."

Might not be a shooting with guns, but in 2009 there was a girl with 10 molotow cokctails in Bonn:

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/vereitelter-amoklauf-von-schuelerin-frauen-koennen-auch-aggressiv-sein-a-624246.html

She got stopped by another girl who accidentally ran into her in the ladies restroom. The surprised girl then attacked her with a knife and cut off a thumb while doing so (doc was able to reattach it, luckily).

But wait, this probably was a boy who pretended to be a girl. Can't be anything else, no? Or it doesn't count because the worst was prevented?

Anita Sarkeesian is a horrible person.

Also this one: http://yle.fi/uutiset/prosecutor_pair_planned_to_kill_50_at_university_with_guns_and_gas/7262776
Clearly it was the man's idea.

Actually, it was the other way around, but I CBA to find a link for it in English.

I was making a joke.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Consididering she and her cohorts attack women all the time she shouldn't be throwing stones around in that regard. The fact she hates, belittle,  and talks down to women makes her one of the biggest anti women public figures out there.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

We how now Anita claiming that it's PROVEN #Gamergate is all about harrassing women!

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/526111569986322432

For those who care to look, that article made some pretty wild assumptions with the data presented.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Sin_t_tulo.png

Might not be a shooting with guns, but in 2009 there was a girl with 10 molotow cokctails in Bonn:

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/vereitelter-amoklauf-von-schuelerin-frauen-koennen-auch-aggressiv-sein-a-624246.html

She got stopped by another girl who accidentally ran into her in the ladies restroom. The surprised girl then attacked her with a knife and cut off a thumb while doing so (doc was able to reattach it, luckily).

But wait, this probably was a boy who pretended to be a girl. Can't be anything else, no? Or it doesn't count because the worst was prevented?

Also this one: http://yle.fi/uutiset/prosecutor_pair_planned_to_kill_50_at_university_with_guns_and_gas/7262776

Actually, it was the other way around, but I CBA to find a link for it in English.

I was making a joke.

I know.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Sin_t_tulo.png

I was making a joke.

I know.

Oh.

Anyways https://medium.com/@cainejw/an-actual-statistical-analysis-of-gamergate-dfd809858f68

Statistical analysis FAIL.

B0uLVSsCcAA-8dF.png-large.png

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

B0uLVSsCcAA-8dF.png-large.png

I find it funny that the loudest in attacking white males are white males.

Modern Feminism wants to reverse the roles gender had in the middle ages. That's what I thought of when I saw Anita's Tweet on masculinity.

On a more light-hearted note, I happened across a video by some feminists trying to make a point by sexually objectifying men.

You may be thinking "I'm a man and I don't mind being objectified. I kinda like it when women catcall me or comment on my sweet ass."  Yep, me too. But it's not just objectifying men, it's also the gayest video I've ever seen.

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! This video is gay as ****. And I don't mean that in a "gays r stupid" hateful way, I mean that in a "good luck achieving an erection within the next two weeks as a straight male" sort of way. I'm sharing it so that I don't have to be the only soul unfortunate enough to have clicked it:

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Really, if they're going to do a parody for political reason to make men as uncomfortable as they feel then go all the way and show full frontal.

Also, good luck with making men feel uncomfortable. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I didn't know if to post this here or in the Random news threads but...

http://gamergate.me/2014/10/ideology-and-journalism/

It feels so weird to have quality on a game related article.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I didn't know if to post this here or in the Random news threads but...

http://gamergate.me/2014/10/ideology-and-journalism/

It feels so weird to have quality on a game related article.

It's very strange. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

https://archive.today/0sKjE

What the F-?

EDIT: http://archive.today/E7igo

That's a Newsweek reporter. What the HELL happened while I was playing TF2...?

EDITTASTIC: 

TYT doing a livestream discussing GamerGate. Currently still going. I just tuned in but seems to actually be listening to the real issues and reactions are positive. Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

What the F-?

Doxxing wasn't enough for this fellow, so he is now encouraging people to call the cops on someone because they don't like them?

Between this and the Gawker people who think bullying is fine to joke about, I wonder if these people have a low they can reach.

What the F-?

Doxxing wasn't enough for this fellow, so he is now encouraging people to call the cops on someone because they don't like them?

Between this and the Gawker people who think bullying is fine to joke about, I wonder if these people have a low they can reach.

You can only cry wolf so many times before the cops stop ignoring you or charge you with obstruction of justice.

village_idiot.gif

What the F-?

You can only cry wolf so many times before the cops stop ignoring you or charge you with obstruction of justice.

I certainly hope this fellow gets charged with harassment. If anything, the irony of someone "fighting" harassment by doxxing and encouraging the spamming of police reports will tickle my cold black heart.

This article found its way to my twitter feed. Newsweek claims that analyze of #GamerGate tweets don't back their claims that is is about ethics in games media 

http://www.newsweek.com/gamergate-about-media-ethics-or-harassing-women-harassment-data-show-279736

Hopefully it is not posted yet as I don't have had time to read this topic in couple days (Dreamfall Chapters and Civ Beyond Earth as reason)

This article found its way to my twitter feed. Newsweek claims that analyze of #GamerGate tweets don't back their claims that is is about ethics in games media 

http://www.newsweek.com/gamergate-about-media-ethics-or-harassing-women-harassment-data-show-279736

Hopefully it is not posted yet as I don't have had time to read this topic in couple days (Dreamfall Chapters and Civ Beyond Earth as reason)

It has been posted and it has been disputed. Essentially it makes the claim that because up to ~15% of tweets sent to Sarkessian or Wu are negative, gamergate is about harassment.

It has been posted and it has been disputed. Essentially it makes the claim that because up to ~15% of tweets sent to Sarkessian or Wu are negative, gamergate is about harassment.

Not to mention that these SJW are disliked in general by a lot of gamers; this was true before gamergate, and will be true after it. It's just something overly sensitive gamers will talk about. Just because gamers talk about them a lot doesn't change what gamergate is about. Gamergate is financially targeting the unethical websites; proof that's what gamergate is ultimately about.

It's true that a few fools care WAAAAAY too much about Anita and those like her, but a movement should be judged by its goals more than what they chat about.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Already been debunked

https://medium.com/@cainejw/an-actual-statistical-analysis-of-gamergate-dfd809858f68

village_idiot.gif

Only thing that concerns me about those graphs is that Grayson has significantly less tweets about him and he's a male.

In reality, Wu has the most and you could put two and two together and find a correlation between how active the person is on twitter and how many tweets there are about them as Wu is by no means as infamous as Anita or Zoe, yet has the most tweets. Yeah, because she appears to live on twitter and does stupid sh** to provoke reactions, either intentionally or unintentionally. Meanwhile Grayson to my knowledge is all but practically completely inactive on twitter since this all started. This also explains why Zoe and Leigh have less tweets about them because Leigh doesn't twitter much either and Zoe TRIES to stay out of it, whereas Anita occassionally makes a provocational tweet and Wu is...well, still an idiot. 

Still I'm sure they'll read it and argue Grayson is neglected on twitter because he's a man and therefore is never attacked. Unfortunately I dare so there may be a degree of truth to it as it's only natural there must be SOME genuine misogynists latching to the movement as an excuse for their hate, but I fear the degree to which this exists will be drastically exaggerated. Focus will go towards the fact Leigh and Zoe are tweeted more than Grayson and Stephen, not to the fact that all four have drastically less tweets than Kotaku, a figurehead name that can represent all four.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

So Grayson is proof that if you don't feed the trolls, they don't bite? SHOCKING.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg