Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

If that is her delusion, then yes, gamers are not her audience anymore. I'm not sure who is, because even film critics who look at movies as cultural objects still put scores on them. That is literally what they have any audience for. That is why they are allowed to make a living by consumers.

Also, damn, new thread already? The other one didn't last a week. What is this, number six?

Edited by TrueNeutral

"Can we start calling guys like him male attention whores? They really have all the hallmarks of attention seeking behavior and narcissism"

What's funny is  feminists and SJWs whine about the infamous 'white male gamer rapists exist racist who bullies' yet they ally themselves with guys who could actually fit the profile. LMAO

"The avarage game journalist has matured out of putting scores on things."

DId she just put herself on the level of the Codex? LMAO

"We're trying to look at games as cultural objects, that you cannot rate and put into a catalog, and tell gamers on whether you should buy them or not. We're out of that mileu. We do not talk about games like that anymore."

She shoudls top lying. Then again, this is the same woman who bashes other woman and belittles them repeatedly. She laso  really hates blacks. EVIL TO THE CORE.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think Leigh's statements are more confusing than the chart.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I hate scores. But I think my reasoning is a bit different.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

4/10

Does that mean my post is better or worse than the Phantom Menace?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

4/10
Does that mean my post is better or worse than the Phantom Menace?

Better, cuz 4 is greater than 2.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Some of our readers pointed to news reporting on The Escapist which failed to maintain appropriate standards. I accepted that criticism and apologized for our errors.

If everyone else followed suit, gamergate wouldn't even have happened.

//EDIT: ...and even IGN, think about that for a moment, IGN of all gaming sites comes of as a level-headed site.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

snip

I must not be very smart, because I can't make head or tail of this flow chart one bit...where does it start, why isn't everything connected, what's going on

For a flow chart, it certainly doesn't seem to flow.

That chart, the wage gap and the 1 in 5 women will be raped, makes me believe that feminism and statistical analysis don't mix well.

Of course they don't, women can't grasp statistics, correlation or causation. :p

Interestingly, one of the sexiest women I know is an economist/statistician. :D

Have you checked if she is a woman?

Yes 1ptt12.jpg

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's like the catholic church and child-fondling priests.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No commentary or anything, just Leigh Alexander explaining herself.

"The avarage game journalist has matured out of putting scores on things. We're trying to look at games as cultural objects, that you cannot rate and put into a catalog, and tell gamers on whether you should buy them or not. We're out of that mileu. We do not talk about games like that anymore."

I had a feeling she'd be more charismatic than people would expect. Dunno why, just did. And yeah honestly, she's the shield they should be hiding behind cause she seems more personable than any of them.

And that's sad. Because when you actually focus on what's being said, it's "I'm a diva who isn't satisfied with my position in life because I can't brag about my job to my friends to impress them, so I want to change what I do by changing my job entirely without actually quitting my job." Her entire speech has several hypocrisies highlighted by the editing, several points that suggest an ego on the girl, and a hilarious little bit where she basically implies sabotaging her own book launch and appearing as a victim when in reality she wasn't happy with the political beliefs of the website her book was hosted on so she "targeted herself" to get it off there and hurt the very website that sponsored her. Gee, I wonder if that's something unwise to say in a setting where people are beginning to doubt the legitimacy of some of the claims and bomb threats.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

It's like the catholic church and child-fondling priests.

Show us on the doll where the game journalist touched you.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

.... this is actually mine.

Someone modded my image.

... hm. I'm not.... mad... just would like to know who did this.

Was it your idea to make it confusing and incoherent or was that the idea of the person who hijacked it?

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Someone modded my image.

Was it your idea to make it confusing and incoherent or was that the idea of the person who hijacked it?

No, that was me. GG is disjointed and nobody knows or cares what the other person "in GG" thinks. It's a bit more unclear in this one, though, but whatever. 

Edited by Bryy

Someone modded my image.

No, that was me. GG is disjointed and nobody knows or cares what the other person "in GG" thinks. It's a bit more unclear in this one, though, but whatever. 

Wait, someone thought your graph was too coherent and modded it? dafuq, I don't even

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"The avarage game journalist has matured out of putting scores on things. We're trying to look at games as cultural objects, that you cannot rate and put into a catalog, and tell gamers on whether you should buy them or not. We're out of that mileu. We do not talk about games like that anymore."

You know, I have no problem if that's what she/other game journalists want. But I'd prefer they started their own site to do that, instead of hijacking the sites that used to be about games as, you know, games.