Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

Well he means it will be an echo chamber of trolls. Still again, look at here, people are free to be rude and it is not like the myths of *chan or something.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In more Twitter funnies, Wu is on the warpath - https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/523179005487628288

Heh, this one was good:

Anothermoron ‏@An0thermoron 4 Std.Vor 4 Stunden

@Spacekatgal Dunno for you but I never stopped enjoying gameégamedev, maybe you should do it instead of posting on twitter every 3 minutes ?

And it's damn true. These people, they do nothing but talk. All day long. If they would spend that energy on creating cool games, the situation would look a lot different.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

In more Twitter funnies, Wu is on the warpath - https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/523179005487628288

Heh, this one was good:

Anothermoron ‏@An0thermoron 4 Std.Vor 4 Stunden

@Spacekatgal Dunno for you but I never stopped enjoying gameégamedev, maybe you should do it instead of posting on twitter every 3 minutes ?

And it's damn true. These people, they do nothing but talk. All day long. If they would spend that energy on creating cool games, the situation would look a lot different.

I know it makes for good rhetoric, but I'm not surely that law enforcement shutting down 8chan is legally viable.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

She also threatened Hotwheels with legal action where none is really possible.

http://www.littletinyfrogs.com/article/458579/Biowares_Damion_Schubert_owes_me_an_apology

Brad Wardell is angry at someone slandering him again, too bad he kicks butt and takes names.

EDIT: Mercedes Benz dropped Gawker media as a place to advertise over the comments of Sam Biddle (the "nerds need to be bullied into submission" thing).

EDIT EDIT: TotalBiscuit dropping bombs over the Hatred controversy.

"Tell me more about your moral highground as you call a team of developers "living garbage". And even gamers are concerned about "How this game will make us look". Are we not past this?

Am I back in the 90s? Shall we fire up our copy of Nighttrap for another senate hearing? I am not concerned that The Human Centipede makes film look bad so I am not concerned that Hatred makes games look bad."

HATRICK EDIT:

https://www.crowdrise.com/GamerGateStompsOutBullying/fundraiser/loping

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 5

EDIT: Mercedes Benz dropped Gawker media as a place to advertise over the comments of Sam Biddle (the "nerds need to be bullied into submission" thing).

I linked this two pages back....yknow, when I felt like NO ONE WAS PAYING ATTENTION TO ME :C

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The question isn't really technical though, it's cultural. Stuff is tolerated on the Net that's not tolerated in any other space because freeze peach. That's changing too. As the Net is getting integrated into everyday life, norms from everyday life are changing the Net. For good and for ill.

That's one thing that shouldn't change.

The net is the net.

And that is the beauty of it.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Am I back in the 90s? Shall we fire up our copy of Nighttrap for another senate hearing? I am not concerned that The Human Centipede makes film look bad so I am not concerned that Hatred makes games look bad."

Oh. Human Centipede, I forgot it exists...

I linked this two pages back....yknow, when I felt like NO ONE WAS PAYING ATTENTION TO ME :C

/pat pat

There, there.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Oh. Human Centipede, I forgot it exists...

I watched the second one. It was bad.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Pretty much this:

Also, it's a sad thing that so many actually think there's been integrity in gaming journalism, at all. For the most part there hasn't been in well over a decade. The last time I read a good, impartial, intelligent review of a game by a website was for 'Mask of the Betrayer' back in '07-'08, and at the time I remember thinking that was the first good review I'd read in years. I sadly don't recall what website that was anymore, but it wasn't one of the biggies, nor was it completely off the mainstream radar.

As some have said already in this thread: gaming went mainstream quite some time ago. It's been cool to be a 'geek' for a long time now. The 'eternal September' of the game industry happened before the 'eternal September' of the cell phone world, and that was way back in '02 or so. Good gaming journalism was always rare, even in the 80s, but it's been like the fabled Mokele-Mbembe since the late 90s.

You need AA, Bruce.

Nah, I'm not a regular drinker but I am a binge drinker :x

I now have an image of you sitting in some South African bar sipping a mixed drink(I don't take you as a beer or shots guy) eyeing all the ladies and wondering which one of them wouldn't mind dressing up like your Booware waifu of choice.

:lol:

Funny enough I don't like beer, I'm a spirit drinker. Vodka is my favourite drink but I do enjoy shooters, especially Tequila. In fact it  is always the shooters that lead to the terrible hangovers I get the next day  when I over indulge :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tequila is quite the heavy drink. Not just alcohol content but also the rate at which is processed by the body, it tends to lead people into overindulging.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Tequila is quite the heavy drink. Not just alcohol content but also the rate at which is processed by the body, it tends to lead people into overindulging.

That's very true, and I can testify to its negative effect....it just makes you feel so good when you have it :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

An echo chamber filled with different kind of echoes? I'm not sure if that really qualifies as an echo chamber.

EDIT: I may have been unclear, the intention of this post was: I'm not sure what you mean with that.

Essentially what PJ said. Just because a forum isn't banning dissenting voices, that doesn't mean unpopular opinions won't be sanctioned in other ways; the end result is an echo chamber filled with different people - occasionally, new voices might pop up, but they'll eventually leave if they're constantly shouted down for not conforming to the greater chorus of echoes.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Also, it's a sad thing that so many actually think there's been integrity in gaming journalism, at all.

89f.jpg

I mean it's kinda obvious it's corrupt. Just an example off the top of my head: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-4   You could scour metacritic and find a pattern where reviewers give comparatively glowing reviews to the reactions of the consumer. Some might react "that's just cause consumers rage and give 0's." That works both ways: die-hard fans respond in kind by giving perfect 10's, and honestly for a lot of people that is how it works; either they're happy with their purchase or they're unhappy, but even when unhappy purchases arise, journalists hardly warn them away from the game and instead seem to tell them the game will be good or ok rather than outstanding, failing to alert them to the massive disappointment and dissatisfaction they'll feel.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Seems like the weekend has started slowly with the regular pie throwing contest.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy