Drama in indy gaming and games journalism

Gorth

Yep, but then backed off when she found out some dude from 8Chan would be there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Coward.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yep, but then backed off when she found out some dude from 8Chan would be there.

...and his name shall forever be known as Based Hotwheels leader of 8chan!!1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I listened to that huffingtonpost stream with Brianna Wu and god she's kind of an idiot. Her opponent brought specific comparisons and pointed to specific articles in the law and all she could counter with is "You're wrong because I say so".

Note for potential idiots: No, this doesn't mean she deserved death threats.

Links please.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Kain made one good point in his rather useless visit, Twitter is awful for a discussion. Apparently Wu crushed GamerGate in that video...seemed a whole lot of nothing to me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kain made one good point in his rather useless visit, Twitter is awful for a discussion. Apparently Wu crushed GamerGate in that video...seemed a whole lot of nothing to me.

R/kotakuinaction seems to think Hotwheels did rather good considered he got 3 minutes of air time and Brianna got 9. He is also doing AMA at reddit now:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2j8vg8/i_am_hotwheelscopypastefredrick_brennan_the/ 

What part crushed GamerGate? The part where she literally came out and said "yes there are ethics problems in the game industry and I've been talking about it on my show for years" to completely validate the entire thing?

Beats me, but that is the buzz I am reading. Also the last line about "8chan isn't all about you" was offensive...er somehow. People are weird.

What part crushed GamerGate? The part where she literally came out and said "yes there are ethics problems in the game industry and I've been talking about it on my show for years" to completely validate the entire thing?

Beats me, but that is the buzz I am reading. Also the last line about "8chan isn't all about you" was offensive...er somehow. People are weird.

• Like 1

Morning update from twitter

Here article from Social Researcher who analyses in the article why "#Gamergate, as we know it now, is a hate group."

http://jezebel.com/gamergate-trolls-arent-ethics-crusaders-theyre-a-hate-1644984010

That is as much as objective as to asking Von Däniken why the US government is hiding UFOs. 

Is it to much to ask for a sociology scholar/professor, with no previous affiliation with feminism, to conduct some research?

But do we now dismiss any opinions from feminists as "automatically biased " ?

Any opinion expressed on the Internet Twitter is automatically dismissed.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Any opinion expressed on the Internet Twitter is automatically dismissed.

Someone better tell that to Jaden Smith.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

So I watched the entire thing.

1. Wu had more time to talk than either Erik or Hotwheels but managed to say less than either.

2. Erik Kain made his points clearly and came off as sensible.

3. From what I can tell, Hotwheels is right about the law. He is not legally responsible for the actions of those who post at his board.

4. Wu's warning to Hotwheels came off as threatening.

5. Hotwheels ****ing owned with that closer.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

There is a place in the world where they have defeated internet harassment of at least one man. In the glorious republic of Astorska Belarus you can't use the internet anywhere without showing your passport and thus their radiant leader is protected from harassment.

• Like 1

There is a place in the world where they have defeated internet harassment of at least one man. In the glorious republic of Astorska Belarus you can't use the internet anywhere without showing your passport and thus their radiant leader is protected from harassment.

I think SJWs wouldn't mind if they could run the internet like Belarus.

I am always so happy to read twitter in these days

Terrorist threats against Utah State University because they have Anita Sarkeesian as quest speaker in some of their events. Article writer of course remembers to link that threat to GamerGate.

http://www.standard.net/Police/2014/10/14/Utah-State-University-student-threatens-act-of-terror-if-feminist.html

TotalBiscuit has recover somewhat from his cancer treatments has come back to give defensive voice for gamergate. 

totalbiscuit-twitter-gamergate.png?psid=

Washington Post gives their try to explain what GamerGate is and it don't draw very pretty picture

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/10/14/the-only-guide-to-gamergate-you-will-ever-need-to-read/

Edited by Elerond

Washington Post gives their try to explain what GamerGate is and it don't draw very pretty picture

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/10/14/the-only-guide-to-gamergate-you-will-ever-need-to-read/

I'm speechless. Maybe Gamers didn't die, maybe journalism did.

I mean put the context aside. Pretend this isn't about GamerGate and SJWs, pretend it's an article about Crips vs. Bloods. I still don't think there's any reason for such undeniable bias from a JOURNALIST, flaunting an opinion in the most hyperbolized, factual fashion imagineable. This might be the single most bias and terribly unethical article to date....and what's scary is it's not even from a gaming journalist with an already terrible reputation, who we'd EXPECT this kind of **** from...

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Has anyone noticed that few if any "legitimate" media sites mention the Gamers are Dead articles, which IMO are what turned this from a tiny internet spat into what it is now?

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

- I wish the media would realize that the "media censorship and corruption is a myth" claim can only be credibly made if you're willing to actually discuss those allegations instead of flat-out ignoring them and that doing so directly plays into the narrative of the group they decry.

What exactly are the allegations?